• Lampard
    • SWP
    • Drogba
    • Anelka
    • Ballack
    • Joe Cole
    • Kalou
    • Grant

OK - it would appear the MOTM thread may give a false impression that someone played well today so here is your chance to put that right.

You have three votes to pick the three worst players on show today

Grant is there too and I fully expect him to top the poll! (even I am voting for him)

Ive just asked this in the other thread!

Grant will piss it and rightly so, but SWP was outrageous.

However the first 20 mins of Belletti were staggering, and i mean staggering.

It was comical.

I picked Grant, Essien and Lampard.

Belletti in the opening 20 minutes was, as you said, truly atrocious - made to look like a pub footballer totally out of his depth. However I thought he improved after that whereas I thought Lampard and Essien contributed next to nothing the whole time they were on the park. SWP another clear candidate and I would have ahd him as well if I hadn't included Grant as an option.

i thought essien was ok 2nd half, but crap 1st

i also think its hard to criticise anelka, i felt sorry for him if anything

kalou made us look better i thought, though at that point dave mitchell wouldve made us look better

i thought essien was ok 2nd half, but crap 1st

i also think its hard to criticise anelka, i felt sorry for him if anything

kalou made us look better i thought, though at that point dave mitchell wouldve made us look better

He given away too many balls and always trying to do a SWP. if zokora didnt hit the ball striaght to cech, its kalou who lost the ball and terry not alert enough to play a offside trap.

He is the same type of player like SWP.

BTW, grant is not a player...

I voted for Lampard.

It may be harsh and there were others like SWP who did worse, but Lampard is supposed to be the player that you expect to lead the team and he wasn't that player for us for quite some time. This match was just another example.

We were totally outplayed by Spuds and if Lamps and Terry still consider themselves club leaders they have to take a long look in the mirror after that gutless performance. I may be wrong but i feel if Ballack started the match instead of Lampard we wouldn't have lost.

Now Grant.Long ball tactics again. It's like playing Mourinho type of football but without his organizational skills and winning spirit. Under Jose we could at least win the trophy if not necessarily enjoy the football.Today was neither. I wouldn't make plans for the summer transfers yet if i were Avram because a few more performances like that in big matches and he's gone. I do hope he proves me wrong and delivers.

Voted for Cech, Grant and (just to make up the numbers) Drogba.

Reasons:

Cech - Was all over the place for most of the game. Flapped at more crosses and set pieces than i could count. Made a few decent saves (including the 1-on-1) but in my book it doesn't make up for the error which cost us the game in the end.

Grant - Looked out of his depth and left everything up to Clarke and Ten Cate. I think he will be facing a renewed struggle to win over the fans now, even though he had started to improve his popularity by a good run in the league...losing to Spurs in a cup final will Not help him At all.

Drogba - Scored a goal, but other than that i thought he was quite ineffective and didn't look too interested. He should have been taken off for Joey Cole and Anelka should have gone up top.

Oh and P.S

Hello! icon_eek.gif

Truely gutted to lose like that and although Grant got the tactics wrong the players should be getting more blame,

with the exact same tactics if those players were up for it and played to a decent standard we would be CC winners today.

Dont know if Cech never sniffed enough of the Smelling sorts after he saved the ball with his face but I think he could have done better with the second goal,

over reaction is easy and finding someone to vent frustration and anger on is also easy, bad tactics or not I dont think it's fair to blame the manager when a group of players almost to a man underperforms to that extent.

Lampard worst player for me because he is so much better than that, Belletti woeful first half, Drogba back to his whinging worst everybody was bad.

I went for...

Essien - had a stinker. He's probably knackered from all his exertions in Ghana but still had a mare.

Anelka - couldn't do anything right, looked overawed, out of position and just plain hopeless.

Drogba - I should really have had only one vote, and it would have been for this self-centred prick. I've defended Drogba on these pages since day one - the guy is an awesome footballer when he's mind is right, but he's just become too big for his boots. Endlessly falling over, whining to the ref...I'm sick to the back teeth of this c**t. I watched him play for the Ivory Coast and he's exactly the same - he has to be the centre of attention, the big man with the big cock, strutting around like he owns the pitch. Well I've got news for you Dids - you were a disgrace today, whinging and complaining like an old woman. f**k off to Milan or whoever else will have you and take Grunt with you - as if a club with the class of Milan would ever take a nobody like Grunt!

Drogba - I should really have had only one vote, and it would have been for this self-centred prick. I've defended Drogba on these pages since day one - the guy is an awesome footballer when he's mind is right, but he's just become too big for his boots. Endlessly falling over, whining to the ref...I'm sick to the back teeth of this c**t. I watched him play for the Ivory Coast and he's exactly the same - he has to be the centre of attention, the big man with the big cock, strutting around like he owns the pitch. Well I've got news for you Dids - you were a disgrace today, whinging and complaining like an old woman. F*** off to Milan or whoever else will have you and take Grunt with you - as if a club with the class of Milan would ever take a nobody like Grunt!

Don't think you should beat about the bush like this Jack. What do you REALLY think of Drogs? icon_wink.gif

don't understand people naming drogs, yes he was back to some of his bad habits, but he was the only attacking player who carried any threat.

I went for grant, anelka and belletti...yes anelka was out of posiution, but he showed no desire or willing to make it work...belletti set the tone for the woeful performance with a series of shocking errors in the first 20 minutes...but in truth there are a number of players worthy of abuse for their display today

there should be more options....

i've selected

1) beletti

2) grant

3) anelka

anelka played out of position i guess.

lampard essien and mikel should be in there as the midfield was a terrible joke, drogba apart from a nice turn didn't touch the ball, swp was his usual self:>....

No doubt SWP./.. he should be given the boot long ago. Joe cole should play instead.

If i got the chance to vote for more..

Kalou. should sell him long ago.. trust me.. with him... i dont think we can proceed.

Essien

Terry

Bridge

Anelka

smack_head.gif WHAT? Kalou was okay when he came on. He tried to do something. That is much more we can say about our other 10 players. He almost scored and created some in the ET. You are barking at the wrong tree here stanley.