...........................Lukaku

or this;

..........................Cech

Ivan...............Cahill....JT.............Bertrand

.........................Romeu

.................Luiz..............Essien

..........................Mata

...................Torres..Sturridge/Lukaku

I would definitely withdraw Torres from being the sole focal point of our attack. I would give Luiz a run in midfield I know the boy has got it in him and he could influence the game much more from that position. And a long overdue debut for Bertrand.

I know.

None of this will happen.

I'd rather we persist with luiz in defence.

I also think putting torres out of position will only hurt him.

that said, I do think there is a case for relieving him of being the focal point up front. in this run of starts he's had there have probably been more games in which he's played well than not, but in very few (if any) has he looked a goal threat. I like the idea of playing him in a diamond with lukaku or sturridge.

keeping mata central is important. the more of the ball he gets, the better our chance of winning.

Last time Chelsea roused themselves for a big match was vs Man City.

Then the team went back into its shell.

My hope is that this time the team finds inspiration from its attacking, aggressive play against ManU and continues it in the matches to come. These upcoming games are the ones which will decide 4th place.

Luiz is class and personally he finds the game 'too easy' thats why you always see silly little mistakes from him. Its like anyone in any sport , if you find it easy you make silly mistakes because you lose concentration lol. Luiz and JT should be our two centre halves without a doubt. Cahill can earn his place.

Ashley Cole is quality and although I have seen some of this Bertrand lad and think he certainly has promise, that LB spot is Ashleys for a little while longer yet!

I remmeber watching Sam Hunchinson a Couple seasons ago and I was very very impressed with him, i certainly hope now he has come back from his terrible injury problems that he becomes the player I thought he would, but he too will certainly have to wait his time!

I dont think AVB should change too much from the side that played yesterday, although I would like to see him stop starting Merieles. Yes I thought he was class last season, but for Chelsea he has done FRIG ALL!!

Torres up front, cant drop him. Or we'll lose him forever. Simples!

drop Malouda.

I would think that's almost a certainty, if Lamps is fit. Malouda has been very poor. Just not a lot of choices with Frankie and Ramires injured.

Was really surprised to see how poorly Romeu played. Can't explain it. A young player's inconsistency, I suppose.

Edited by wxwax

Must win match, hopefully we can take the same intensity into the game as yesterday. A lot of players only show up to the big games these days, something the manager must address (im sure he has). I think it maybe time to swap Sturridge and Torres position wise, right now we have a striker that doesn't want shoot, and a winger (wide forward) who can not pass or corss. Switch them around may just make both of them happy. I don't think it will be another change for Torres, watching his past 5-6 games, he spent a lot of time in deep and wide area. It was a great cross by him, but how the hell he ended up there in the first place is puzzling.

Cole back, definitely back Terry and Lampard possibly back. Those are three massive positives. We'll need them because Everton as usual will draw against Wigan and come out and look like Real Madrid against us.

As much as I liked Cahill against United, I think Luiz starts, he has done reasonably well recently. Cole means Bosingwa goes back to the bench.

Midfield assuming fitness is Essien Lampard and Meireles, Mata goes back to the wing, and Sturridge and Torres remain where they are.

Spiller,

That lineup works for me, but who would you bring on for Essien? I'm assuming he's not going to suddenly have the stamina for a full 90 just 6 days after being out of gas in 60 minutes.

You know who. You just don't want to say it. :)

Got to stay with the 4231 now, or at least a 433 with Mata in the midfield slot.

---------- Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

---- Essien - Lampard

Sturridge - Mata - Malouda

------- Torres/Lukaku

Meireles got around like a blue arsed fly, but I'd still start Lamps. He can come on for either if somebody runs out of energy, along with Romeu.

Certainly an important game. Arse might be running into form and could do Sunderland away.

Spoilt for choice at the back now, but midfield and striker remain an issue. Lukaku won't start but i'd have him on fairly early if we look like drawing.

Bossy Cahill Luiz Cole

Romeu

Essien Lamps

Sturridge Torres Mata

Ivan's one of the best players at CFC but we need the three points and Bossy has been an effective attacker down the right. Cahill is more mobile than Terry, I guess Terry will play though.

Got to stay with the 4231 now, or at least a 433 with Mata in the midfield slot.

---------- Cech

Ivan - Luiz - Terry - Cole

---- Essien - Lampard

Sturridge - Mata - Malouda

------- Torres/Lukaku

Meireles got around like a blue arsed fly, but I'd still start Lamps. He can come on for either if somebody runs out of energy, along with Romeu.

Really?

If I were AVB, last game would have been Malouda's last for us. Unfortunately for me and probably fortunately for the greater good of the club, I'm not so we might as well see him start the next game.

My line up would be:

Cech

Ivan Cahill JT Bertrand

Luiz Romeu

Sturridge Mata Lampard

Torres

Edited by rahul

Still some hard decisions for the Manager as regardless of form we just don't have a lot of choices of fully fit players, Can't see Frank starting if hes fit and Can't see Essien lasting a full 90.

That for me would be a headscatcher in midfield and Cahill and Ivan cause the same in defense.

I'm expecting:

---------------Cech----------------

Bos/Ivan--Luiz/Cahill--Terry--Cole

----Essien------------Miereles---

Sturridge----Mata----Malouda

---------------Torres-----------------

I'd be looking for Essien to push out to the wing and Miereles to drop into the middle with Danny to go up beside Torres in a 4-1-3-2 on occasions but feel Ramires might be the better

bet than Essien when hes back.

We should put Essien on the bench. He looks like he has the potential to be our best midfielder again (other than maybe Ramires) if he gets back to full form and fitness, and while the best way for a player to get match fitness back is to get minutes on the field, there is a balance to be found as we have found out in the past when we rushed him back to the detriment of his form or physical health. As far as I'm aware Mikel, Lampard and Ramires are all still injured so for me Romeu and Meireles start by default (as uninspiring as that midfield may look...).

Also, we can't start Sturridge on the right as he won't do nearly a good enough job tracking Leighton Baines, who is a potential match-winner. If Ramires was fit I would be tempted to start him there and stick Sturridge down the left, however with our pitiful lack of attacking options (oh how we miss Kalou) it looks like another start for off-form Malouda. I know a lot of you aren't happy to see him in the team but right now we have very few wide options and any team setup which allows Mata a free role down the middle while also being defensively sturdy is one that we have to aim for.

If JT isn't fit then we have the choice between Bosingwa and Cahill, neither of whom look particularly attractive to me. Bosingwa was clearly the better performer against Man Utd, but Cahill might be more of a match for that big Argentinian striker they have (Stacqualursi or something like that), also I think as a player he is far closer to Everton's level than to Man Utd's...

Distin and Heitinga are more likely to struggle against pace than power (for what it's worth...) so I guess Torres starts over Lukaku.

I think that leaves us with this:

------------------------Cech

Ivanovic-------Luiz--------Cahill--------Cole

---------------Romeu-----Meireles

---Malouda----------Mata---------Sturridge

----------------------Torres

I'd be a lot more confident if that team had John Terry and Ramires in it...

Ok.. constructavily now. I would do this given the chance

........Chech..............

Ivan...Luiz..Terry....Bertrend

..........Romeu............

...Essien.........PIazon.....

Sturridge............Matta

..........Torres..............

Caviat is cahill if terry is not fit.

I would if I had every one availible be playing ths

........Chech..............

Ivan...Luiz..Terry....Bertrend

..........Romeu............

...Essien.........Josh .....

Lalkovic............Matta

..........Sturridge..............

An ecleptic mix of expirence at the back with pace power and invention going forward