• Meireles
    • Ramires
    • Drogba
    • Mata
    • Sturridge
    • Bosingwa
    • Lampard
    • Torres

When it rains it pours eh? I haven't voted for a couple of weeks and all of a sudden I don't know who to pick from.

Mata gets the nod ever so slightly I think. Danny was always dangerous, but he sort of gets to the point where he nearly needs his own ball. Mata a bit more willing to share the love, so he gets my vote.

Not to say Danny wasn't great he was. That was the sort of performance that will lead him into the England side comfortably. Romeu was also providing everything we haven't seen from Mikel. Movement, dynamism, excellence. Credit must also go to Ramires who was great as well as Petr who saved our cleansheet on more than one occassion. Ash and Branna were excellent also.

Edited by Spiller86

I've given it to Romeu.

For the simple reason I detest Mikel as a player and want him out.

I think Ashley Cole had a very good game.

Ramires was back to his old self.

Sturridge and Mata were great.

Luiz never crossed the halfway line which was good. Learn to defend then party, not the other way round.

Drogba was atrocious and is finished by the look of things ..

Very difficult to choose between Mata, Sturridge and Romeu for me. But for his two assists and a goal, I'll give it to Mata, he was even doing his utmost tracking back and I often saw him down by our own corner flag, can't fault the lad today. Studge is fast becoming our main man however, I genuinely think that given a few games to adapt, Mata-Torres-Sturridge could be lethal, in Mata and Sturridge's form. Romeu was excellent throughout as well, like Spiller said, he offers everything we miss when Mikel plays, don't think he missed a tackle, his passing was excellent, so calm on the ball, quality little player, he'll go places.

Went for Sturridge today. He is that player we were looking for last year that can beat a player. He needs to get more confidence in his right foot however.

Romeu was class today. I really hope he gets that holding role over Mikel from now on. Ramires had a good game as well

I was not impressed by Romeu. Apart from his nice one touch passing he made many errors during the game. Got a bit better late in the game though.

Ramires might not have been great late in the game but before that he was brilliant.

I think your wrong mate, first ten minutes he made a few misplaced passes, but after that he was outstanding, stopping our defence from coming under pressure. Where I was sitting in mhl, everyone was singing his praises. He played fantastic.

I've given it to Romeu - strangely enough I guess arguably you could say that Mata, Ramires and Sturridge all deserved it more (although the latter is still infuriating with his inability to pass the ball sometimes it seems) but I thought Romeu just did everything needed of a player for his position, calm, confident - got the ball moving (unlike Mikel). There was a movement in which he was played a dodgy ball (a la last week against Liverpool) and held off the attacker, turned him and brought it forward (compare this to Mikel).

I thought Ramires had a fine game as well, has barely but a foot wrong this year in my book - always looks committed and gives 110% (a few cracking tackles which always goes down well!).

Admittedly perhaps for Romeu it wasn't against the most testing of opposition but think he deserves credit where it's due.

It was a toss up between Ramires and Romeu for me, although, I agree with the comments above and would probably go with Ramires as man of the season so far. I went for Romeu as this was his first Prem start and felt he really made a difference to our play.

If Mikel had put in the performance that Romeu did yesterday, people would be braying for his blood and calling for him to be sold. Yet if Romeu or Meireles steps in and puts in an equally (or less) competent performance they're suddenly one of the best players on the pitch.

I don't want to accuse anyone of confirmation bias, nor do I want to take anything away from Romeu's decent performance, but it seems that we're praising Romeu when he has many of the same traits that a lot of Chelsea fans constantly slate Mikel for; sideways passing, not pushing forward enough, being dominated in the air and basically not being the divine offspring of Makelele and Xavi.

In Romeu's defence he does seem to move the ball around a bit quicker than Mikel. but I honestly don't how I could provide hard evidence for that. I think I might look into this further and try and do a more in-depth post later on.