Southampton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 20th Feb 2021 12:30 GMT

coco

19 hours ago, Browerkid said:

I just don't think we are a good football team.  Are we playing better then under Frank?   Maybe a little. More sound on defense for sure.  We have not beaten a good team under TT.  That's a fact.  a win against the most off form Tottenham team in years is not a good win.  I dont care that it's away.  

I hear the announcers say. "Chelsea needs to get better in the final third"  yea I agree lol.  Our first touch isn't good and we pass to no one 90% of the time. Its crazy.  Remember Man U put up 9! Against Southhampton.   9!  

Only way we make top 4 is if everyone fades away at the end like last year. 

The only way we are where we are now is for that reason.

18 hours ago, Browerkid said:

Every team faded around us last year for us to make top 4.  And it was the lowest point total for a 4th place team in how long?  We were so fortunate to be top 4 last year.  

I think defensively when Silva is back we can be fine.  But offensively it's been struggle. 

I agree, but why the f**k are we relying on a 37year old . Ans. our other defenders are dog sh*t. Someone tell us why they are not.

Edited by Kev56

34 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

I agree, but why the f**k are we relying on a 37year old . Ans. our other defenders are dog sh*t. Someone tell us why they are not.

Agreed. Beyond Thiago I would say currently the best defenders on our payroll are out on loan. Specifically Guehi and Tomori.

On 20/02/2021 at 08:53, just said:

Obviously I strongly disagree. The slowest player in the league and tempo? Hhhm.

Not to mention Kante has won the ball so much more than Jorginho ever does.

You remember we were getting bossed I can’t remember by who frank brought him on and he was bossing  game. 

It puzzles me how you equate speed to tempo, he moves the ball about he makes more passes than anyone else, was a 40 year old Pirlo fast? 

Kante is a top player but I don’t think he fits this system when attacking his passing isn’t sharp enough. 

kova and Jorginho in the middle was where we have had the best performances under TT. 

I’d like to see a havertz kova mount midfield when trying to break down teams. 

55 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

We have some very good players, I don’t agree with this average tag.

Havertz- coveted by a host of clubs.

Werner- Scored for fun last season and still making good runs.

Pulisic- if he can get the injuries under control, a very big threat.

Mount- One of England’s brightest young talents.

CHO- Skill, pace, any top team would love him.

James- Playing right back for England a position that they have 5-6 options.

I could go on, it’s for the manager to make these players into an effective team, on paper our current squad is easily top 4.

If it was deemed Frank wasn’t the man to get a tune out of this very talented squad, and we needed an upgrade, then that upgrade should be noticeable and so far it isn’t.

You are of the opinion that , ‘We have some very good players’ ??

Well, as we all know, football is subjective, so it depends on what you think it takes to be a very good player that will define your opinion I suppose, but this is how I look at it;

If Manc’s C and U, Leicester and the pikeys - the clubs currently occupying the top 4 spots in the PL , add in Spuds, the arsewipes, Everton and the dippers, all pooled their match day squad players along with ours and then the club’s picked a player each in rotation - exactly like after school football matches - how many of our players would be in the very first round of picks and how left in the final group for selection and how many of our current squad would TT pick?!

The only players of genuine, consistent week after week quality , are Mount and Silva. Close behind is James, although he has his moments ! , but let’s say 3, only those 3 I would consider to be very good and the only one in the first round pick is perhaps Silva? 

Perhaps slightly better than average on their day are Kova, Kante and chilli.

The rest are mostly distinctly average, mid to bottom half PL or even championship level in some cases .

..................Havertz- coveted by a host of clubs - really !!! Offers to Marina c/o Stamford Bridge because he’s shown f**k all to suggest he’s average , never mind good and especially not very f**king good !!!

Werner- Scored for fun last season and still making good runs. - mate, a) he has the WORST first touch I have ever seen in a professional footballer b) he can not control a pass played to him c) he consistently under hits his pass d) he consistently over hits his pass e) he’s called banjo because, like the back of the net, he couldn’t hit a cows arse with one, but if all of this is what it takes to be a very good player then my c*cks a bloater ?!

Pulisic- if he can get the injuries under control, a very big threat - in my world you need to be consistently good to be considered very good, showing glimpses and then being absolute pants, injury or no, can’t allow you to be considered good - for example - Sergio Aguero has more injuries than most but when he plays he is very very good . 

Mount- One of England’s brightest young talents - Absof**kinglutley he is.

CHO- Skill, pace, any top team would love him. Hmmmm, before yesterday and since TT took over, he’s had his chance and he’s played ok and sometimes better than ok, but he often a) switches off and ball watches b) switches off and forgets his role and defensive responsibilities c) rarely takes on his opposite number in a foot race as a winger should with dribbles/step overs - how many pens has he won ? d) instead of taking the defender on, he often will pass sideways or back. I’m inclined to suggest more offers to Marina and if the money is right let him go, because I don’t believe that he is any better than average when he can be bothered.

I suspect you maybe a stats man , but the piece of paper that you imagine hypothetically makes us easily top 4 might well belong to Eurynomos ?

As for you summation that it’s for TT to get a tune out of this squad, well you are correct , but I don’t believe that it is possible to polish a turd , sorry, RA needs to spend I’m afraid.

16 minutes ago, Paddy said:

You are of the opinion that , ‘We have some very good players’ ??

Well, as we all know, football is subjective, so it depends on what you think it takes to be a very good player that will define your opinion I suppose, but this is how I look at it;

If Manc’s C and U, Leicester and the pikeys - the clubs currently occupying the top 4 spots in the PL , add in Spuds, the arsewipes, Everton and the dippers, all pooled their match day squad players along with ours and then the club’s picked a player each in rotation - exactly like after school football matches - how many of our players would be in the very first round of picks and how left in the final group for selection and how many of our current squad would TT pick?!

The only players of genuine, consistent week after week quality , are Mount and Silva. Close behind is James, although he has his moments ! , but let’s say 3, only those 3 I would consider to be very good and the only one in the first round pick is perhaps Silva? 

Perhaps slightly better than average on their day are Kova, Kante and chilli.

The rest are mostly distinctly average, mid to bottom half PL or even championship level in some cases .

..................Havertz- coveted by a host of clubs - really !!! Offers to Marina c/o Stamford Bridge because he’s shown f**k all to suggest he’s average , never mind good and especially not very f**king good !!!

Werner- Scored for fun last season and still making good runs. - mate, a) he has the WORST first touch I have ever seen in a professional footballer b) he can not control a pass played to him c) he consistently under hits his pass d) he consistently over hits his pass e) he’s called banjo because, like the back of the net, he couldn’t hit a cows arse with one, but if all of this is what it takes to be a very good player then my c*cks a bloater ?!

Pulisic- if he can get the injuries under control, a very big threat - in my world you need to be consistently good to be considered very good, showing glimpses and then being absolute pants, injury or no, can’t allow you to be considered good - for example - Sergio Aguero has more injuries than most but when he plays he is very very good . 

Mount- One of England’s brightest young talents - Absof**kinglutley he is.

CHO- Skill, pace, any top team would love him. Hmmmm, before yesterday and since TT took over, he’s had his chance and he’s played ok and sometimes better than ok, but he often a) switches off and ball watches b) switches off and forgets his role and defensive responsibilities c) rarely takes on his opposite number in a foot race as a winger should with dribbles/step overs - how many pens has he won ? d) instead of taking the defender on, he often will pass sideways or back. I’m inclined to suggest more offers to Marina and if the money is right let him go, because I don’t believe that he is any better than average when he can be bothered.

I suspect you maybe a stats man , but the piece of paper that you imagine hypothetically makes us easily top 4 might well belong to Eurynomos ?

As for you summation that it’s for TT to get a tune out of this squad, well you are correct , but I don’t believe that it is possible to polish a turd , sorry, RA needs to spend I’m afraid.

Definitely not a stats man 😂

As you said it’s all opinions.

The two biggest issues that we are facing is a lack of goals and an almost total lack of creativity.  Tuchel has definitely stopped the losses, but we had some easier games during his honeymoon period. This period should have given the players the perfect chance to prove themselves to Tuchel, but with the exception of Mount and Jovacic, none of the others have done so. I hate to say, it looks like the same old Chelsea. Players not giving a f**k, not trying, or giving up as soon as the oppo score.  Yes, the defence has tightened up but Southampton, Newcastle, Barnsley, Spurs and Burnley are not exactly World Beaters !! I really do fear a hammering when we play someone decent. I expect Tuchel to get hold of the squad, give it a damn good shake (bollocking CHO was a start) and make a clear plan of who needs to go and who is worth keeping.

Has Tuchel had enough time to work on a proper game plan (A & B) ? probably not, so it must be down to the players simply not performing, until he has had sufficient time on the training ground with the entire squad when fit. He has to be given time, the rest of this season seems appropriate. But in that time, he must get 100% straight in his mind who has to go. For me, we have too many bang ordinary players who would not get into any other  top 4 squad.  The easy choices are Kepa, Caballero. Rudiger, Alonso, Christensen, Emerson, Dave (sorry but he is past his best) Jorginho and Ziyech (seems to have thrown the towel in already) Ship these out, and replace with new blood and players on loan like Gallagher, Guehi and RLC. I firmly believe that Werner, Havertz and Pulisic WILL come good and deliver, once Tuchel has devised a plan to get the best out of them.

I don't think you can really judge a manger until he has been given a chance to bring in a couple of players he wants.

Of course in the current scenario if he gets a tune out of the current squad and gets us into the CL then he has done well.

I hope if the first teamers are not performing he considers the youngsters like Frank did.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I don't think you can really judge a manger until he has been given a chance to bring in a couple of players he wants.

Of course in the current scenario if he gets a tune out of the current squad and gets us into the CL then he has done well.

I hope if the first teamers are not performing he considers the youngsters like Frank did.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure Tuchel would have loved to bring Werner and Havertz to the team. The only player I don't see us signing under Tuchel is Chilwell probably.

4 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I don't know, I'm pretty sure Tuchel would have loved to bring Werner and Havertz to the team. The only player I don't see us signing under Tuchel is Chilwell probably.

Also wouldn't have mattered if he didn't want them. They were club buys not for the manager. Only players Lampard wanted according to the reports were Rice and Chilwell. 

I don't get why Tuchel pens Alonso in the lineup every game. He was rubbish again vs South Hampton. He doesn't link up play with forwards, can't cross or chip the ball. Tuchel has to figure out a way to get Chilwell in the lineup to jump start the offense. Tired of watching 500 backwards passes every game with no plan in the 18 yard box.