Vintage Blues pictures and film

Chelsea Megastore

21 hours ago, Boyne said:

Image may contain: 1 person

Where were we when we were sh*t?.. funny how oppo fans just see the low crowds of the early 80's and think that was the Chelsea normal attendances, we have always been one of the best supported clubs in the country, and even when we had the low crowds of the early 80's just like other clubs  did, our away support would dwarf the rest. Here there every f**king where!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

I didn't know there was a floodlight behind the old East Stand- thought there was just one on each corner.

They were the tallest floodlights in the football  league I believe?

Think there was 6 in the 60s early 70s changed to 3 when East Stand got redeveloped the middle one on the West side being a double sided pylon. There was lights under the roof of the new East Stand to replace the missing pylon. I believe the lights at the Bridge were the first to be bright enough for colour TV

3DC3AF4F00000578-4266738-A_panorama_of_Stamford_Bridge_taken_in_the_mid_1980s_when_the_gr-a-17_1488359529427.jpg

Stamford-Bridge-1970s.jpg

You used to be able to see the old floodlights from the railway bridge that crosses the Thames on the way to Victoria.

Id say lights are a lot brighter now than yesteryear. When Palace are playing you can see Selhurst Park floodlights from the top of Wimbledon Hill which is a good 5 miles

10 hours ago, Carshalton Blue said:

Interesting Fulham Chronicle piece from Dec 1973 about policing at Stamford Bridge, referring to West Ham fans being led from The Shed the previous season.

25151962_10155978983709173_5235945436963

I think this was the year when the person just to the right of me in the then packed shed had the hair down the back of their head melted by a flame from a lighter played on the back of their head. The hand with the lighter recoiled back into the into the crowd in a flash, I am glad it was not my head that was chosen as the target!

10 hours ago, chi blue said:

What game was this Barnsley in 84? Wasn't Leeds as it was sunny that day, or was it earlier in 70's v Hull

The clothes/ hair on the spectators look more 84 than 77. I think the East Stand seats were a dark green rather than blue in 70s, plus the club badge by the directors box was definitely a mid 80's thing.

58 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

The clothes/ hair on the spectators look more 84 than 77. I think the East Stand seats were a dark green rather than blue in 70s, plus the club badge by the directors box was definitely a mid 80's thing.

Yes as I thought, clothes look 80's, I'm in there somewhere if it's Barnsley

6 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

I agree. Barnsley was definitely overcast I was on the pitch I'm pretty sure it was a Bank holiday Monday.