Do you seriously think missing out on top 4 will affect our chances to sign players?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

17 hours ago, Mike Carefree said:

I dont believe it will stop us signing any BIG players .....Theyll still come for the dough and know we will probably be in the european cup season after next....I for one am glad, selfishly, that we arent in the big cup comp becoz we havent presently got a hope in hell of getting anywhere  near a semi  with our fire power or any newbies we may sign......Im more confident we can get closer to the prem title next season....everyone will suss man city out and how to play them now..The rest spuds le arse manxutd liverdips and us are pretty much equal in the bigger picture of things...Spuds will have to get used to a new ground...Arse a new manager.....Pool...everyone will mark out salah etc....Since winning the holy grail ( european cup ) i look at it as done and dusted and has no great significance to me personally...Well i suppose it would be great to sing to the spuds...............YOULL NEVER SING THAAAAT......  give me the good old prem anytime.....Im sure no one will agree with this. ....................The prem is the only comp that would personally increase my heartrate from 1 beat to 8 beats per minute

Totally agree Mike, a few years ago when we had all those near misses with the champions league, penalty shoot outs, ghost goals, and crooked refs, I had resigned myself to us never winning it, then 2012 came along and hallelujah, we somehow won it. It's very much job done and yes good to win it again but it's case of been there, done that. Prem is where it is, and people should never write fa cup off either, it's the fa cup for f**k sake!!! Who gives a sh*t about lining the corrupt UEFA pockets with their over rated bollox, much more exciting drawing say Millwall away in cup than shalke at home in champs league

If we can keep Hazard and if we can bring in some good players it won’t make much of a difference.

Call me crazy but I’m actually quite excited about the Europa League. I’m actually bored of the Champions League and I think we’d have a better chance of winning the Europa League. 

There’s also pros to the EL:

- it’s another route to the CL if our league position isn’t top 4 (granted that doesn’t mean it’s easy to win)

- our youth players may actually get some game time and it could benefit us long term

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

Totally agree Mike, a few years ago when we had all those near misses with the champions league, penalty shoot outs, ghost goals, and crooked refs, I had resigned myself to us never winning it, then 2012 came along and hallelujah, we somehow won it. It's very much job done and yes good to win it again but it's case of been there, done that. Prem is where it is, and people should never write fa cup off either, it's the fa cup for f**k sake!!! Who gives a sh*t about lining the corrupt UEFA pockets with their over rated bollox, much more exciting drawing say Millwall away in cup than shalke at home in champs league

Agree with a lot of that yet the club gets a lot of money from CL participation via sponsorship and prize money https://www.totalsportek.com/money/uefa-champions-league-prize-money/.

Some players will only come for CL participation others for just money, the manager, the EPL.

34 minutes ago, Bluesince66 said:

The real question as some have probably already mentioned, is will Roman support the new manager,surely even he realises it needs to be done for us to start competing again.

I just have a gut feeling that we will be big spenders. Chelsea have been embarrassed this current season on and off the pitch, and Roman is a proud man. 

I don't think it makes a huge difference unless we're going after players who have never played in it and have offers elsewhere. It's not like we're Leicester and probably never getting back into the CL. The 2 off years recently is concerning but I don't think it stops the big names from joining. 

Jorginho and Koulibaly will follow Sarri if we end up sacking Conte so the club could hedge their bets a little if the don't think the name on the shirt and Conte are big enough draws. 

Yes and no, it really all depends on a number of things really.

It's definitely a lot harder to attract top players if you finish outside of the top 4, you have to offer the player a lot more money just to get them here (like Arsenal have done with Aubameyang) I don't think we will do that though.

I'm not just worried about bringing top quality players here either, it's the players going out that i am worried about. If we lose Hazard, then i am writing off our chances of finishing in the top 4 straight away. The guy is so crucial to our attack. Look how bad we are when he losses a bit of form, we are toothless without him. 

I predict conte will still be manager next season.....This isnt popular but one area we should IMO change is goalie....I cant see tbo getting any better and he has too many faults for my liking.......Sell him....pay big dollars for a goalie and a proper knowledgable, knows where the goal is, forward and i think a few sales later the prem is ours for the taking.....Get joe hart as second goalie too......

On ?18?/?05?/?2018 at 14:28, Mike Carefree said:

I predict conte will still be manager next season.....This isnt popular but one area we should IMO change is goalie....I cant see tbo getting any better and he has too many faults for my liking.......Sell him....pay big dollars for a goalie and a proper knowledgable, knows where the goal is, forward and i think a few sales later the prem is ours for the taking.....Get joe hart as second goalie too......

If he is still here next season, think I'll start calling you Mystic Mike.