Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

11 minutes ago, STATS said:

One. Aubameyang is not going to PSG for 40 mil. Dortmund will sell for much higher. If PSG are offering that for him, he will not end up there.

Two. This big game this is such a cop out. Lukaku may not score consistently against big teams however he has scored against them. He scored against City, home and away this season. Scored against Spurs. The other big games, Koeman has been so defensive, any striker would have difficulties. Against us, at the Bridge, they couldn't even get the ball out their own half. Same against Liverpool. Every season his record will show he has scored against some 'big team'. Name all the big teams he has played and he has scored against all of them.

Would you take Kane? For me the best striker in the PL. One goal against the 'big teams'. Poor record though against the big teams so stay well clear? In fact most of the strikers this season have not performed against the big teams. Sanchez is not generally good against big teams in the league but that means we should not buy him? Jesus, this idea that we should not sign him because he don't perform in big games pisses me off.

Maybe he has not shown that for Everton but one thing for sure is we have not seen him play for a big club against another big club. Wait until he is at a big team with world class players and see his record against the big teams because I am sure at the peak of his career, this idea that he struggles against big teams will be laughed at.

I am judging on what i have seen

* He has a heavy touch which makes him easy to defend. Hate costa all u want but he has a good touch

*he plays with hazard mertens and debruyne for the national team and doesnt stand out

*his play when he is backing the goal is weak for someone his size

He has many faults and is def not worth more than 45 mil. Anything less i am cool with him in the football club anything more and it is bloody robbery

6 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Honestly without being insulting I'm not sure you have a good enough understanding of football to play out this debate

I dont want to get involved in any argument regarding Lukaku as I think he is going to shut up a lot of his doubters.

But I just hate the bolded part. You did the same to me, and 1 week down the line, there is barely a chelsea fan who does not want him to f**k off and is literally totally tired of his daily sh*t. When you go into an argument/debate/discussion with the mindset that you are superior and the other person simply does not know football the same way, there is hardly anything to be gained by that. For most of us, except for the obvious trolls on the forum (we all know who), have a decent understanding of the game and a good enough reason of why they think the way they do. Just wanted to say that. 

4 hours ago, brakeit said:

It will be fun to come back and quote this guy, when Lukaku start scoring for us like mad.

But i`m sure this guy will be hidden in his hole and won`t shows up, unless there is some bad performance from the team and Lukaku. Then he will come and say i told you ....

Conte and the board is not a bunch of idiots, who knows nothing of football. They surely know all of Lukaku stats, strenghts and weakness. As well how to use him and what style will suit him.

I`m pretty sure a lot of people was questioning Conte decision to get Alonso and bring back Moses. But all of a sudden they perform great and we have fantastic season.

Conte knows what the team needed. He see the problem and wasn`t care about status and how much money we pay for a player. He sold Ivanovic, who was fading and sold Oscar, who was performing like s***.

Mourinho did not see this problem and was keeping them and was putting them into the starting 11 and we see what happen.

Conte knows best and if he want Lukaku, then he is the man for CHELSEA !!!

Dont bother man.. He is troll. Not worth the time.

4 hours ago, STATS said:

One of the most pathetic and immature posters on here. Can't you make a post without being sarcastic or your ridiculous laughing emoji. There is one thing not wanting Lukaku here but you make fun out of a player that is most likely going to be leading our line next season. What kind of supporter are you? Absolutely pathetic. Surprised the mods are not tired of you already like they were on Talk Chelsea. Just seen your age. You apparently are 26. The way you post, I would swear you are a 10 year old. Even that is offensive to a 10 year old because you go on more immature than one. If you are 26 as stated and turning 27 in September, grow the f**k up FFS.

What relation does age have with IQ? or mental stability?

59 minutes ago, Don Conte said:

what is too late. there are other great prospects. Aubemyang is better than lukaku and psg are offering 40 mill. I dont mind lukaku i just dont want us overpaying for him. I trust Conte wont overpay for anyone. I remember napoli asking for 60 million for Kouliballly and conte said f**k that and got luiz. I dont mind Lukaku but the price has to be right thats all i am saying. we can play hardball and let his contract go to the final year and then they wud be forced to sell or risk him leaving for free. We have played lukaku many teams while he was at everton and i have always paid extra emphasis to him bcoz we sold him and have never been impressed with him. He can be a great striker but he has a lot to work on. Whenever i see Debruyne i am like that is a great player that got away. Never felt that way about Lukaku. Also look at his record in the big games, we need a player that can step up in the big games he hasnt shown that for everton or Belgium...

In Conclusion I will take lukaku but only for the right price.  MAximum 45 mil since we sold him for 36

I am the complete opposite every time I watch de Bruyne he goes missing and for me is the definition of luxury player. Whereas with Lukaku I have seen him play like an absolute beast but have also seen him play like a mouse. It looks to me that he is very much a mood player if he is in the mood he looks unplayable if he isn't up for it he looks lame, I would say Diego is very similar on that front. I am hoping back at a club he is passionate for and under a passionate manager we will see more of the beast than the mouse.

47 minutes ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Count me in the "not sold" on Lukaku camp, but with Costa out and Morata not likely, I guess he is our target.

Hey, maybe we are putting together the Belgium national team, Courtois, Hazard, Batshuayi and Lukaku. :biggrin:

Who else can we sign? 

Come on you Chelsea!!

We have been linked with Mertens...

57 minutes ago, didierforever said:

I dont want to get involved in any argument regarding Lukaku as I think he is going to shut up a lot of his doubters.

But I just hate the bolded part. You did the same to me, and 1 week down the line, there is barely a chelsea fan who does not want him to f**k off and is literally totally tired of his daily sh*t. When you go into an argument/debate/discussion with the mindset that you are superior and the other person simply does not know football the same way, there is hardly anything to be gained by that. For most of us, except for the obvious trolls on the forum (we all know who), have a decent understanding of the game and a good enough reason of why they think the way they do. Just wanted to say that. 

Not talking about the player, if you read the conversation, it was about how you would have to work for a pressing team that encounters players sitting behind the ball vs a team that enjoys more open games. He was talking complete nonsense about the actual dynamics of football which are very obvious to anyone who follows football, plus it wasn't even my view he was debating I quoted something Paul Merson said, an ex striker, not a great one, and not teh brightest guy but ffs he knows teh basics about a strikers role. You can't say a counter attacking team's forwards will run more than a team who faces compact opposition because there is "less room" it's not correct. 

Also the reason I had cross words with either of you is the way you both responded, you said to me after innocently saying we need a ball playing centre back, "guess you've never watched christensen and ake then" out of the blue, so yes the way someone speaks to another person will affect the response.

I try and treat people with respect and expect the same back, if someone is a smart arse to me I'll return it in like, so after we sorted out our differences I'm not sure why you decided to step in and give me some pearls of wisdom without looking at the context of what I said. 

It's not my habit to be rude to people for no reason, I also don't enjoy bickering and usually just stop responding if a person is particularly argumentative like you have seen in both your cases, also moving on when you say things I don't agree with I've just avoided commenting as not to cause any bad feeling, so why you felt your interjection was needed is beyond me, the guy was talking bollox about basic football dynamics, nothing to do with reading into intricate player politics where opinions will range greatly,  a team that wants to press from the front need energetic forwards who work off the ball, not sure anyone on the planet with a bit of a football mind would argue that and certainly not in a matter of a fact smart arse way.

If you're worried about my conduct you'll be hard pressed to find people I've "abused" on here. I think you were the first real back and forth I've had and until your intervention that was sorted out.

And just to clarify I said I wont condemn Diego because we had no information only rumours, I gave a man who led our line to 2 titles the benefit of the doubt and I think that was correct, as soon as it became clear he has been rubbing the coach the wrong way, and this is the second coach to experience that, I withdrew my support from him, but still appreciate what he did for us and like him as a player on teh pitch if not off it.

Now that scenario vs  talking absolute bollox just for the sake of it, about something that isn't a point of debate there is just right and wrong, when he wasn't even arguing my point but a quote from an ex striker who played at the top level is a completely different scenario and I maintain he doesn't have much footballing knowledge and so shouldn't be a smart arse, you are a smart arse and have a different view to me but at least you have a bit of a football brain so it's more acceptable, I have absolutely no problem with different opinions I have a problem with bad attitudes, I'm very happy to discuss people's views respectfully whether I agree or not. 

2 hours ago, Don Conte said:

what is too late. there are other great prospects. Aubemyang is better than lukaku and psg are offering 40 mill. I dont mind lukaku i just dont want us overpaying for him. I trust Conte wont overpay for anyone. I remember napoli asking for 60 million for Kouliballly and conte said f**k that and got luiz. I dont mind Lukaku but the price has to be right thats all i am saying. we can play hardball and let his contract go to the final year and then they wud be forced to sell or risk him leaving for free. We have played lukaku many teams while he was at everton and i have always paid extra emphasis to him bcoz we sold him and have never been impressed with him. He can be a great striker but he has a lot to work on. Whenever i see Debruyne i am like that is a great player that got away. Never felt that way about Lukaku. Also look at his record in the big games, we need a player that can step up in the big games he hasnt shown that for everton or Belgium...

In Conclusion I will take lukaku but only for the right price.  MAximum 45 mil since we sold him for 36

Every striker that have been mentioned lately is 60m+. No way will teams sell us top quality products on a cheap. Even 30m+ is daylight robbery..

Whilst I'm also not in favour of Lukaku, I just hope Conte finds a formation that would suit all our players quicker this time around. Almost everyone in the top 6 bar Liverpool (:biggrin: ) will strengthen/have strengthened and we can't afford to have a summer like in 2015. 

2 hours ago, Chelsea Buzz said:

Count me in the "not sold" on Lukaku camp, but with Costa out and Morata not likely, I guess he is our target.

Hey, maybe we are putting together the Belgium national team, Courtois, Hazard, Batshuayi and Lukaku. :biggrin:

Who else can we sign? 

Come on you Chelsea!!

Hope not, the Belgium team underperforms consistently in high pressure games though this might be due to lack of top quality coaching etc

1 hour ago, PedroMendez said:

I am the complete opposite every time I watch de Bruyne he goes missing and for me is the definition of luxury player. Whereas with Lukaku I have seen him play like an absolute beast but have also seen him play like a mouse. It looks to me that he is very much a mood player if he is in the mood he looks unplayable if he isn't up for it he looks lame, I would say Diego is very similar on that front. I am hoping back at a club he is passionate for and under a passionate manager we will see more of the beast than the mouse.

I hope he survives pre-season. If Lukaku isn't as the rumours say, then he'd be fine. If he really is lazy or slow on the uptake, it might mean the bench :sad:

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

Missed this first time I read through. Glad you pointed it out

2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Not talking about the player, if you read the conversation, it was about how you would have to work for a pressing team that encounters players sitting behind the ball vs a team that enjoys more open games. He was talking complete nonsense about the actual dynamics of football which are very obvious to anyone who follows football, plus it wasn't even my view he was debating I quoted something Paul Merson said, an ex striker, not a great one, and not teh brightest guy but ffs he knows teh basics about a strikers role. You can't say a counter attacking team's forwards will run more than a team who faces compact opposition because there is "less room" it's not correct. 

Also the reason I had cross words with either of you is the way you both responded, you said to me after innocently saying we need a ball playing centre back, "guess you've never watched christensen and ake then" out of the blue, so yes the way someone speaks to another person will affect the response.

I try and treat people with respect and expect the same back, if someone is a smart arse to me I'll return it in like, so after we sorted out our differences I'm not sure why you decided to step in and give me some pearls of wisdom without looking at the context of what I said. 

It's not my habit to be rude to people for no reason, I also don't enjoy bickering and usually just stop responding if a person is particularly argumentative like you have seen in both your cases, also moving on when you say things I don't agree with I've just avoided commenting as not to cause any bad feeling, so why you felt your interjection was needed is beyond me, the guy was talking bollox about basic football dynamics, nothing to do with reading into intricate player politics where opinions will range greatly,  a team that wants to press from the front need energetic forwards who work off the ball, not sure anyone on the planet with a bit of a football mind would argue that and certainly not in a matter of a fact smart arse way.

If you're worried about my conduct you'll be hard pressed to find people I've "abused" on here. I think you were the first real back and forth I've had and until your intervention that was sorted out.

And just to clarify I said I wont condemn Diego because we had no information only rumours, I gave a man who led our line to 2 titles the benefit of the doubt and I think that was correct, as soon as it became clear he has been rubbing the coach the wrong way, and this is the second coach to experience that, I withdrew my support from him, but still appreciate what he did for us and like him as a player on teh pitch if not off it.

Now that scenario vs  talking absolute bollox just for the sake of it, about something that isn't a point of debate there is just right and wrong, when he wasn't even arguing my point but a quote from an ex striker who played at the top level is a completely different scenario and I maintain he doesn't have much footballing knowledge and so shouldn't be a smart arse, you are a smart arse and have a different view to me but at least you have a bit of a football brain so it's more acceptable, I have absolutely no problem with different opinions I have a problem with bad attitudes, I'm very happy to discuss people's views respectfully whether I agree or not. 

He says as if I can't read it. You were saying Lukaku was lazy, I disagreed and provided reasons for doing so; not once disagreeing with your evidence. Debating the tactics of it aside, telling people they don't know what they're talking about because they aren't English or never played at a high level is presumptive and arrogant. 

Im still waiting to see whether this is a trend or its a one off due to tactical reasons in regard to Lukaku's movement but you seem unwilling to help out. Im an uneducated novice in your eyes, funny you would prefer not to help a fellow Chelsea fan learn more about the game. 

The argument wasn't originally as you stated, it was over why he doesn't run as much. Which to me is down to Koeman and being at Everton. It took a few back and forth post before you side stepped the initial debate and dragged it into a tactical one. 

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

38 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

He says as if I can't read it. You were saying Lukaku was lazy, I disagreed and provided reasons for doing so; not once disagreeing with your evidence. Debating the tactics of it aside, telling people they don't know what they're talking about because they aren't English or never played at a high level is presumptive and arrogant. 

Im still waiting to see whether this is a trend or its a one off due to tactical reasons in regard to Lukaku's movement but you seem unwilling to help out. Im an uneducated novice in your eyes, funny you would prefer not to help a fellow Chelsea fan learn more about the game. 

The argument wasn't originally as you stated, it was over why he doesn't run as much. Which to me is down to Koeman and being at Everton. It took a few back and forth post before you side stepped the initial debate and dragged it into a tactical one. 

Mate are you f**king lonely or what I gave you the last word, why are you hounding me for a rise?

But in case you are genuinely interested, do I think Lukaku is lazy? I think he has a lazy style of play, my personal belief is because he thinks he is so good he doesn't have to try like that w**k penalty in the super cup, I think that's why Mou fuvked him off and I think now he has scored 25 goals he will think he is even better, even the way he celebrates he really thinks who the f**k he is.

Now look at hazard when he was asked to work harder he did it, he is humble, likeable willing to improve and he is 10 times the player Lukaku is.

Why would you think him not running is down to koeman when I posted a quote saying koemans biggest complaint was his workrate and that he has tried to work on it, a player that works hard works hard, if he isn't motivated at Everton why did he insist on a transfer when he wasn't going to get his own way first team football for Chelsea at 19? 

So yes I think he has a lazy style and it's based on his assumption that if I score goals why should I do anything more it's not my job.

There is no other reason for a top player to not work hard, arrogance over laziness as a cause, a professional athlete is clearly not a  lazy human intrinsically, but in the context of thinking "why should I if I don't have to" it's arrogance that leads to a poor work ethic if you want to call it that instead.

For me I just can't appreciate that, ever since the super cup that same stupid look on his face just irks me, I don't like the guy, but again I think under conte he can improve and I will support him if he signs for us.

52 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Costa's touch is one of the worst things about his game.

You gotta be kidding.How do u think he wins so many fouls he has a good first touch and then shields the ball so the defender has to go through him to get the ball. Costas problem is when he tries to dribble but when it comes to the first touch he has that on lockdown

2 hours ago, DonAntonio said:

Mate are you f**king lonely or what I gave you the last word, why are you hounding me for a rise?

But in case you are genuinely interested, do I think Lukaku is lazy? I think he has a lazy style of play, my personal belief is because he thinks he is so good he doesn't have to try like that w**k penalty in the super cup, I think that's why Mou fuvked him off and I think now he has scored 25 goals he will think he is even better, even the way he celebrates he really thinks who the f**k he is.

Now look at hazard when he was asked to work harder he did it, he is humble, likeable willing to improve and he is 10 times the player Lukaku is.

Why would you think him not running is down to koeman when I posted a quote saying koemans biggest complaint was his workrate and that he has tried to work on it, a player that works hard works hard, if he isn't motivated at Everton why did he insist on a transfer when he wasn't going to get his own way first team football for Chelsea at 19? 

So yes I think he has a lazy style and it's based on his assumption that if I score goals why should I do anything more it's not my job.

There is no other reason for a top player to not work hard, arrogance over laziness as a cause, a professional athlete is clearly not a  lazy human intrinsically, but in the context of thinking "why should I if I don't have to" it's arrogance that leads to a poor work ethic if you want to call it that instead.

For me I just can't appreciate that, ever since the super cup that same stupid look on his face just irks me, I don't like the guy, but again I think under conte he can improve and I will support him if he signs for us.

Well we disagree about why he's lazy then, end of. Id still be interested to see his running under Martinez not just 1 season under Koeman. 

This isn't about having the last word. Had you posted that a day ago we would have both saved time and this bickering would have been saved, personal attacks aside. You can't expect someone  you don't know who deals with the stigma of being American in the football world to lay down and let you bully them. Throwing shade because I have time to post on an internet forum, same as you do, is a little hypocritical don't you think?

Edited by TheChelseaBlues

12 hours ago, Don Conte said:

You gotta be kidding.How do u think he wins so many fouls he has a good first touch and then shields the ball so the defender has to go through him to get the ball. Costas problem is when he tries to dribble but when it comes to the first touch he has that on lockdown

Mate Costas first touch is a shocker most of the time. It causes the breakdown of so many attacks, along with the needless dribbling, as you rightly point out.

Edited by bjd

56 minutes ago, OverAndOut said:

So we have Diego being a diva, who could potentially be replaced by Lukaku, another diva.

Can we get a striker with a bit of professionalism please?

I don't want either at the club.

I hope Lukaku lowers his ego if he does come here. Conte is a hardass and he won't tolerate selfishness