FA Youth Cup

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Lets hope the youngsters can try and salvage a bit of pride and silverware for this season.

We have a two leg semi final v Blackburn coming up and it looks like both legs will be shown on ITV4. First leg (away) is this Friday 18/03 and return home leg is on Friday 08/04. The other semi final is between Man City & Arsenal.

• 3 weeks later...

Men against boys that, so to speak. I like love how comfortable our youth players are receiving the ball no matter what situation they are in. And how no one's afraid to pass to a marked player.

First leg of the final is away and will be on Friday, 22 April. The home leg is on Wednesday, 27 April.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/04/youth-cup-final--dates-and-ticket-details-announced.html

The dates have been set for both legs of our FA Youth Cup final against Manchester City later this month.

Our Under-18 side will be taking part in their fifth successive Youth Cup final, having won three of the past four, and the meeting with City is a repeat of last year’s final which Joe Edwards’s side won 5-2 on aggregate.

The first leg this year will take place on Friday 22 April at City’s Academy Stadium, before the return at Stamford Bridge five days later on Wednesday 27 April. Both games kick off at 7.45pm and will be screened live on Chelsea TV.

Supporters are encouraged to come down to the Bridge to support the boys as they look to secure three triumphs in a row. 

Tickets are now on general sale (maximum of four per person) priced at £5 for adults and £3 for juniors (under 20) and seniors (over 65).

Tickets purchased online or via telesales before 12 noon on Monday 25 April will be posted out.

Tickets purchased online or via telesales after 12 noon on Monday 25 April will be kept at the ticket office for collection on the day.

Tickets will go off sale online or via telesales at 5pm on Tuesday 26 April.

Tickets will remain on sale to personal callers at the ticket office until 4pm on Wednesday 27 April.

Please note there will be no tickets sold after 4pm on Wednesday 27 April.

• 2 weeks later...

First leg of the final is away and will be on Friday, 22 April. The home leg is on Wednesday, 27 April.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/04/youth-cup-final--dates-and-ticket-details-announced.html

The dates have been set for both legs of our FA Youth Cup final against Manchester City later this month.

Our Under-18 side will be taking part in their fifth successive Youth Cup final, having won three of the past four, and the meeting with City is a repeat of last year’s final which Joe Edwards’s side won 5-2 on aggregate.

The first leg this year will take place on Friday 22 April at City’s Academy Stadium, before the return at Stamford Bridge five days later on Wednesday 27 April. Both games kick off at 7.45pm and will be screened live on Chelsea TV.

Supporters are encouraged to come down to the Bridge to support the boys as they look to secure three triumphs in a row. 

Tickets are now on general sale (maximum of four per person) priced at £5 for adults and £3 for juniors (under 20) and seniors (over 65).

Tickets purchased online or via telesales before 12 noon on Monday 25 April will be posted out.

Tickets purchased online or via telesales after 12 noon on Monday 25 April will be kept at the ticket office for collection on the day.

Tickets will go off sale online or via telesales at 5pm on Tuesday 26 April.

Tickets will remain on sale to personal callers at the ticket office until 4pm on Wednesday 27 April.

Please note there will be no tickets sold after 4pm on Wednesday 27 April.

Does anyone know why Fulham Broadway might be closed after the game?

Just so dominant at this level and it's great to see Joe and Jody doing such a great job. Two young(ish!) lads who are proper Chels and carrying on the good work done before them. Brilliant to see.

Really looking forward to tonight's game but it will be a tough one as City look very decent and will want revenge for last year. It's a battle of the two Elite Academies.

Saw something on Chelsea TV the other day that Joe Edwards is being promoted to a different role for next season where he will be travelling and in charge of development & progress of all the Chelsea loan players (f**k me, that will be a task and a fair bit of travelling). He's also doing his next badges. It does seem that the club are trying to promote from within which I'm all for. Viveash has always done a good job in the academy as did Drummy before him although he moved on and I'm surprised wasn't snatched by a lower division club. Can see Edwards going onto great things.

Really looking forward to tonight's game but it will be a tough one as City look very decent and will want revenge for last year. It's a battle of the two Elite Academies.

Saw something on Chelsea TV the other day that Joe Edwards is being promoted to a different role for next season where he will be travelling and in charge of development & progress of all the Chelsea loan players (f**k me, that will be a task and a fair bit of travelling). He's also doing his next badges. It does seem that the club are trying to promote from within which I'm all for. Viveash has always done a good job in the academy as did Drummy before him although he moved on and I'm surprised wasn't snatched by a lower division club. Can see Edwards going onto great things.

I think everyone is taking a step up, including Jon Harley who I really liked when he was a player.

Giving someone like Joe different experiences has got to be good though hasn't it? We might actually be better at developing coaches than players at the moment when you look at the guys we've had here. Would be great so see a homegrown coach come through.

Looking forward to tonight too.