Jump to content

Chelsea v Liverpool (FA Cup Final) Sat 14th May 2021 16:45 GMT


coco
 Share

Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, Munkworth said:

I hate how they’ve managed to get away with moving the FA Cup final to the weekend before the penultimate game of the season because they had a legitimate reason to do it once… 

Didn't realise that and it is absolutely disgraceful.

The only thing that might work in our favour we will probably already have top 4 status yet they will likely be chasing the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

even if we produce 2nd match Real performance which is unlikely as we look totaly deflated at the moment, after today’s daylight robery from FA against Everton there’s no f**king way we can win this. Pawson and Tierney ejactulating already

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mojo said:

even if we produce 2nd match Real performance which is unlikely as we look totaly deflated at the moment, after today’s daylight robery from FA against Everton there’s no f**king way we can win this. Pawson and Tierney ejactulating already

Refs getting their practice in early.

Don't send Mane off for clear red card offenses. Check.

Deny a stonewall pen against Pool while game is in the balance. Check.

Liverpool win. Check.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Refs getting their practice in early.

Don't send Mane off for clear red card offenses. Check.

Deny a stonewall pen against Pool while game is in the balance. Check.

Liverpool win. Check.

So basically this is why we have no hope here. The refs are giving them everything, so even if we play well, are better than them, like the league cup final, the refs will help them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

So basically this is why we have no hope here. The refs are giving them everything, so even if we play well, are better than them, like the league cup final, the refs will help them.

it’s so f**king painfull when you give everything but you stand no chance when there are c**ts with no shame at all, willing to laugh in your face ‘cause bias and corruption including incompetence run deep well in british football in favour of their darlings. it’s not a sport it’s f**king politics. 

allowing Klopp constant moaning or chating with the 4th ref who always seem actualy to be scared of him is mind blowing.

yes Kloop made them a force I will never deny that, but I also think that they are far from beeing as good as we were in years winning the league. they just have their 12 man advantage and it’s becoming more and more biased as the competions draw to their end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


8 hours ago, mojo said:

it’s so f**king painfull when you give everything but you stand no chance when there are c**ts with no shame at all, willing to laugh in your face ‘cause bias and corruption including incompetence run deep well in british football in favour of their darlings. it’s not a sport it’s f**king politics. 

allowing Klopp constant moaning or chating with the 4th ref who always seem actualy to be scared of him is mind blowing.

yes Kloop made them a force I will never deny that, but I also think that they are far from beeing as good as we were in years winning the league. they just have their 12 man advantage and it’s becoming more and more biased as the competions draw to their end.

Why I wanted to face City. Sure they are a better team than us at the mo but far less chance the refs would be a factor.

Going in to this is a case of either we are not at our best and Pool beat us on their own, or we play at an amazing level and the refs make sure they beat us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

We are looking to break the record of getting in to the FA Cup Final 3 times in a row and losing 3 times in a row.

Hahaha.

On 28/04/2022 at 01:42, axman2526 said:

Between us, City and Real Madrid possibly, we owe it to our fans and fans everywhere to stop Liverpool winning this quadruple.  By any means necessary.

We ain't stopping Liverpool so...good luck Real and City.

Edited by Mana
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mana said:

We are looking to break the record of getting in to the FA Cup Final 3 times in a row and losing 3 times in a row.

Hahaha.

We ain't stopping Liverpool so...good luck Real and City.

History makers 😉

 

Indeed all on City and Real, called it from before thr semi finals. No chance we win this one. Team has given up. Again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

@Nibs and @RMH and anyone else rather said so. 

Still confident on revenge here?

The team usually turns up and we’ve been a match to Liverpool every time we’ve played them (only the refs have stopped us from beating them). So yes, I don’t think that we’ll be easy for them, though it’s a difficult task to beat them. In the PL I believe that City have the advantage, and I feel that in Europe only Real Madrid can beat them (City are serious bottlers in the CL). I don’t think it’s going to be a walk for them, that’s all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RMH said:

The team usually turns up and we’ve been a match to Liverpool every time we’ve played them (only the refs have stopped us from beating them). So yes, I don’t think that we’ll be easy for them, though it’s a difficult task to beat them. In the PL I believe that City have the advantage, and I feel that in Europe only Real Madrid can beat them (City are serious bottlers in the CL). I don’t think it’s going to be a walk for them, that’s all.

I thought you fancied Villareal for the CL 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites


FA Cup run in:

Chelsea -  Wolves (H) Sat 5th May / Leeds (A) Wed 11th May / Liverpool - Final - 14th May.

Liverpool - Villreal (A) Tuesday 3rd May / Tottenham (H) Sat 7th May / Aston Villa (A) 10th May / Chelsea -Final 14th May. 

We play 1 game less and our last game before Wembley is away to Leeds.

Liverpool play a game more and in the league have to keep on winning to maintain pressure on City. Their last game before Wembley is VIlla away.

Perhaps crucially Liverpool have one days rest before the final though it will be their 4th game in 11 days.

For Chelsea it will be their third game in 9 days. 

Liverpool injuries might come into these line ups as this fixture period is pretty congested.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

FA Cup run in:

Chelsea -  Wolves (H) Sat 5th May / Leeds (A) Wed 11th May / Liverpool - Final - 14th May.

Liverpool - Villreal (A) Tuesday 3rd May / Tottenham (H) Sat 7th May / Aston Villa (A) 10th May / Chelsea -Final 14th May. 

We play 1 game less and our last game before Wembley is away to Leeds.

Liverpool play a game more and in the league have to keep on winning to maintain pressure on City. Their last game before Wembley is VIlla away.

Perhaps crucially Liverpool have one days rest before the final though it will be their 4th game in 11 days.

For Chelsea it will be their third game in 9 days. 

Liverpool injuries might come into these line ups as this fixture period is pretty congested.

 

Liverpool have been fortunate with injuries this season, but the have also been able to use their squad well when needed. I suspect they will have to consider rotating a few players, but I think that is more likely in league games like Southampton. They will trust the bench players to win games like that, and bring in the main players if needed to grab a winner. I suspect we will face their strongest lineup at Wembley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Liverpool have been fortunate with injuries this season, but the have also been able to use their squad well when needed. I suspect they will have to consider rotating a few players, but I think that is more likely in league games like Southampton. They will trust the bench players to win games like that, and bring in the main players if needed to grab a winner. I suspect we will face their strongest lineup at Wembley.

Yes they have rotated well todate guess Villareal and Conte's Spurs might throw a surprise in their bid to upstage Arsenal. I also think we will face their strongest line-up too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

Yes they have rotated well todate guess Villareal and Conte's Spurs might throw a surprise in their bid to upstage Arsenal. I also think we will face their strongest line-up too. 

I cannot see any surprises with Villareal. They did well to make the semis but I don't think they have enough quality to worry Livepool. Spurs have been on a decent run recently and might cause Liverpool some problems. A draw in that game would be ideal for us as it wouldn't allow Spurs to gain much ground, but equally would force Liverpool to go all out against Villa.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Villa away is a perfect day for them to rest key players as no chance Gerrard sets out a team to do anything other than lose by a goal or two. He won't want to be the one to put a dent in their bid.

They will be well rested for the final.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, axman2526 said:

@Nibs and @RMH and anyone else rather said so. 

Still confident on revenge here?

No Problem. Lulled the dippers into false sense of security. They will still be mainly concentrating on PL and CL.

We will win the FA Cup!

 

 

 

IF our players decide to turn up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...
Please Sign In or Sign Up

Well, this is awkward!

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

Sure, I've got it!