Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 17/12/2017 at 14:42, Richard P said:

The old Xmas cards with the players signatures printed inside. They were the days!

Pretty sure I got sent a Chelsea watch a couple of times for being in the official supporters club or for season ticket renewals.

A plastic one in the mid 70s with the original crest in the middle and one in the early 90s with the new ‘ken bates’ lion in the early 80s, a more sofisicated version with a metal strap.

28 minutes ago, Boyne said:

Related image

I read Jack Charlton's biography a while back. He said that in the run up to the 1970 World Cup Alf Ramsey stated to the players that his selections would be based on form.

In Charltons words " Alf was a bit of a hypocrite, because  Peter Osgood was top of the tree" at that time, and should have been picked.

Im trying to think who started up front for England in that tournament?

28 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

I read Jack Charlton's biography a while back. He said that in the run up to the 1970 World Cup Alf Ramsey stated to the players that his selections would be based on form.

In Charltons words " Alf was a bit of a hypocrite, because  Peter Osgood was top of the tree" at that time, and should have been picked.

I suspect Geoff Hurst but Jeff Astle may have played a part.

Was the photo of Ossie taken against Coventry in 1970/71?

30 minutes ago, Andy North said:

I suspect Geoff Hurst but Jeff Astle may have played a part.

Was the photo of Ossie taken against Coventry in 1970/71?

I opened the picture so I could enlarge it to see if I could pick any of the opposition players out and it's captioned "nov-1968-mancity-osgood-goal". I'm also pretty sure that the two City players closest to the camera are Glyn Pardoe on the left and Tommy Booth.

You're right about Jeff Astle, missed a sitter against arguably the best team ever in a match we only lost 1-0

Edited by MKBlue

6 minutes ago, MKBlue said:

I opened the picture so I could enlarge it to see if I could pick any of the opposition players out and it's captioned "nov-1968-mancity-osgood-goal". I'm also pretty sure that the two City players closest to the camera are Glyn Pardoe on the left and Tommy Booth.

You're right about Jeff Astle, missed a sitter against arguably the best team ever in a match we only lost 1-0

I applaud your superior IT skills. Ossies hairstyle would corroborate 1968.

9 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Geoff Hurst and Francis Lee both started 3 out of the 4 matches

Jeff Astle made 2 starts.

Allan Clarke made 1 start.

Yet Ossie only got 2 substitute appearances.

11 hours ago, MKBlue said:

Yes...the photo is Chelsea V Man Citeh ....As usual I was in the Shed ......before kick off ...I recall a citeh fans coach arriving outside the Rising Sun (now renamed the butchers hook) ....when a load of long haired scruffily dressed ( dirty flared jeans and denim jackets)  citeh fans were instantly welcomed to Stamford bridge....by being attacked as they stepped off their coach.........those were the days....