MOTM vs Benfica

loz

Who was your MOTM against Benfica?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM against Benfica?

• Cech
    • Cole
    • Terry
    • Luiz
    • Ferreira
    • Mikel
    • Meireles
    • Ramires
    • Torres
    • Mata
    • Kalou
    • Lampard
    • Bosingwa
    • Sturridge

Excellent team performance in an away European tie. Other than 15 minutes at the start of the second half our defence was always on top and they were well supported by Mikel, Meireles and Kalou.

Also plaudits to RDM for having the balls to pick the starting eleven he did and for having the tactical nous to approach an away leg in the right manner.

Only player to disappoint was Mata. In fairness to him he looks exausted after not only the recent schedule but also being our go to man for most of the season.

MOTM for me was Luiz but also much credit to all, especially Ramires, Kalou and Ferreira.

Very solid all round team performance. Thought the defence were all superb as was Ramires and Torres had a decent game too.

Have to go for Luiz just ahead of Ramires - always knew those two would have a good game back at their former club.

I voted Ferreira, since I will probably never get a chance to do that again, and he did play very very well.

Same. Maybe it's a sentimental vote, but to come in after being off the pitch for quite a while, the man did amazing.

Luiz and Rambo right there with him.

Luiz was superb, JT, Mikel, Ramires, Kalou all outstanding and hardworking with decent games for Meireles, Torres and Ash...great to see Paulo back and playing well...what a great player he has been for us.

Only dissapointment if I had to look for one was Mata, although its as much out of over expectancy as anything else.

Good brave stuff from Robbie, now thats what I like to see.

Yes, David Luiz, for sure.

I don't see the Ferreira furor because he is a pale replacement for Branny (although he did play well). Those two prats on TV said that it's been 2 1/2 years since Benfica was shutout at home. That kind of defensive performance is for me waht it's all about.

Those red guys are meat for us at the Bridge, and I'm glad we drew them.

Cheers

Edited by ThunderDan

Between Luiz and Torres for me. Really hard to choose. Both fought like absolute warriors, Torres laboring in a system that favored his defence over supporting him upfront. Yet he never stopped battling for the ball or making runs. Tireless. I think I talked myself into Torres, since I already know Luiz will be getting votes!

The boys were magnificent as a unit.

My vote went to Paulo Ferreira, simply because he gave Bosingwa the perfect lesson

in the art of defending after such a long time in the wilderness.

Paulo is a credit to the game, a top pro and such a loyal servant to Chelsea Football Club

and on the night exceeded expectations.

Once he left the field through cramp. Bosingwa was caught upfield and out of position more

than once, one wonders what would have happened if Robbie Di Matteo hadn't have been

so brave.

Luiz was MOTM for me. Honorable mention to Cech, Terry, Ferreira, and Cole as well. Benfica got their shots off, but our backline and keeper did a fantastic job of getting in the way.

Really, everyone put in a pretty good shift. Mata was probably the only disappointing one. And to be fair to him, A.) he set the bar pretty high with his performances earlier this season, and B.) he's probably exhausted by this point.

Solid, defensive performance so I narrowed it down to 2 - Luiz and Paulo. Paulo's been great servant to the club but I had to give it to Luiz in the end, I thought he was immense.

Great assist from Torres yet again.

And Gary Neville................it's Fer-RARE-a, not Fer-ARR-a !!!

Ramires myself, but it could've been him, any of the back 5, Mikel and Kalou. He ran rings around their left back all evening, there was that one moment in the first half where Ramires just flew past him like he wasn't there, I'd never seen the kid run so fast. Absolutely top performance from him, honourable mentions to Luiz, Cole and Mikel too.

I thought Luiz was the best player on the pitch, but I voted Paulo because of his excellent display after months out and such low expectations from certain members of this forum. Once again he came in and didnt let us down at all.