Southampton v Chelsea (PL) Sat 20th Feb 2021 12:30 GMT

1 minute ago, Strider6003 said:

For me this on TT today.

Not sure why Christensen was not playing as our best ball playing CB without Silva. Thought maybe he saw a weakness in Saints defensively so he wanted both Rudiger and Zouma yet if so why take short corners?

With Kante and Kova we don't get a midfield pivot. Thought both were poor.

Poor goal to concede only Azpi reacted to Minamo.

Werner had chances he once more failed to take advantage of.

Abraham was poor.

CHO wasn't that great though neither was Ziyech, strange.

James was poor offensively a couple of decent defensive blocks yet many passes back to the keeper that on another day might have been intercepted.

Mount by far our most dangerous player and Alonso was ok too.

A poor day today and TT must realise he needs to be careful about resting players, too many changes today for me.

I was miffed with the short corners too, we had Zouma Rudiger, Alonso and Tammy in the box yet we preferred dilly dallying with the ball at the edge of the box. 

1 minute ago, enigma said:

They can't clear out though because other clubs realise how trash those signings are. We managed to offload Willian and Luiz, but the rest of the signings from that terrible transfer window are still going strong. Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley, Batshuayi, Alonso, Rudiger. I mean seriously?! What a way to run a business. 

That's it, we are lucky to get 1 sold each window and the others either go on loan or stay put. The money they are on and the form means no one will pay for them. Sadly in covid times we will be stuck with the majority of them

Just now, Malta Blue said:

Coming from one of the more argumentative of people on here I will take that as a badge of honour.

Why can we not have a Tuchel vs Frank debate?

When do I ever revel in our downfall and post sh*t like that to cause arguments? I have a laugh every now and then but time and place for it. 

Every time we drop points is this what we're going to get every time? Frank Lampard brought up, pictures of him smiling and cheering. Oh great... And I got slaughtered on here for even suggesting that some people want us to do badly in spite of Lampard. 

Hooking CHO and bringing on Hakim 'you've one job when taking a corner and that is to beat the first man' Ziyech.

If it was performance related absolutely no justification  ahead of Werner and a few more.

Today's match sums up nicely what we do and where we are as an attacking force.

If Lampard had done this he'd be getting slaughtered, lack of experience, only championship level sh*t talk.

Mount once again comes out with credit in another terrible performance.

Just now, Chelsbear said:

Not in the way he did 3 to 4 years ago. 

He's not the same player anymore, we lose the midfield playing Kante along with one of the other 3 defensive mods we have. There is zero threat 

The balance of the squad is all wrong and its absurd the midfield has went so long being as defensive minded as it has. 

Of course he is not the same but today he was spectacular. Our offense isn't working got nothing to do with our midfield. Our front 2 are awful. James isn't a wb. Plus i have no clue what TT was doing bringing jorgi and Ziyech. Giroud is the no brainer sub for azpi or james or zouma. 

1 minute ago, Carloseyebrow said:

Hooking CHO and bringing on Hakim 'you've one job when taking a corner and that is to beat the first man' Ziyech.

If it was performance related absolutely no justification  ahead of Werner and a few more.

Today's match sums up nicely what we do and where we are as an attacking force.

If Lampard had done this he'd be getting slaughtered, lack of experience, only championship level sh*t talk.

Mount once again comes out with credit in another terrible performance.

we need to create more the balance is not right.. Azpi was so defensive today didnt move to create the extra man... players looked tired and without ideas to be honest..

2 minutes ago, Kova17 said:

Why would you bench Jorginho when he and Kovacic have worked so well together?

I'm so tired of shoehorning Kante into this side. Jorginho & Kovacic have dominated the midfield in every game since Tuchel arrived and as soon as Kante is back in midfield we lose it. His passing is atrocious and he's a terrible partner for Kovacic who of course was suffering.

Won the ball back a lot in fairness but he's just a complete hinderance to ourselves when it comes to attacking and controlling.

3 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

For me this on TT today.

Not sure why Christensen was not playing as our best ball playing CB without Silva. Thought maybe he saw a weakness in Saints defensively so he wanted both Rudiger and Zouma yet if so why take short corners?

With Kante and Kova we don't get a midfield pivot. Thought both were poor.

Poor goal to concede only Azpi reacted to Minamo.

Werner had chances he once more failed to take advantage of.

Abraham was poor.

CHO wasn't that great though neither was Ziyech, strange.

James was poor offensively a couple of decent defensive blocks yet many passes back to the keeper that on another day might have been intercepted.

Mount by far our most dangerous player and Alonso was ok too.

A poor day today and TT must realise he needs to be careful about resting players, too many changes today for me.

Good summary as usual. A poor performance vs lesser opposition was inevitable  and the key will be the reaction, which I expect we’ll see vs atletico though I don’t think we can expect to win that tie. The CHO decision though - wow. Reserving judgment for now.

Today was sh*te. Subs have offered us nothing. And we look pathetic against a team that have been losing 6 straight games and against a Soton team that have been smacked 9 goals last season and another 9 goals this season. 

Alonso was mediocre. His only strong point is going out of position to score, the second a team puts a man on him, he can't do anything. 

Werner's decisionmaking is poor as hell. The time when he should shoot, he passes but when he should have cut back, he tries a shot. 

CHO should've done better but he was invisible for a good 10 minutes. 

James should have maintained composure. 

I wanted Zouma to do well but he fell asleep for the goal and was average throughout. Should have done better with his chance

Tuchel tinkered too much today. 

7 minutes ago, rocker_joker said:

Disagree that it was bad performance as overall we played well. Zouma's mistake and our front line misfiring cost the points today.  

Have our standards really slipped so low that some people will say we played well overall? We didn't play well, we were awful. We didn't test the keeper at all, our passing was slow, the players looked half asleep. It was a good performance for a mid table team, it was a bad performance for a team that was looking to close the gap on the title challengers at the start of the season.

Just saw Tuchels interview. I feel like that was a train wreck. Callum wasent great but atleast we were causing them some problems with him. Thats probably completely ruined his confidence now. The irony is he brings on Ziyech who in 15 mins was diabolical. 

1 minute ago, Eight Times said:

It's actually at the point where I have to question if I even like football anymore.  Seriously some nights I get home from work and think, ah sh*t I gotta watch Chelsea tonight, when in reality I'd much rather be on the Playstation.  Man do I miss the days of Zola, Vialli, Flo and DiMatteo.

I think the club are going downhill, we've let Manchester City and Liverpool overtake us, we've just stood their and taken it.

I was thinking this aswell this week. I dont really enjoy it, its more like an addiction at this stage. I spend 90 minutes, just being constantly frustrated the some of the total ineptitude of dome these players. 

It doesnt feel the same now, lots of athletes with no football brains, playing in stale games that are micro managed and over coached.

Very robotic, and its not as much a game of intinct now, less improvisation, and ultimately less entertaining and excitement, since teams are so well setup to not lose, as opposed to setting up to try and win. 

Well Tickles honeymoon is over that was not worth waking up at 4am for, and tbh I nodded off a lot in that match. Poor CHO tickle has just dug him out on world tv. Let’s look at the investment these last 2 windows only Werner starts the rest of that 160 mill quid has no place in this system today or tomorrow? Cant drop Mason he was motm. Don’t think Kova and Kante works as well as Kova w Jorginho, but Kante was his usual self and has never been fully utilized since Conte buggered off. Werner Tammy combo pants today. All in all at least we didn’t lose it. 

22 minutes ago, Jezz said:

If we play like today, Atletico will have a field day with us.

Football doesn't work like that, two games are never the same.

Do I need to point out we won the CL in the same season Alex McLeish, Kenny Dalgish and Alan Pardew all won at Stamford Bridge?

1 minute ago, Slojo said:

When do I ever revel in our downfall and post sh*t like that to cause arguments? I have a laugh every now and then but time and place for it. 

Every time we drop points is this what we're going to get every time? Frank Lampard brought up, pictures of him smiling and cheering. Oh great... And I got slaughtered on here for even suggesting that some people want us to do badly in spite of Lampard. 

First hardly a downfall.

Second I'm not revelling.

I never called you out for it so dont jumping me.

When is the time and place for an argument? I never realised we had to ok it with you first. That's on me.

My original GIF was because (more that one) of people on here was blaming TT for that draw and one (maybe ironically) asking for him to be sacked.

Really sorry you personally didn't see the funny side of it...I will run all my future posts by you first

2 minutes ago, Itsintheblood89 said:

What a dogsh*t performance that was. I am sick and tired of watching mendy, zouma and rudiger playing at the back like its a f**king testimonial. We never even looked arsed about winning when really we should be smashing teams like this. 

f**king dreadful. We were lucky to get a point. sh*te 

The only reason why Zouma and Rudi are played is due to their physical height.  Both are dumb as f**k, can not place a simplest pass, have no awareness, no forward thinking, can not run, both are cumbersome and uncomfortable with the ball, and can operate only in three modes: ball-watching, giving up or total panic.