Florent Malouda

1108845-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Why do I dislike Malouda so much? I support him as he is a Chelsea player, but only by a great effort. And he played pretty well tonight, but still I'd rather see anyone else, but him on the left.

Played very well against Birmingham and how about this attitude?

"I respect the manager's decision. I know we have an important game on Saturday and I think that was the reason why he made the substitution. I can't be too greedy and maybe I kept one goal for Saturday!"

Is that his new PR campaign? It's kind of working.

"I respect the manager's decision. I know we have an important game on Saturday and I think that was the reason why he made the substitution. I can't be too greedy and maybe I kept one goal for Saturday!"

Since Young Slomon introduced him to his Barber hes been a totally different character, nice to hear.

ya the matching hairdo's seem to be working.

Wasnt there some brilliant lad who stated a while ago that Malouda seemed to be a confidence player and that once the team started playing better his goals would come back. Not a bloke who will win you a game by themself but will hammer in a few if the team is playing well.

Maouda started off the season like he was jet propelled. Then he had a dip in form. His recent two goals against Birmingham have convinced me he is back on track.

From now on we need to win every game and I expect Malouda to play a large part in that effort.

Edited by Randy36

Form guide:

Chelsea: WDWWW

West Ham: WDLLL

Injuries:

Chelsea: Ramires, Alex

West Ham: Parker, Stanislas, Kurucz

Sky Bet odds: Chelsea 2/9 Draw 5/1 West Ham 11/1

Opta stat: Florent Malouda has created more goalscoring chances than any other Premier league player this season, 100.

That's an interesting stat that Opta have donated there, but it has some limitations. Firstly, they don't qualify how they are defining a goalscoring chance - if it's just the opportunity to take a shot on goal, passing to another player could still have been a better option. Secondly, there is no mention of whether he is creating these chances for himself or others and Thirdly, there has been no indication of how many of these 'goalscoring chances' have been converted (either by himself or others).

I don't think he has been as bad as some have made out, much less so than Lampard & Essien.

However, I stand by what I said in a previous thread, if a club is willing to pay 12m for him at 30yrs old I think thats good business.

Would be interested to see how many of the chances were scored. My beef with Flo is that it seems like he take to many touches and invariably runs in circles ending up playing the ball backwards when he could have moved the ball on quicker. I also have the perception that his choice of pass is not always great and that he sometimes chooses passes that only benefit him and not the team as a whole (ie the player he passes to has little options available on receiving the ball other than to pass it back to malouda - something that lamps often also does) - not sure that I have articulated that last point very well!

Maouda started off the season like he was jet propelled. Then he had a dip in form. His recent two goals against Birmingham have convinced me he is back on track.

From now on we need to win every game and I expect Malouda to play a large part in that effort.

I think he is more a player who puts a game away than wins it. But since GD may decide the league, him being on form will be a massive factor if we can overhaul the 4GD gap Man U has on us, let alone consolidating the full 3 points in our games. Lets hope he ends the season as he started it(Drogba too) for if they do, we just need Arsenal and Everton to do us a favour and we can handle the rest!

He loves to take shots at goal from extremely acute angles.

- Chance of hitting goal and looking like a boss: 1 in 100.

- Chance of hitting the side net and looking like a selfish prick: 99 in 100.

That's about as far as it goes for his selfish play, I think. Sometimes there are some poor decisions or bad crosses but that's got nothing to do with being selfish.

I can't complain when he is and has scored some important goals, but his job is a left winger, provide width and assistance to the strikers. In regard to that, Im not that impressed by him. On too many occasions, he cuts inside or even worse staying in the box to get in the way of the striker and Lampard. As I see it, it's about him first and team second, leave the whole flank for Cole to cover. That's why we played so narrow, because Malouda consistently leave his position. His crossing is average, and often picks the wrong pass or slows down the counter attack. He took a leaf out of Lampard's book and shoot whenever he is remotely close to goal. Even the goal he scored today, Torress was playing a 1 2 with him and screaming for the ball back, luckily for the team's sake Malouda had a good shot. Overall, his Chelsea career is about above average, I'm happy to let him go if a decent offer comes in. We have plenty of players who can score goals, really need a good dribbler and crooser in place of him.

Malouda is isn't exactly a typical selfish player . But what is most annoying about him is he tries to take center stage in every thing . Some most glaring things about his play ,

1. He moves the ball slowly in open play trying to dictate the game in his own way rather than pass it to a player at a good position

2. He wants to get into scoring position himself rather than stay wide and give us width .

3. He shoots from narrow positions where he should have stayed wise and set up someone

These are things that tell us about Malouda . He is very annoying and at times selfish . I don't understand why carlo doesn't see these things and tell him to do what is expected of him . I don't want to see Malouda at chelsea next season !

Edited by sizzler85

He is the only Chelsea player on the roster right now that I would love if left. Way too selfish for my liking. Drogba is selfish too and sometimes takes stupid shots (like yesterday where he could have better squared it) but he brings more than Malouda ever could hence I can tolerate him.

My complaint is more his tendency to be way out of his position. At one point at Old Trafford a couple weeks ago he was moving from wing-to-wing, ugh.

Great goal yesterday, but it's good that he scored, because as most of us noticed, Torres had made the run and if Malouda makes the pass, Torres probably ends the game with a brace.

He's scored some great goals for us, just can be frustrating, especially when the team is struggling.