• Mikel
    • Essien
    • Ballack
    • Kalou
    • Malouda
    • Anelka
    • Joe Cole
    • Sheva

I would have voted Joe Cole for making some sort of difference when he came on. But after that. After throwing away our last remaining shot at the title like THAT .. and let's be honest about this, we've done the same thing again and again this season. Too often we've been lucky and got away with it. And tonight, not one of them gets my vote.

Mikel was our best player comfortably.

Unfortunately Ballack didn't turn up and Essien was poor until the last half hour.

Joe had an immediate impact when he came on and was really determined but by the end he was dragged down like the rest of them. I'll be interested to see if he gets the same slagging for shooting selfishly that Drogba got the other day - I don't suppose so.

Anelka will have more chance of scoring if he gets somewhere near the goal.

essien...was everywhere for the whole game...if joe had been on for 90 he would have got it, but that's a certain a grant's fault...i don't think we played as badly as some have made out...boro was a lot worse than this...we had the chances but didn't take them...

I was there and I thought essien had a game in keeping with the majority of his season (and perhaps even the majority of his time with us as a central midfielder)... i.e. nondescript and pointless.

when people look at it most of the players had a good game last night...cech, bridge, jt, Alex, Essien, Mikel, Ballack, J cole (when he came on) and apart from failing to take chances - a big problem I know - Anelka did contribute to passing moves and attacks. we should have won that game...they didn't kill it off

Archived