Charity shield August 1

true that brother, so don't get into a bother. Let the goonies believe they got one over us. Still we did the Double last Season & they can't really compare w/ that achievement. Personally this is how I feel about yesterday

freshprince2015_zpsk3ofzkci.png

yes seeing le voyeur being so glee like he just opened his Xmas presents & seeing Cech happy as all get did make me a lil' bitter, let's be real le arse wanted this match more. It's ok, cause I am sure The Chelsea Players will remember this match & when they play for real, in a real competition, it will be a different story. I am sure CFC will remind those bums of what their situation is...2nd Best in London!!!

Did you see the video of Cech gloating with Metersacker? I couldnt believe my eyes! Even if he is bitter, the fact that Chelsea sold him to Arsenal to appease his family should have given him a reason to be classy and show respect. i am not even going to say what i feel about him. He has lost all my respect. 

" I told you we will beat THEM!" 

Disgraceful comment from a very ungrateful person.

I dont need two CL and 8 titles to best Wenger. Its not that hard. If Ramires had a brain and if Hazard had scored his sitter, the story will be different.

Listen Eddie, I know this is a tough time, it can be confusing but it will pass and you will look back and laugh about these tantrums. I look back at my self at this time in my life and even know I can't fathom why I kept loosing my temper. Your going through some changes, and that's cool. Your voice not quite sure what it's doing and your starting to have thoughts other then football. But we have all been there and you will get through it

1. Mourinho needs to apologize. Funny enough, it wasnt even a poor performance. The players played very well, but the tactics was a disgrace.

2. Azpolicueta has been poor since February

3. Hazard needs to take hard look at himself. Like he did vs. Atleti 2 seasons ago, he caused the goal and of course, he misses a sitter.

As for Moses and the game yesterday, I am very worried about Mourinho. Mourinho cost chelsea the game yesterday. That starting line up and tactics was a disgrace. Then when Arsenal packed the bus, this was the time to bring in Moses (or smh..even cuadrado). Not because Moses or Cuadrado are amazing, but because when a team parks the bus, the best way to get around that is to stretch them through the sides and have players who will drag the defense to the byline! Man City does it with their wing backs and so does Barcelona. But since Chelsea have two wing backs who cant play like that, its important to have used the wingers who play like that. To use wingers who cut in---and ask them to cut in to a middle that was caked up, is a tactical blunder that is made by rookie coaches. Secondly, to remove Azpilicuta and put in Zouma?? for what??? what was Zouma going to do up there??? Mourinho needs to apologize for that rubbish he put out yesterday.

You make so many bad points it's untrue, Mourinho needs to apologise? For losing 1-0 in the Charity Shield...you can't be serious. As for Hazard needing to take a hard look at himself, after the season that he had, I don't think so. I see unbelievable comments from so called Chelsea fans on Facebook, the official page and countless more are completely full of rubbish, usually posted from people who have ‘supported’ the club for about two years, I guess it's just transitioning over to here.

I support Charlton Athletic if you need to know (and don't take the piss)

Just calling it the way I see it

If Chelsea had beat Arsenal do you honestly think Mourinho would have been waiting to shake their hands?

I know football is tribal but does that excuse some of you from suspending all critical faculties?

I don't think so

Arsenal won deservedly......get over it

You are more of a Charlton's Arsehonal fan I suppose.

Ffs, this site is going really downhill with the numpties that post on here and sadly they're not all from other clubs

I'm not surprised, if you look at other Chelsea forums and fan pages on Facebook, there's thousands of stupid comments.

There should be a new thread for screen caps of the ridiculous comments in matchday threads after every Chelsea loss. We can name and shame the hysterical cretins. 

It wasn't even that bad of a loss, we weren't great but had 2 golden opportunities that could (should) have changed things. From the reaction in here you'd think we've just done something unthinkable like losing to Bradford or something....

1. Mourinho needs to apologize. Funny enough, it wasnt even a poor performance. The players played very well, but the tactics was a disgrace.

3. Hazard needs to take hard look at himself. Like he did vs. Atleti 2 seasons ago, he caused the goal and of course, he misses a sitter. 

As for Moses and the game yesterday, I am very worried about Mourinho. Mourinho cost chelsea the game yesterday. That starting line up and tactics was a disgrace. Then when Arsenal packed the bus, this was the time to bring in Moses (or smh..even cuadrado). Not because Moses or Cuadrado are amazing, but because when a team parks the bus, the best way to get around that is to stretch them through the sides and have players who will drag the defense to the byline! Man City does it with their wing backs and so does Barcelona. But since Chelsea have two wing backs who cant play like that, its important to have used the wingers who play like that. To use wingers who cut in---and ask them to cut in to a middle that was caked up, is a tactical blunder that is made by rookie coaches. Secondly, to remove Azpilicuta and put in Zouma?? for what??? what was Zouma going to do up there??? Mourinho needs to apologize for that rubbish he put out yesterday. 

f**king lol

Even our own "fans" have short memories these days. Is this guy for real?

Hard to know what it tells us - probably nothing! I am concerned about Costa, without him I don't see this team scoring an awful lot of goals. Having said that I think Falcao will get there and Remy is best as an impact player, running at tiring teams (or as part of a two pronged attack). Thought Ramires looked good and Fabregas showed some class, otherwise the team looked like they did at the tail end of last season when I would much prefer to see them like the start of last season.

Not fussed really about the result but am concerned about the lack of new blood this season.Look at the impact that Cesc,Costa and Tibo had at the beginning of last season.This Saturday we will probably start with the same team that limped to the title last May running on empty.Our opponents will surely not be as poor as they all were last season.Man Utd and Arsenal were absolute pants for the first few months of the season and City even worse around the turn of the year.If they get their acts together this time we will have a hell of a fight on our hands.Pedro and a quality CM would have really invigorated our first 11.

Not fussed really about the result but am concerned about the lack of new blood this season.Look at the impact that Cesc,Costa and Tibo had at the beginning of last season.This Saturday we will probably start with the same team that limped to the title last May running on empty.Our opponents will surely not be as poor as they all were last season.Man Utd and Arsenal were absolute pants for the first few months of the season and City even worse around the turn of the year.If they get their acts together this time we will have a hell of a fight on our hands.Pedro and a quality CM would have really invigorated our first 11.

Exactly! If you want to stay on top, you have to invest. That's how it works. If other teams get closer, we need to make sure we don't let them.

If we were fantastic last season, you could let it slide. But it was pretty obvious that we weren't. Look at our shameful ending in the CL and our second half of the PL season.

If we were fantastic last season, you could let it slide. But it was pretty obvious that we weren't. Look at our shameful ending in the CL and our second half of the PL season.

deary me......I seem to recall that we won the title last year & by some margin & that we also won the League Cup. So a double. Don't know what your definition of fantastic is but that's pretty fantastic to me & I would imagine a majority of football supporters no matter who they follow. As for 'shameful' in the CL ?!? Topped our Group by some margin & then in the 1st knock-out round lost on away goals to a very good side because of some careless marking in the latter stages of the return leg. How is that exactly shameful? Disappointing perhaps but shameful ?!? With such an attitude as yours, it's difficult to imagine what this club must achieve in any given year so as to satisfy you.

I suggest for starters that you acknowledge what this club has achieved in the last 15 years or so. It's pretty remarkable. You might also acknowledge what the owner has contributed over the last 12 or so years to get us to where we are today - among the top clubs of Europe & year in/year out doing nicely in the toughest domestic league in the world. We have a number of competing priorities atm - continuing to balance the books/run at a profit, developing our youth, continuing to develop the brand worldwide & now, a very expensive new stadium to build. All this whilst attempting to stay at the top. It's all a juggling act. But it would seem that the likes of you thinks that the owner should commit even larger sums than he is willing to do at present in order that we can buy more 'star' players. Tell you what - why don't you write him a letter about how unsatisfied you are with his generosity. While you're at it you may want to spare us on here of your breathtaking spoilt naivete.

I find some of the comments on here entertaining.

But I am quite happy to win the premier league and be in the Champions league every year. Certainly beats away trips to Cambridge, Wrexham, Grimsby and numerous other second division grounds in my youth.

Get a grip chaps. Losing a pre season friendly is not the end of the world

Edited by Shug

I find some of the comments on here entertaining.

But I am quite happy to win the premier league and be in the Champions league every year. Certainly beats away trips to Cambridge, Wrexham, Grimsby and numerous other second division grounds in my youth.

Get a grip chaps. Losing a pre season friendly is not the end of the world

I quite liked the trips to the smaller grounds they were far better than being sat in a sanitised environment. Bolton being fairly local to me was always a favourite.

At the Redcafe they have a newbie forum, where new posters reside until they deem fit to get into the main section. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have the same here and save the rest of us from reading through a never ending gibberish from highly excitable pubescent schoolboys.