What trophy brought you the most happiness?

bluish

As a newer Chelsea fan (~2007) I sometimes wonder what trophy meant the most to older Chelsea fans. I would think it would be 1970 for the codgers and a toss up between 1997 and the first Premiership for people not as old. Is it 1997 because it's the first major trophy you got to see Chelsea win? Please share your stories.

I've obviously been lucky as a new fan with how sucessful we've been. The Double Season is the easy choice for myself...particulary the final day against Wigan! Hopefully we have many more trophies in the future to make this debate even harder. Cheers!

I'm an old bloke, but the 2007 FA Cup was my favourite Chelsea moment. We had a depleted squad at the end of that season and were facing ManU. We scored the only goal just about at the end of ET. It took me about 4 days to come down from that one. THe FA Cup means alot to us old'uns.

The league titles, we had them sown up before the game or still had games to go, so the actual game itself did not have a defining moment likes Drogs winner vs ManU.

I've got a soft spot for the 2005 Carling Cup Final against Liverpool, excellent game, and a taste

of things to come.

Aside from that, the 2000 FA Cup Final was nice, my first final and all......

However the last league title was really nice, going down to the last day, at 4-0 I started to

relax, the rest is history....

Edited by Six Times

2000 FA Cup Final and 2006 League.

First one because I was too young to fully appreciate the 97 cup. The 2000 final was just brilliant, my whole area is Chelsea so the place was just buzzing, was just really exciting to be involved in such a big match.

The 2005 league never really sunk in for me, as I never thought I would ever see Chelsea win the league in my lifetime, but when we retained it that's when it really sunk in that we were a real force to be reckoned with and not just a one season winder like Blackburn.

As much as wining the League for the first time in 50 years meant a lot, retaining it to me meant even more.

For me,the second division title (& trophy) from the 83-84 season.

It really felt at the time like we had walked through a sh*tstorm & survived to see the promised land!.

( I know it sounds like bollocks know, but at that time, it seamed like redemption!).

As an older fan I guess much of what has been said above but the European Cup Winners Cup 1971 was special because we had beaten Real Madrid and I basically went a bit mental running out onto the streets screaming Chelsea over and over.

Moving on. 2009/10 DOUBLE Winners. Never thought I would see that. The game against Wigan was like manna from heaven. All the pain made worthwhile by winning the league in such style, I lost count at one point and had to ask what the score was. Followed by the FA Cup final. Watching their penalty and feeling strangely calm.

97 Cup final, the celebrations round Fulham Broadway were great that night...I remember two drunk blokes sitting on an old sofa in the middle of the road cuddling each other....And the Adelaide was just a sea of broken glass and people buying me drinks...

1970 I was a bit too young to remember the game but my Mum took us down the Broadway to see the cup come back I was holding on to the pushchair with my younger Brothers in and then got swept away in the crowd, all I can remember is bawling my eyes out..

1977, I was just a kid but I was standing in the Shed end with my older Brother....It may not be a trophy strictly speaking, but the pitch invasion was probably the most fun i've ever had at a football match...

1997 FA cup Final or the League 2005 ... were both very special. Probably 1997 shades it for me.

2005 was great I had such a brilliant time in Bolton too, the Bolton fans were excellent and stayed behind and helped us celebrate, always had an eye out for Bolton since (think they were just pleased we took it off Utd) Then the celebrations back at The Bridge Charlton think it was the first Makalele goal brilliant...

But 1997 was the first major trophy in my life time and I was just blown away it was brilliant and I think the last of the great FA cup finals as far as I was concerend, and probably the last big cup final song etc etc ... great day brilliant atmosphere "The only place to be every other Saturday"

I remember the weather was great too, I went to a BBQ in the evening and passed out on the lawn...

Yeah '97 I was shall we say a little bit drunk by the end of the day Robbie D won me a £100 I had him as first goal scorer and us to win 2-0 so I was very nervous for the last 10!

Went down the Broadway to see the cup back on the sunday, then got on the piss again, good times :biggrin: