Chelsea V Cardiff (PL) Sat 15th Sep 15:00 UK

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

16 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

Bold statement and deserves to be called up as it is beyond the extreme.

How? What mistakes has he made that should have cost us points? how many mistakes have gone unpunished? as far as i can tell his mistakes bar maybe one (which was covered by Kante) we were punished for and didn't lose points.

Also is it fair to disregard the positives and the fact that his ability on the ball will add to our attacking phase and may therefore be responsible for winning us points.

Is Luiz in our defence any more error prone than say Liverpool's or City's or even Madrid's or Barca's I'd say no. Sometimes to play attacking football you have to sometimes leave space.

Try and enjoy the attacking football.  

Ohh im enjoying it thats for sure......but how can you say he hasnt been prone to sh*t decitions at crucial times? Bare one season under Conte, he has been rather on and off, he just shuts Down for whatever reason. His job is to defend and be aware.......he scares me......he doesnt scare you? Yes yes he is good on the ball etc.....but his nr 1 job is to maintain that back 4 at all times.

17 hours ago, PedroMendez said:

Bold statement and deserves to be called up as it is beyond the extreme.

How? What mistakes has he made that should have cost us points? how many mistakes have gone unpunished? as far as i can tell his mistakes bar maybe one (which was covered by Kante) we were punished for and didn't lose points.

Also is it fair to disregard the positives and the fact that his ability on the ball will add to our attacking phase and may therefore be responsible for winning us points.

Is Luiz in our defence any more error prone than say Liverpool's or City's or even Madrid's or Barca's I'd say no. Sometimes to play attacking football you have to sometimes leave space.

Try and enjoy the attacking football.  

Amen !!. It was what most were wishing for, and now we have it..................... smh

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Will happened after liverpool at home. We dont win "sarri ball falling flat", if we win media crisis as their beloved liverpool lost.

if we win, there would be 5 replays of a meaningless foul made by a chelsea player on salah and media petitionning for 3 hours on MOTD to have a retrospective ban of 5 games on him and media saying "Chelsea win by resorting to anti-football tactics" or "liverpool not at 100% and focusing on UCL YNWA"...

1 hour ago, Londonisblue said:

if we win, there would be 5 replays of a meaningless foul made by a chelsea player on salah and media petitionning for 3 hours on MOTD to have a retrospective ban of 5 games on him and media saying "Chelsea win by resorting to anti-football tactics" or "liverpool not at 100% and focusing on UCL YNWA"...

For the sake of my sanity: please stop it. Please :beg:

11 hours ago, Londonisblue said:

Cannot refute any of that. Spot on.

I'm not convinced with this zonal marking system being adopted at corners. It was appalling defending which led to their goal. With Cardiff possessing some big, hefty units, running in unhindered for a few metres, they do take some stopping when in full flight. We were just not physical enough in these situations.

57 minutes ago, old git said:

I'm not convinced with this zonal marking system being adopted at corners. It was appalling defending which led to their goal. With Cardiff possessing some big, hefty units, running in unhindered for a few metres, they do take some stopping when in full flight. We were just not physical enough in these situations.

Yes and it will be a big concern when we play a team like Man Utd with all their massive units lining up on set-pieces. Hopefully we just won't let them have the ball or give away any free-kicks or corners!!

Edited by Nibs

6 hours ago, old git said:

Wait until we play Watford, they're going to try and exploit that all game, they arguably deserved a point against Utd on Saturday afternoon too by just being physical from set pieces.

2 hours ago, Delnino said:

Wait until we play Watford, they're going to try and exploit that all game, they arguably deserved a point against Utd on Saturday afternoon too by just being physical from set pieces.

Yes, they have quite a few players who can put themselves about. They beat Spurs by knocking them out of their stride but United matched them in the physical department. Plus the fact they are a team playing full of confidence. 

On ?15?/?09?/?2018 at 19:55, atomis said:

Luiz should have costed us a few pts already and it just do not get better with him

Why should he? why didn't he? probably  because he is playing better than you want him to play, best get Sarri number quick & inform him he is playing all wrong.

14 hours ago, mbh said:

Why should he? why didn't he? probably  because he is playing better than you want him to play, best get Sarri number quick & inform him he is playing all wrong.

Yeah we'll see when the games come thick and fast, when better opponents arrive......are you really confident with Luiz in there? Many many Chels supporters share the same view.......im not Dissing the guy, I like him, but we should strive for better.

47 minutes ago, atomis said:

Yeah we'll see when the games come thick and fast, when better opponents arrive......are you really confident with Luiz in there? Many many Chels supporters share the same view.......im not Dissing the guy, I like him, but we should strive for better.

And many Chelsea supporters see what he gives us in the way we play. Without Luiz, we lose a massive piece of the puzzle in regards to playing out from the back. No-one in our reserves can replace that, which means we would be far more susceptible to the press. A lot of what people see in Luiz seems far too one dimensional to me.

3 hours ago, Old Shaggy said:

And many Chelsea supporters see what he gives us in the way we play. Without Luiz, we lose a massive piece of the puzzle in regards to playing out from the back. No-one in our reserves can replace that, which means we would be far more susceptible to the press. A lot of what people see in Luiz seems far too one dimensional to me.

Yeah of course he has his advantages in the way you described........but his nr 1 job is to maintain and keep hold of that defence. Be aware and not shut down when an attacker is right on his ars. He scares me, plain and simple.

4 hours ago, atomis said:

His benefits go way beyond his deficiencies, his contributes way more than your giving him credit for.

Not Dissing him? of course you are, agree we should strive for better, until that day arrives why not try to get behind every member of the team.

39 minutes ago, atomis said:

Yeah of course he has his advantages in the way you described........but his nr 1 job is to maintain and keep hold of that defence. Be aware and not shut down when an attacker is right on his ars. He scares me, plain and simple.

And watching Gary Cahill and Christensen try and play out from the back is the stuff of nightmares. He is the best of what we've got, for what we want him for. Replacing him would damage us more than keeping him in the team.

1 hour ago, mbh said:

His benefits go way beyond his deficiencies, his contributes way more than your giving him credit for.

Not Dissing him? of course you are, agree we should strive for better, until that day arrives why not try to get behind every member of the team.

So just because he is prone to bad defending it means im not behind the team? Its not that Black and White my friend.......

1 hour ago, Old Shaggy said:

And watching Gary Cahill and Christensen try and play out from the back is the stuff of nightmares. He is the best of what we've got, for what we want him for. Replacing him would damage us more than keeping him in the team.

Well that remains to be seen honestly.......but hey we must back the team, and let time tell the end results.

4 minutes ago, atomis said:

So just because he is prone to bad defending it means im not behind the team? Its not that Black and White my friend.......

Sarri does not think his a bad defender

Your not behind EVERY member of the team, NO. 

Go back & read your derogatory comments of certain members.

It is Black White, you see black I see white.

36 minutes ago, atomis said:

Well that remains to be seen honestly.......but hey we must back the team, and let time tell the end results.

It has been seen.... many many times. 

24 minutes ago, mbh said:

Sarri does not think his a bad defender

Your not behind EVERY member of the team, NO. 

Go back & read your derogatory? comments of certain members???.

It is Black White, you see black I see white.

derogatory? comments of certain members? What are you on about? He scares me in defence, is that derogatory? Go grab a Cold beer and calm Down.

1 minute ago, Old Shaggy said:

It has been seen.... many many times. 

Yes and no......this is an older Luiz, slower Luiz..........playing high-line and prone to weird mistakes. Can we do better? Most def.......will it happen atm? Not likely. I get why Sarri is playing him but its short-term.