Alexandre Lacazette to Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Original article was in the sun...also said solanke was going to be third striker next season...don't believe that for a second...if we get rid of Remy and Drogba, then we will have to sign two strikers, not one...can't see that happening...solanke will get the odd appearance here and there, but can't see him trusted to that extent...imagine going through last few weeks while Costa and Remy was out with just solanke up front...kids got talent but that would be a major gamble to give him this much responsibly at a young age...

Also we will do well to find another forward like Remy who plays every so often without complaint...I hope he stays

If we got this guy then I'd absolutely believe Solanke was being considered for 3rd spot. He's a man amongst boys most weeks in the youth team and I reckon he won't be considered for loan so he would need first team minutes.

Bamford would go back out on loan.

Looking at the squad and we don't need many players so can spend big.

If we got this guy then I'd absolutely believe Solanke was being considered for 3rd spot. He's a man amongst boys most weeks in the youth team and I reckon he won't be considered for loan so he would need first team minutes.

Bamford would go back out on loan.

Looking at the squad and we don't need many players so can spend big.

Agreed bar the last bit.

I think we are very light in terms of squad so require 3-4 players at least if we are to challenge on all fronts seriously next season

Agreed bar the last bit.

I think we are very light in terms of squad so require 3-4 players at least if we are to challenge on all fronts seriously next season

I agree but I reckon one may be Loftus-Cheek, plus Ramires will be fit from the start although I'd be happy replacing him.

Reckon we need one keeper, a new backup striker and one attacking midfielder.

Lacazette could fill two of those or maybe we buy a couple of players. Long term we need a defender and maybe a left-back if we sell Luis.

Overall though we have a strong first team, good youngsters and just need a few gaps in depth plugged.

I'd quite like to keep Remy personally, he's been very professional and kept quiet when Drogba was starting ahead of him and his goals to minute ratio is really impressive, everything you want from a second striker.

I'd like Remy to continue on as third choice striker, but I wouldn't trust him and Costa beeing our only options due to their frequent injuries. Thats why I want us to either buy Lacazette or Griezmann. Both of them can stay sharp by playing wingers, or with Costa, whenever they are not backup strikers.

Lacazette won't come to Chelsea to be 2nd choice, his form and stats proves that he should be the first choice.

I don't think lacazette would go to any team as good as ourselves and be automatically 1st choice. So he either goes to a team like arsenal, spurs, or liverpool, where he will likely start, but won't win any trophies, or he backs his own ability to win a place in the team ahead of costa.

it's not like he would be coming in on the cheap, he would be have a price tag that would demand a bit of faith on our part.

the only problem with remy is that hes always injured , not just this year but even when he was with marseille he had problems staying healthy ,  we saw how much its important to have a good 2nd striker in the last month with costas injury , i think its only reason we gonna sell remy this offseason. he almost has a goal everytime hes on the pitch for us cant complain about anything else.

I'd quite like to keep Remy personally, he's been very professional and kept quiet when Drogba was starting ahead of him and his goals to minute ratio is really impressive, everything you want from a second striker.

I think something must have gone on between Remy and Jose, just didn't make sense for him not to get more playing time later in the season, I am assuming his injury wasn't the real reason. Just a gut feel.

I think something must have gone on between Remy and Jose, just didn't make sense for him not to get more playing time later in the season, I am assuming his injury wasn't the real reason. Just a gut feel.

Possible, but i do doubt it. 

Back on topic, ignoring the ball-aching rumour mongering about Remy; Lacazette would be a fantastic signing. He wouldn't be happy to sit on a bench all season however.

We need a striker who wont start sobbing uncontrollably everytime he gets dropped when Diego is fit. Not easy to come by; though imperative we get one.