• Malouda
    • Drogba
    • Anelka
    • Kalou
    • Joe Cole
    • Hutchinson
    • Sturridge

Tough one...really tough.

I said Drogba was best at HT...but Kalou's third seals it for him. Always dangerous, 3 goals and an assist with the penalty.

It goes to show, he's not always useless.

No idea where to go with this one....

Picked Kalou though. None of this chances were particularly difficult to convert but he still did the business and also drew a penalty. Since his goal scoring record is usually a little shaky, he's my choice.

Good game for all the boys and hard to pick a stand out performance,

thought Anelka and Drogba played very well and amazingly niether scored..Lamps and Ballack were both very good.

Ash got an easy game under his belt which should help and Ivan deputised well for JT.

I am struggling between Dorgba and Kalou but will have to give it to Kalou as I think Ancelotti had told him to get in the box at every opportunity and he did that well, I like to see players running at possible stopped shots and although he should have left a foot trailing I was well pleased with his two footed goal.

7 goals three times this season and twice against pretty mean defenses, Hard trip to Anfield coming up but what superb preparation.

Well that was a lot easier on the heart than I anticipated.

Plenty of good performances.

Ashley looked like he had never been away.

Alex and Ivanovic look a very solid pairing. I know they weren't really tested much but we certainly didn't miss JT.

Lampard, Malouda and Anelka all played well. Lampard's finish for his second was outstanding.

Kalou was excellent. Took his goals well and was really positive.

I felt a little sorry for Drogba. He was desperate to score. He even asked Frank if he could take the penalty. Not once though was he selfish about it. His bit of skill to set up the first goal was unbelievable and he had at least two other assists. (and one or two pretty wild efforts too, but we'll overlook those)

The man who ran the whole show though was Ballack. One of the very best games he has had for us. The odd wayward pass but otherwise he was at the start of everything for us. He showed Mikel the way that the role should be played. He moved the ball around very crisply and spread the play constantly. So he gets my vote.

Thought Drogba had a great game, great cross for the crucial opener and made one for Sturridge too. Everyone was excellent really. But MOTM has to go to the hat-trick man. Well done to him. Perhaps a well done to Carlo too for picking us up after the dismal game last week.

Archived