Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2016/2017

4 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Good article by Sam Wallace.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/15/fallen-aristocrats-milan-must-find-way-european-footballs-new/

I hope Milan return to relevance. Great club and a historical European powerhouse. 

Hope the money will work but I think Arabians are more knowledgeable about football than Chinese

My heart breaks for poor little Spurs and their poor little manager.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/15/mauricio-pochettino-world-killed-tottenham-leicester-chelsea-bournemouth

I think you can put [yourself] in my position and the players’ position. It was so, so difficult because the team that all the world tried to kill was Tottenham in second place. It was impossible to understand why. It was very good to hear that comment from Ranieri because it means a lot. It means a lot.”

The Italian’s side won the championship on a night when they were not even playing, thanks to Chelsea fighting back to draw from 2-0 down at home in Spurs’ third last match on an ill-tempered evening at Stamford Bridge.

Pochettino, who saw goals from Mousa Dembélé, Son Heung-min, Harry Kane and Vincent Janssen see off Bournemouth, added: “Leicester fully deserved the title but now, I think you understand more our behaviour against Chelsea. Now, you recognise that the situation was so, so difficult for us.

“We learned a lot from last season. There was a very bad period at the end when we spent a lot of energy fighting against Leicester but also against West Bromwich, against Chelsea, against the media, against the people.

Everywhere I look I see a lot of hatred for Herrera... but honestly, do you rate him as a player?

If I think of one player I truly hate... McBitesalot aka Suarez. I hate him so much, but as a footballer I can't deny he's one helluva player

Everywhere I look I see a lot of hatred for Herrera... but honestly, do you rate him as a player?
If I think of one player I truly hate... McBitesalot aka Suarez. I hate him so much, but as a footballer I can't deny he's one helluva player

I think he's a good player but he's a dirty little cheat. Surely you can see that when you objectively look at him? I have no trouble seeing how people hate Costa.

9 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

I think he's a good player but he's a dirty little cheat. Surely you can see that when you objectively look at him? I have no trouble seeing how people hate Costa.

He plays tough but falls over just like anyone else when he "has to"... perhaps the dislike comes from that. I rate Costa (perhaps not yesterday when he was rubbish), but honestly he's much dirtier. Pinches and small fouls when he knows the ref aint watching. Can't say I've seen Herrera do those things. Players who play on the edge but falls over from time to time seems to get that hate, so yeah I totally understand the hate he gets. Was just curious about the opinions on his footballing skills :)

And the handball yesterday and his comments about it... those kinds of handballs have been asked about for ages when it happens and perhaps one out of a thousand have admitted to it. It's laughable, but that's the way it seems to work.

Edited by Bogga

19 hours ago, DidierDrogbalala said:

What a sh*t week for Lyon 

French football has become a farce, there's an incident basically every week, racism or violence, it's becoming like 80's England. F*ck knows what's wrong with the fans over there, about time French teams were kicked out of Europe, same happened to our teams until people got a grip.

Edited by Floyd25

1 hour ago, Bogga said:

He plays tough but falls over just like anyone else when he "has to"... perhaps the dislike comes from that. I rate Costa (perhaps not yesterday when he was rubbish), but honestly he's much dirtier. Pinches and small fouls when he knows the ref aint watching. Can't say I've seen Herrera do those things. Players who play on the edge but falls over from time to time seems to get that hate, so yeah I totally understand the hate he gets. Was just curious about the opinions on his footballing skills :)

And the handball yesterday and his comments about it... those kinds of handballs have been asked about for ages when it happens and perhaps one out of a thousand have admitted to it. It's laughable, but that's the way it seems to work.

I think Herrera is a cheat. He's always looking to get a player sent off, even when he is the one making a dirty tackle. The guy is a w**ker. As a footballer, he is ok, nothing special though. I don't think any team that wants to win the title and Champions League would buy him, there are far better options out there.

Edited by Scott Harris

Herrera's got one of those faces and whilst we're on the subject of United, What will it take for that little sh*t Rojo to finally get sent off? He could have paid tribute to former United legends Cantona and Roy Keane yesterday by kung fu-ing a fan, Repeating the Alf Inge Haaland tackle on Matic and still only get a ticking off.

I want Arsenal to win tonight, Not only because Arsenal fan tv can no longer have a big enough meltdown for it to reignite my interest but because you don't want to face them at Wembley with such a bad losing streak, Let them win 2-1/1-0. I still think they will do Spurs at WHL, If anything that might be the game Arsenal confirm the 2 year extension for Wenger, Spurs go into that game thinking about taking the lead from Chelsea in the title race, Arsenal in dire straits, Arsenal to go and do a Demba Ba on them and hand Chelsea the initiative and all will be well at the Emirates.