Anyone worried about summer departures?

45 minutes ago, Cfcstevens said:

If the so called big guns did leave then we have the man to manage the team and keep going I think. Who would have thought at the start of this season victor Moses and Marcus alonso wud have been playing the way they are? 

When Diego does go there's no doubt we will make a tasty profit on him. Hazard is Madrid bound, no doubt about that. His hero is zidane. We will get 1 or 2 years out of him and that's it. We have to believe in conte to bring in players he thinks can make the team better. None of us expected to be where we are now so let's just trust the management to make the best decisions for the club. Also let's hope one day we give a youth player a chance and he becomes the new jt!!!

well, we can hope can't we..................

Has there been anything concrete on Madrid apart from Zidane being his hero? Drogba was an Arsenal fan, just saying.

16 minutes ago, Argo said:

Has there been anything concrete on Madrid apart from Zidane being his hero? Drogba was an Arsenal fan, just saying.

I heard he likes San Miguel and paella as well......... Can't see him stepping back into the French lge so it's Madrid or Barca. If zidane comes calling will he turn it down??

14 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Curtois seems like a fair weather man. Keep winning and he'll have no problem staying. If we weren't doing so well so far he wouldn't be saying what he has been IMO. 

Costa is the victim of press rumors, I don't think he's as eager to leave as it's been made out. One more shot at the CL here will pacify him to stay. At worst he'll want out after next season. 

Hazard wants to go out on top so I suppose you could say he'll be off if we win the league but I feel he wants to make good in the CL. I think that goes hand in hand with him playing poorly lately, if the title race starts getting close I expect he'll start lighting it up again. He looks like he slacks off when theres no pressure on.

I think it's laughable to think Cesc will leave. There are only a handful of clubs who could afford him and how many of those would he actually start at every week? 

I think Matic and Dave are most likely to leave this summer. Dave doesn't seem like he'll have a nailed on spot going forward and unless he stays on as a utility player I can't see him sticking around. 

Matic clearly isn't good enough going forward. He'll want to start and I hope we can't offer him that come August. 

Got to disagree with theee 2 comments. Cesc isn't getting any younger and wants to play regular football (I want him to stay might I add). 

Also I can't see Dave going anywhere. He has been one of our most consistent players the last few years, trusted by every manager and can play anywhere in the backline, I reckon he will get moved into wing back role next season and will probably make that his own spot. 

Costa, Tibo or Cesc most likely to leave IMO. 

I'm not worried about anybody leaving yet. Anything can happen in the summer.

I wouldn't be surprised if Costa, Courtois and Fabregas are all here next season. So many feel that Fabregas will definitely be the one leaving, but i'm not so sure about that. Obviously he would prefer to play week in week out, but i haven't seen anything to suggest he isn't happy with us right now.

I hope he stays. He may not play every week but i think we need him. He is still our most creative player.

On 1/29/2017 at 15:32, bola said:

To be honest, that tactic has long been around since last century, ok a bit of hyperbole but you get my point.. hardly something new for them to 'figure out...'

I know that, the point I was trying to make that for the first half of the season teams were trying to go toe to toe with Liverpool and often came unstuck - then you see one or two successfully parking the bus (Plymouth especially) and everybody's at it. Continued success needs continuous adaptation - right now, Liverpool are struggling to adapt.  

1 hour ago, Cfcstevens said:

I heard he likes San Miguel and paella as well......... Can't see him stepping back into the French lge so it's Madrid or Barca. If zidane comes calling will he turn it down??

Who knows, i remember when Jose left the first time we were all convinced there was going to be a mass exodus with only Terry sure to stay, yet all that band committed the rest of their prime years to us. Will Hazard do the same? I honestly don't know but him going Real isn't this dead set inevitability that people are suggesting and i haven't seen anything concrete to suggest otherwise. The Tibo rumours are making me nervous i must admit but Eden? Wouldn't surprise me one jot if he commits his prime years here, infact if i had to guess i think he will.

On 1/28/2017 at 21:00, RickUK said:

Hazard i dont think goes, I believe Costa will and so will Fabregas.  Courtois not convinced

Hazard will rule Premier League. It will be a big mistake for him to leave. Although I can see him performing well in other leagues since EPL is toughest in all.

7 hours ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

Right now. Is he still after the summer when we've brought in a CB or two?

I'd be really disappointed if we buy 1 or 2 CBs, just get Christensen back and we will be fine. Dave is that good, he could occupy any of the defensive positions, hell he may even play DM if he's asked.

7 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Yes. 

He's our best defender. 

I think he's our most versatile defender for sure, 1v1 he's provably the best as well tho Luiz is pretty damn good too. If he's going to play CB, ahead of Cahill, Zouma, Christensen we're going to have to figure out how to keep him away from aerial battles consistently. Based on what he arranged at Juve I think Conte will prefer 3 taller and stronger CBs. Maybe that pushes Dave to WB but IMO he doesn't offer enough going forward to play there week in and week out. He'll probably play a little of both but I just don't see where he fits in going forward if he wants to play every match. 

4 hours ago, Adam252 said:

Got to disagree with theee 2 comments. Cesc isn't getting any younger and wants to play regular football (I want him to stay might I add). 

Also I can't see Dave going anywhere. He has been one of our most consistent players the last few years, trusted by every manager and can play anywhere in the backline, I reckon he will get moved into wing back role next season and will probably make that his own spot. 

Costa, Tibo or Cesc most likely to leave IMO. 

Im not at all worried about Cesc. As you pointed out with Dave, Cesc has been very good and very consistent this season. Miles ahead of Matic anyway IMO. I keep going back to Conte at Juve but I don't think its unreasonable to suggest he'll play Cesc in the same role he used Pirlo. Cesc also has the fact that he's one of the only CMs in the world with his set of skills nevermind in our squad. I'm sure he like every other footballer wants to play every match but he's played in most of our matches this season and we'll hopefully have even more playing time to hand out next season. 

9 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

I'd be really disappointed if we buy 1 or 2 CBs, just get Christensen back and we will be fine. Dave is that good, he could occupy any of the defensive positions, hell he may even play DM if he's asked.

I was including Andreas in that. I think we'll buy at least 1 and plus Andreas makes 2. I suppose we could get by with just Andreas, Luiz, Cahill, Zouma and Dave plus Ake if need be. 

I'm not worried. If we can win the PL we become a more attractive club to play for and with the profits being made on sales to China and Champions league money we can afford to pay big wages or attract the best replacements.

Anything could happen between now and the end of the season so it's a bit defeatist to be worried about players leaving now. I think Costa and/or Hazard could go but the reality is we just don't know so keep the faith.

i'm actually very happy because we have ake & musonda back, and not to jinx it, but looks like neither are going anywhere this window. how is that not a result in itself? no need to spend, spend, spend if conte feels the youngsters are worth the punt. really hope musonda can impress the manager and get his premier league minutes. 

Edited by enigma

nah kenedy could be moulded into that lwb role, and i want to see how musonda can develop under conte. would love to see conte do a similar job to what he did with pogba at juve. musonda has bags of talent, and probably the player i am more excited to see play for chelsea in the future.