Dzeko the Gecko

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just seen the link to him this morning. What a welcome change to the dross about Carroll and Crouch!

If we can pull this off, along with Palmieri i think it would be a great window after signing Ross. I imagine Roma will expect big bucks in January to let two first teamers go... but we can only hope.

1 hour ago, JM7 said:

Thing is, we’ll be spending quite abit of money on a 31 year old (£15-20m) and we only offer 1 year contracts to over 30s. I wonder if the club would have to reconsider that policy. 

That policy is generally only for renewals (and back-up keepers). Mostly because we almost never sign players over 30.

If Dzeko joins it will of course be a longer deal than 1 year, would most likely sign to 2021 or at least 2020 with a club option to extend a year.

This is one I can get behind, despite his age he's been fantastic the last couple of seasons for Roma and would be a great addition to the squad. Cannot see Roma letting him leave in January though, especially considering they're still in the CL and 5th in Serie A

I always quite liked him at City and he was unlucky that they had the likes of Aguero and Tevez limiting his opportunities, and he seems to have done quite well in Italy. Obviously not a long term solution but as a player who can come in and immediately take some of the pressure off Morata this would make a lot of sense. He already knows the league and I think he would fit in well with our style of play. To me this seems like a much more realistic transfer than the rumoured interest we've supposedly had in Crouch/Carroll, which always felt like complete tabloid fabrications.

He recently had an interview for bosnian media and said that he likes rome, his family settled in great and he got two childs there. He's loved by the fans and has the respect of the board... 

But my opinion is that if right offer goes there roma and him would accept. He is a trophy player and let's be honest he can't really win much in roma.

From his agent:

Asked about the interest from Chelsea, the agent told Roma Giallorossa: ‘No, I don’t know anything about this. I have no information to that effect. ‘Dzeko is already a Roma player, you know that. Look, every time we talk about Dzeko the names of clubs like Chelsea, Chinese clubs, Mexican clubs come up. ‘These are just rumours. The truth is that Dzeko wants to stay at Roma.

‘Have I spoken to Conte or Chelsea? My role means I can’t reveal certain transfer market dynamics. I understand the question, but I have a very specific role.

‘All I can say is that Conte likes Dzeko. But then who doesn’t like Edin?’

He seems pretty certain that Dzeko wants to stay at Roma, but if that's the case and there's absolutely no chance of a transfer then why is he so reluctant to confirm/deny whether he's spoken to Chelsea/Conte? The last sentence seems to imply that maybe he has spoken to Conte.

Hi, Roma fan here, went to this forum to see if in England there were more news about the transfer. I'm sure Emerson will be sold to you, Dzeko I'm not sure, he will surely leave in the summer because we are trying to reduce wages (they are the 75/80% of our profits, that's not healty for FPF). If we sell him it's because we have Patrik Schick waiting in behind him and selling Emerson and Dzeko reduces a lot the FPF that'll be facing in June.

Sorry for my english ahah

Edited by AudreyTruman

12 minutes ago, AudreyTruman said:

The reason Dzeko form collapsed is 50% him and 50% team performance. After the CL qualification the team stopped playing and they're walking on the pitch every sunday, also Dzeko is a player who gets depressed very quickly if he doesn't score.

Not true. He follows the form entire team has. If the entire team is playing well, he'll play even better. If entire team walks on the pitch, he'll walk even more.

same 'issue' we have in our national team and he's often criticised since he's a captain becouse we expect him to push the team forward. But as I said, his form is always following teams form.

Edited by •BosnianBlue•

3 minutes ago, •BosnianBlue• said:

Not true. He follows the form entire team has. If the entire team is playing well, he'll play even better. If entire team walks on the pitch, he'll walk even more.

same 'issue' we have in our national team and he's often criticised since he's a captain becouse we expect him to push the team forward. But as I said, his form is always following teams form.

Yes but he really gets depressed quickly, just see the first year in Rome when he missed the impossible, he's not that cynical in the box. Last year he scored a lot but he created a lot, he's not a poacher like Icardi. Anyway, it's a great player.

21 minutes ago, AudreyTruman said:

Hi, Roma fan here, went to this forum to see if in England there were more news about the transfer. I'm sure Emerson will be sold to you, Dzeko I'm not sure, he will surely leave in the summer because we are trying to reduce wages (they are the 75/80% of our profits, that's not healty for FPF). If we sell him it's because we have Patrik Schick waiting in behind him and selling Emerson and Dzeko reduces a lot the FPF that'll be facing in June.

Sorry for my english ahah

Thank you for your insight and I can assure you your English is very good.
Out of curiosity, how do Roma fans view Michy?