Ruben Amorim - Next Chelsea manager?

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Bob stark said:

It take a while to improve finishing. There is a name right above Jackson that is a living example 😂😂😂

Something that's funny is how similar Jackson and Nunez are, but Liverpool fans are much more pro Nunez than Chelsea are with Jackson. 

And that's despite Nunez costing double what we paid for Jackson. 

43 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Something that's funny is how similar Jackson and Nunez are, but Liverpool fans are much more pro Nunez than Chelsea are with Jackson. 

I actually think Jackson is a better all round player. His interaction, pace, touch and movement seems generally better.  Hence, through his own skill set he actually will often get into far better situations, and then his final touch, his decision making, killer instinct, is found so wanting that our frustration is heightened.

Added to this of course are just as many incidents of poor control, lack of vision, bad touches. All of this is young inexperience but is often added to our frustrations. It's probably unjustified because as hit and miss as he may have been, his numbers have been good overall.

With a senior striker and with more selective game time and positional strategy he could be really effective next season. Let's just say on this season's showing I would prefer Jackson being on the pitch working the left hand side rather than Mudryk.  Mudryk, I have real concerns about. I still think he could be fantastic but probably needs a good seasons loan away at a more accommodating league, perhaps the Bundesliga 

4 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I think the fact that Liverpool has other goal scorer help furthermore I think too many fans watch too many influencer this days 😂😂😂

Edited by Bob stark

33 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

One of those rumors that are too wild to not have an element of truth to it. 

I think you’re right what with the sudden U-turn by Poch the other day speaking out against the board! It’s like he no longer cares what he says now!

11 hours ago, timetowaste said:

Tbf if there was any truth to it surely West Ham would have already said they had nothing to do with it when it was reported last week.

I thought it was clear he had a talk with West ham

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter who is the next manager. If you want him to be successful, fix the squad first. 

If you want Amorim and you want to see similar football that he produce with sporting, you need to give him the tool otherwise it will be hilarious. 

He can coach midfield rotation, press bait but if your player can't stretch the opp and win aerial duel, his tactic will be useless. 

Edited by Bob stark

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

It doesn't matter who is the next manager. If you want him to be successful, fix the squad first. 

If you want Amorim and you want to see similar football that he produce with sporting, you need to give him the tool otherwise it will be hilarious. 

He can coach midfield rotation, press bait but if your player can't stretch the opp and win aerial duel, his tactic will be useless. 

Which key signings would you make for Amorim to succeed Bob?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Which key signings would you make for Amorim to succeed Bob?

I don't think what we need really change in term of profile.

LB is a priority. Colwill has looked very uncomfortable playing as lb especially in term of defending far post. 

If we want ability to go long, an attacker who can fight in the air is a must. 

Then you need to decide on the "winger" situation.

Can James an Chilwell stay healthy? Do we want to keep Sterling? if not we need wb/winger. 

We also have a gazillion wonderkid winger on the book, so you need to look at them. 

The midfield situation is not perfect but if our backline are big it doesn't matter. 

Lasty we actually have already have key ingredients in term of what Amorim want, CB who can really pass. Badi and Colwil are brilliant passer. 

Edited by Bob stark

According to the BBC, Lopetegui has agreed a deal to become next West Ham manager, so I guess that leaves few choices for Amorim other than the rumour of us and staying at Sporting.

1 minute ago, RMH said:

According to the BBC, Lopetegui has agreed a deal to become next West Ham manager, so I guess that leaves few choices for Amorim other than the rumour of us and staying at Sporting.

Amorim, Flick, Conte, and Mourinho are reported to not join us according to Ornstein. Just leaves DeZerbi......

West Ham are getting a very good manager and another club we have to worry about next season. 

2 minutes ago, Sconnie Blue said:

Amorim, Flick, Conte, and Mourinho are reported to not join us according to Ornstein. Just leaves DeZerbi......

West Ham are getting a very good manager and another club we have to worry about next season. 

I rather give Pochettino another season if the alternative is De Zerbi, and I think that Pochettino has underachieved. Isn’t there a more exciting, up and coming coach as Michel in Girona or Hoeness for Stuttgart?

I don’t rate Lopetegui that much either but maybe will work well for West Ham. I consider him a good person, though.

De Zerbi has been found out to a large extent. As a manager and as a person. He had a system that worked with the players he had. Lose key players and suffer some injuries - who hasn't? - and the tactics cupboard is bare. Add a spoonful of megalomania to the recipe and no thanks.