We NOW HAVE the WORST home support in the league

Star

Disgraceful, our home support once the best around is now full of prawnies and foreigners.

West Ham were out singing us like EVERY team has this season.

Batesy started it and Kenyon finished the job. We are now worse than the library.

Poxy scarves on your seats for the Champions League games, shuv em up ur rse - that's Anfield n Celtic !!!!!!!!!

Oh was I thinking - North stand do your job and charging horses on Sunday.(sorry !!!!!)

Some of the old school will either be turning in their grave or wishing they'd win the lottery and buy up all the seats for all their old mates to bring a bit of old fashioned singing back to the bridge.

The MHL are boring, more atmosphere in the so bar !!!!!!

Disgraceful, our home support once the best around is now full of prawnies and foreigners.

West Ham were out singing us like EVERY team has this season.

Batesy started it and Kenyon finished the job. We are now worse than the library.

Poxy scarves on your seats for the Champions League games, shuv em up ur rse - that's Anfield n Celtic !!!!!!!!!

Oh was I thinking - North stand do your job and charging horses on Sunday.(sorry !!!!!)

Some of the old school will either be turning in their grave or wishing they'd win the lottery and buy up all the seats for all their old mates to bring a bit of old fashioned singing back to the bridge.

The MHL are boring, more atmosphere in the so bar !!!!!!

Yeah but you should hear before the game when Neil Barnett get's each stand to make a noise, that's real atmosphere that is!

unfortunately this is the way of it in the top echelons of english football now. the away support is almost always more vocal than the home suppport for the majority of games in the prem, with a couple of noteable exceptions. until standing is brought back i dont expect it to change either.

Yeah but you should hear before the game when Neil Barnett get's each stand to make a noise, that's real atmosphere that is!

I wish he would f**k off - he thinks hes at the pantomine

I always get to my seat after hes gone and make sure Im out of earshot at half time

Neil Barnett, the PA system and the sh*te on the screens piss me off big time

Yeah, Neil Barnett doing his thing makes me want to kill myself. You can see all the away fans p*ssing themselves everytime he gets on the mic and tries to rouse the crowd. So embarrassing that he does it, and even more embarrassing that we even need a f*cking ringleader to get the noise going.

I agree it is rubbish.. but please do not give me it was better in the old days.. I am sick of that argument.. I was there for a later part of the 70's and most of the 80's and it was just as bad then ! in fact we often got crowds of under 4K and it was bloody awful... we only got up for some big games just like now. ... this is fact, I still have the videos to prove it as well... and the old fella's at the time were moaning just like we are doing now ;)

Worst home support?

If I remember rightly, our commentator on MOTD last night said "there's a great atmosphere in Stamford Bridge this evening"...

Probably eminating from the away dressing room cos' Chelsea have been mugged off at home again!!!

ps. Mike Riley is a useless pile of sh**te!!!! he fookin' hates Chelsea!!!!!

I agree it is rubbish.. but please do not give me it was better in the old days.. I am sick of that argument.. I was there for a later part of the 70's and most of the 80's and it was just as bad then ! in fact we often got crowds of under 4K and it was bloody awful... we only got up for some big games just like now. ... this is fact, I still have the videos to prove it as well... and the old fella's at the time were moaning just like we are doing now ;)

you are right Andy. The atmosphere was often crap at the Bridge even back then but for different reasons. We had a much lower average crowd and an open stadium. So when the shed sung on an average day it was lucky to make the pitch and same went for the away end.

Now we have near enough capacity for most games and a stadium that is much closer to the pitch. Trouble is we have diluted the vocal support we had with prawn sandwich eaters and driven off many in the process. I guarantee if we were able to transplant an average 20,000 crowd from the late 70's/early 80's to our current stadium they would raise the roof even in a half empty stadium. Mind you they would probably rip up a fair few of the seats and invade the pitch a few times too ;)

Our support yesterday was good, best I've heard it at Stamford Bridge since the CL semi against Liverpool last year - but, yeah, it was still poor in comparison.

Tuesday night was embarassing, like you say the scarve waving is a Celtic and Liverpool thing - it's bad enough they give us the cheap, tacky and plastic flags as a way of patronising our support but at least flag waving is actually a tradition at Chelsea.

It seems to me that a general pattern is settling in home game after home game. First 10 mins = wonderful atmo, MH and Shed singing and standing and showing how good our support can be, 10 + mins Chelsea haven't scored and stewards are telling us to sit down = sit down shut up, let the away fans do the job (I believe I heard a chorus of boos at yesterday's match, whoever boos your own team should be shot).

There is no doubt that the position of the away fans effect our atmosphere, they need to be stuck up in one of the west or east stands - like St James's Park do. But this is still no reason for us to stand up and sing up.

A decrease in ticket prices to bring back the working class would be a nice addition. If Kenyon moved the away fans and reduced ticket prices I would be prepared to kiss that shiney head of his.

Why don't we put some microphones into the MH end to beef up the noise more? Or would the sound of chewed prawns drown out the cheers?

Probably better off getting a feed from one of the local pubs or the So Bar. Or can we just give the current away section to our own regular away support? We can then let the real away fans sit in one of the crap sections. Or better still they can go in the exclusive box suites ;)

Our support yesterday was good, best I've heard it at Stamford Bridge since the CL semi against Liverpool last year - but, yeah, it was still poor in comparison.

Tuesday night was embarassing, like you say the scarve waving is a Celtic and Liverpool thing - it's bad enough they give us the cheap, tacky and plastic flags as a way of patronising our support but at least flag waving is actually a tradition at Chelsea.

It seems to me that a general pattern is settling in home game after home game. First 10 mins = wonderful atmo, MH and Shed singing and standing and showing how good our support can be, 10 + mins Chelsea haven't scored and stewards are telling us to sit down = sit down shut up, let the away fans do the job (I believe I heard a chorus of boos at yesterday's match, whoever boos your own team should be shot).

There is no doubt that the position of the away fans effect our atmosphere, they need to be stuck up in one of the west or east stands - like St James's Park do. But this is still no reason for us to stand up and sing up.

A decrease in ticket prices to bring back the working class would be a nice addition. If Kenyon moved the away fans and reduced ticket prices I would be prepared to kiss that shiney head of his.

I doubt this would ever happend but how about this for an idea. Most of us agree that our away support is still very good and vocal. So why not do something to make sure they all sit together at home too.

Here is the plan. Set aside an area of about 3-4000 seats in one section and offer them as season tickets only to fans who can prove that they attended at least 70% of our away games the previous season. Most of those fans would be season ticket holders too probably. I would make the section in question somewhere near to where the benches used to be so that our most loyal fans get a decent position and also are well place to be heard the most. Finally I would also then make sure that the seats are reduced in price to reward those fans for being the most loyal. If everybody then wanted to attend all our away games as a result that could only be a good thing. Somehow I don't see the fair weather supporters fancying that idea too much though.

The thirteen "definately not PC but would definately work" steps to a much improved atmosphere at the Bridge.

1. Make a reasonable section of the ground a standing terrace.......................... As they do in Germany.

2. Make that section considerably cheaper, (no more than £20), for ordinary fans to access.

3. Make that standing terrace a male only section.

4. Make only a small percentage of tickets for the rest of the ground available to females. No more than 2%.

5. Shoot Neil Barnett and put an axe through the pre-match sound system.

6. Stick the away fans back next to the MHL with only a thin line of netting and half a dozen overweight stewards between the two.

7. Ban anyone who earns more than £30K a year from attending football matches.

8. Ban anyone named Sebastien, Rupert or Tarquin and all foreign tourists from attending football matches.

9. Any past Chelsea fans issued with football banning orders or with football related convictions to be given free-season tickets.

10. Stick the family section at the top of the East Stand Upper tier and take the roof off that section.

11. Allow alcohol to be consumed on the terrace/in the seats during the game............ as they do in Germany, and Spain, and Italy

12. Use CCTV surveillence cameras and undercover spotters to identify any persistent non-singers/non-swearers and eject them from the ground.

13. Dig up Neil Barnett and shoot him again.

Radical? Maybe. But something needs to be done.

Part of the problem is of course everybody is up for beating us, to get a pt or even 3 at the bridge is like winning the cup. players and fans alike.As for the club dishing out flags and scarves at least they are trying to do somthing about the atmosphere, then its over to us.Even the big blue flag fails to get things going, iv had people moaning near me they cant see the players warming up!!.So everybodys trying but its still not enough.Perhaps quite simply we do have enough passionate fans, that live eat, and breath for the club. ITS IN THE BLOOD, BUT ONLY FOR A FEW.

We used to take at least 4k away Andy !

As for when we used to get 15k or less at home ( Think 8k was our lowest but I may be wrong ) the Shed was miles back but the Middle, West, even Tea bar of the Shed made more noise than that of today ! Push those stands as close to the pitch as of today and that would be atmosphere.

The benches made more noise than th MHL has ever done - but I guess what i'm trying to say is man for man we were NEVER outsung.

West Spam took the piddle out of us on Sunday, enough is enough, it's getting a joke for those of us trying to get a bit of emotion going.

It's getting pointless going these days I spend more time shouting at other fans to get up and sing when i'm positioned bang next to the tossssers - next to the away section " I sometimes feel like joining in with them when they boom out - where were you when you were sh*te"

It isn't just about tourists and rich fans with no soul (or whatever badge you want to put on them) - it is also because we have far too rapidly turned into spoilt kids. A couple of league titles and some domestic trophies and too many people seem to expect to be treated to a win week in week out and when that isn't delivered on a plate they go silent and start moaning and whinging about everything that is wrong.

Nobody is innocent of it, not even you Star - we never see you posting when we win or do well but as soon as we don't you appear with a bitch and a rant.

We can bitch about Liverpool and Man Utd ans as much as we like but when it comes down to this fact there is no getting away from the fact that their trophy room is a hell of a lot more impressive than ours but their fans still manage to make more noise than ours on a regular basis.

You lot need to get a bit of non-league into your lives.

The other week at Kingsmeadow in the cup the Hayes and Yeading manager, whist being sent off the pitch by the ref, ran into the K's end for a good old fashioned rumble with some fans.

You never see bloody Fergie do that now, do you?

It isn't just about tourists and rich fans with no soul (or whatever badge you want to put on them) - it is also because we have far too rapidly turned into spoilt kids. A couple of league titles and some domestic trophies and too many people seem to expect to be treated to a win week in week out and when that isn't delivered on a plate they go silent and start moaning and whinging about everything that is wrong.

Nobody is innocent of it, not even you Star - we never see you posting when we win or do well but as soon as we don't you appear with a bitch and a rant.

We can bitch about Liverpool and Man Utd ans as much as we like but when it comes down to this fact there is no getting away from the fact that their trophy room is a hell of a lot more impressive than ours but their fans still manage to make more noise than ours on a regular basis.

:rant: absolutely bang on. weve turned into the kind of brat child everyone hates. if everything isnt perfect and life isnt wonderful then theres much stamping of feet and holding breath till we turn blue. yes things arent going brilliantly lately at home, but on the flip side the away form is immaculate. as loz says, we see a loz of posts when we fail at home, but very little when we win away.

I hate foreigners too, so on yer bike, all of you :rant:

You tell 'em Val

All I know is every time I've left Stanford Bridge I've had no voice left at all. So f**k that foreigner sh*t, it's just an excuse. Stop moaning about a couple thousand foreigners and worry about the 30K+ locals sitting there yelling for you to sit down and be quiet.

Archived