Vintage Blues pictures and film

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

10 minutes ago, bluehaze said:

He was Fulham in Minder as well. There's an episode where he complains about Richard Money being sold to Liverpool there's also a Fulham pendant in his gaff. Fulham seemed to be the team everyone on TV supported in London in the 70's Budgie, Citizen Smith.

I stand corrected. I think the reason so many TV characters were Fulham was because no one hates Fulham. Had they been say West Ham or Spurs it might put the audience off.

1 hour ago, Ewell CFC said:

I stand corrected. I think the reason so many TV characters were Fulham was because no one hates Fulham. Had they been say West Ham or Spurs it might put the audience off.

Well you had Alf Garnett who was West Ham. I was to young for the original but what I saw of it and the remake in the 80's I couldn't stand it just watching the cast shouting and moaning and the whole point of the show was lost on people who thought he was a hero when he was a cock. My mate who is Spurs reckons Warren Mitchell was in tears when he was introduced to the fans at half time and got booed.

There's an episode of the Likely Lads where James Bolam starts slagging of Chelsea saying I hate them there so bloody flash and show business ha ha. 

4 hours ago, sparkplug said:

Thought he was Chelsea in the Sweeney as there are a few references about going to the Bridge

He was, in Sweeney 2 him and Regan pull a couple of air stewardesses and Carter says '' And she's a Chelsea fan as well what a result'' or something along those lines. There's an episode where Regan says '' Football doesn't end at Stamford Bridge George''. Best ever advert got Regan down to a tee.

11 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Yes I was thinking the same, I'm always watching only fools on gold, and there's loads of references to Chelsea, one episode del trys to impress a bird about culture and Rodney pipes up saying he's cultural secretary of the Chelsea shed, another episode del says to Rodney his only chat up line is to ask a bird if she knows the Chelsea score, another episode in Sids cafe someone gets three points on their licence and del says got more points than Chelsea, another one is when Rodney pulls the posh totty and goes to her manor house for a shooting weekend, over dinner with all the hooray Henry's, she says Rodney is taking her to Stamford bridge to watch a game, a toff pipes up where in the East Stand Rodney goes no the shed, they mention Kerry Dixon, this last bit has been edited out nowadays, I suppose to make it more relevant as it was I think Xmas 85. I do think I need to out more!!!!!

12 hours ago, bluehaze said:

He was, in Sweeney 2 him and Regan pull a couple of air stewardesses and Carter says '' And she's a Chelsea fan as well what a result'' or something along those lines. There's an episode where Regan says '' Football doesn't end at Stamford Bridge George''. Best ever advert got Regan down to a tee.

Phil Cornwall is different class as Regan. Well done digging this advert out.

On 06/09/2018 at 11:18, bluehaze said:

Well you had Alf Garnett who was West Ham. I was to young for the original but what I saw of it and the remake in the 80's I couldn't stand it just watching the cast shouting and moaning and the whole point of the show was lost on people who thought he was a hero when he was a cock. My mate who is Spurs reckons Warren Mitchell was in tears when he was introduced to the fans at half time and got booed.

There's an episode of the Likely Lads where James Bolam starts slagging of Chelsea saying I hate them there so bloody flash and show business ha ha. 

Rodney Bewes ( Bob Ferris from the Likely Lads), used to be part of the show business crowd that went to the Bridge in the 70s funnily enough.

Over the years I’ve seen at Chelsea Phil Daniels, Johnny Vaughn, Seb Coe and last but not least, the geyser from Footballers Wives/ Eldorado, Jesse Birdsall.

Edited by Ewell CFC

In Porridge from memory.

Fletch was a Spuds fan, Mr MacKay was a Rangers fan, Lennie Godber was a Villa fan.

McLaren was a Greenock Morton fan ( I remember this, as I'm originally from the Greenock area).

Harry Grout probably supported who ever he wanted and without any hassle from anyone. Prisoners or Prison Officers !!

2 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

Lots Road Power Station. The slummy end of the Kings Rd back then.

We used to park the car in or around Lots Rd and walk through all the asbestos pre fab homes (where Hudson was brought up) to the ground. It was easier to get to either Albert or Battersea bridge on the way home.

32 minutes ago, erskblue said:

In Porridge from memory.

Fletch was a Spuds fan, Mr MacKay was a Rangers fan, Lennie Godber was a Villa fan.

McLaren was a Greenock Morton fan ( I remember this, as I'm originally from the Greenock area).

Harry Grout probably supported who ever he wanted and without any hassle from anyone. Prisoners or Prison Officers !!

Grouty’s henchman “ Crusher” was Millwall no doubt. There was also an episode when Godber has a ruck with Jarvis, who apparently used to supervise violence on the Stratford End.

5 minutes ago, Osgood is Good said:

We used to park the car in or around Lots Rd and walk through all the asbestos pre fab homes (where Hudson was brought up) to the ground. It was easier to get to either Albert or Battersea bridge on the way home.

I always thought people who drank on the boozers at the bottom end of the Kings Rd ( The Adelaide, Rose, Palmerston, etc), tended to be South London who drove over Wandsworth/ Battersea Bridges, whilst those who got in the pubs round Fulham Broadway and North End Rd were from West London and everywhere else.

I still get a tingle when I walk around Imperial Square, Bagleys Lane, Lots Rd and all around there.

Funnily enough I’m about to move to Wandsworth Putney borders ( trial separation from the long haired general).

Bevause of changing demographics, I reckon where I’m moving from ( North Surrey), is now more of a Chelsea stronghold than Wandsworth way.

6 hours ago, erskblue said:

In Porridge from memory.

Funny thing in the Porridge film (which wasn't very good) Fletcher says he's an Orient fan which seems bizarre as he was Spurs in the tv series. I had an uncle from Finchley who was just like Fletch really quick witted and a top bloke I remember we played 20 questions one Christmas I was about 14 and a bit pissed on Blue Nun and Long Life :smile:  question was name a fish beginning with A my uncle quick as a flash said Addock ha ha.

9 hours ago, Ewell CFC said:

I always thought people who drank on the boozers at the bottom end of the Kings Rd ( The Adelaide, Rose, Palmerston, etc), tended to be South London who drove over Wandsworth/ Battersea Bridges, whilst those who got in the pubs round Fulham Broadway and North End Rd were from West London and everywhere else.

I still get a tingle when I walk around Imperial Square, Bagleys Lane, Lots Rd and all around there.

Funnily enough I’m about to move to Wandsworth Putney borders ( trial separation from the long haired general).

Bevause of changing demographics, I reckon where I’m moving from ( North Surrey), is now more of a Chelsea stronghold than Wandsworth way.

Interesting thought that, regarding the depth of Chelsea support in certain areas, North end of Surrey has always been a Chelsea stronghold, but I remember when you could say the same about the entire London borough of Wandsworth. There probably are  more blues in Surrey now, due maybe to the large number of people moving out from.....Wandsworth. Here's one that I thought about a while back, is there any other London club who have such a large (huge) percentage of their support living on the other side of the river? Can only think that proportionately Fulham may be in with a shout, but that must be it.

Edited by MKBlue