Ashley Cole - NOTW?

Gem

According to some rumours on twitter, the front page of tonorrow's NOTW is going to be about Ashley Cole and some "airgun" incident. No other info at all, just that. With the Utd game coming up I'm sure they've had this up their sleeves for a while. With such a huge match in our season on Tuesday, no way is it going to be positive.

So yeah, watch this space. Could be bull of course.

According to some rumours on twitter, the front page of tonorrow's NOTW is going to be about Ashley Cole and some "airgun" incident. No other info at all, just that. With the Utd game coming up I'm sure they've had this up their sleeves for a while. With such a huge match in our season on Tuesday, no way is it going to be positive.

So yeah, watch this space. Could be bull of course.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ashley-Cole-shoots-Chelsea-fan-in-disgraceful-training-ground-prank-article707855.html

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/former-gunner-ashley-cole-accidentally-shoots-fan-with-air-rifle-0010025-1

I'm not sure how reliable these sites are but it looks legit.

Is this really bad? Maybe embarassing for the club but the injury doesn't seem to be serious and it was an air gun.

Knowing the standard of NOTW I can see them twisting this into some attempted murder where Cole chased after his poor victim and gunned him down in cold blood. He then laughed a maniacal laughter and then pissed all over the dying man on the ground.

And of course Terry was involved as well. Probably s*agged the victims wife, mother and grandmother - even though the last one was already dead.

"NOTW - We couldn't make this up" :rolleyes:

"A source"

My first reaction is to doubt the entire thing happened, due to the above being the only real evidence they give. However, they do use names, and it's quite a serious allegation to make if it's total unsubstantiated bollocks, so I fear the worst. If it is true, then he's an idiot.

Edited by PloKoon13

I read earlier today that the police are not considering taking action, and now the club have spoken on the matter:

Chelsea have revealed they are taking 'appropriate action' following reports that Ashley Cole accidentally shot a work placement student at the club's training ground.

The News of the World claims Cole did not know an air rifle was loaded when he fired it at 21-year-old Tom Cowan.

It was reported that the sports sciences student, who is on a one-year work placement at Chelsea, was hit in the side by a lead pellet at the training ground in Cobham.

Chelsea's medical staff reportedly treated the bleeding wound and Cowan did not require hospital treatment.

A club statement read: "We have fully investigated the incident and we are taking appropriate action. We will not be commenting further as it is an internal matter.

LINK

Started to read andy dunn's piece in the notw, then soon got bored with it, so i investigated the fluff in my belly button instead,(how does it get in there?).Total anti chelsea/roman bs,usual stuff and to be honest,its time for mr dungheap to change the record.

Started to read andy dunn's piece in the notw, then soon got bored with it, so i investigated the fluff in my belly button instead,(how does it get in there?).Total anti chelsea/roman bs,usual stuff and to be honest,its time for mr dungheap to change the record.

The article is rubbish from start to finish. They manage to desrcibe Tom Cowan, who is 21 as a "starstruck teenager". The NOTW claim that the incident makes a "mockery of Ancelotti's claim that he would never enforce a code of conduct on his scandal-hit Chelsea players' private lives - provided they behaved in training" - before the club have said anything. Bizarrely they state that Tom Cowan was "given the pellet to hold" while the wound was being treated, and wash over the stated fact that Ashley Cole didn't know the gun was loaded. And so on.

I won't post the link. And if you take my advice you won't waste your time looking for it.

Maybe it's just me,maybe a sign of geting older,but more & more i find the stuff written in newspapers to be full of personal agenda type crap,not unbiased,investigive type journalisim,just at a time when it's most needed.

Theres no such thing as sport journalism now in a lot of the media outlets, most of it is no different to the gossip columns and girly chatter seen in sh*tty mags like OK! etc.