Chelsea vs Wigan (PL) 07/04/12 15:00 BST

Massive game. With Arsenal playing City on the Sunday this is a chance to make up ground which can't be missed. Spurs also playing Sunderland away in the early kick off. Wigan are on an unbeaten and when playing with confidence can be dangerous so we must be at our best.

We need a win here and can't afford to screw up. We've got Fulham a few days later in their cup final so we can't afford to go into that game on a downer and needing a win.

I think RDM will have one eye on both the Fulham and Spurs games. It doesn't help that Spurs play 5 hours before us on the Easter Monday but oh well.

Given fixture congestion I'd like to see this team:

050412124417.png

I wonder if the likes of Lukaku and Piazon may get a cameo appearance over the weekend. The squad looks big enough to rotate in every position, but a substitute appearance from either of these two wouldn't go a miss if the 3 points are in the bag.

-------------------------Cech

---Ferreria-----Luiz--------Cahill----Bertrand

------------------------Romeu

----------------Merieles------Malouda

---Sturridge----------------------------Kalou

-----------------------Lukaku

unlikely but I think we should try something like this

-------------Cech-------------

Bos--Luiz-----Cahill---Bertrand

---Ramires---------Essien----

------------Meireles-------------

Kalou----Sturridge--- Malouda

Drogba on the bench for either Studge or Sol, we have to get the points here or we really can kisss goodbye to third place, fourth would be possible but unlikely so we can't go throwing Lukaku and a not match fit Romeu in to the mix.

Bench would be ok with Turnbul, Ivan, Mikel, Mata, Drogba, Torrres

unlikely but I think we should try something like this

-------------Cech-------------

Bos--Luiz-----Cahill---Bertrand

---Ramires---------Essien----

------------Meireles-------------

Kalou----Sturridge--- Malouda

Drogba on the bench for either Studge or Sol, we have to get the points here or we really can kisss goodbye to third place, fourth would be possible but unlikely so we can't go throwing Lukaku and a not match fit Romeu in to the mix.

Bench would be ok with Turnbul, Ivan, Mikel, Mata, Drogba, Torrres

I agree with your back four Chippy. We can't afford to be without Cole, Ivanovic and Terry for the crunch games coming. They can sit this one out, I gather Terry and Cole are injured anyway. Obviously we will need Luiz as well, but I feel Ivanovic is more important to our hopes, so I would rather see Luiz play against Wigan than Ivan. That's not to underestimate Wigan, but realistically, they are not going to put our defence under too much pressure.

We need the 3 points badly. Spurs have Sunderland away and Arse have City at home, so it could be a good weekend for us and change the complexion of the race for 4th, but we must win. We have Fulham on Monday so rotation will be the order of the day. Fulham should be the bigger test, particularly as it's away, and you feel our more experienced players will be more needed for that, so I suspect Lampard will sit it out tomorrow, amongst others.

This can be very rich weekend for us if we win.Considering Spuds and Arsenal's features.Danny and Drogba should be playing and i really dont wanna see Ramires as winger for fuk sake.

mid Ramires,Essien,Meireles

forward Danny,Drogba,Mata.

Think I'm correct in saying the whole Toon squad cost less than 50 mill to put together, and I know they have no other competitions to worrry about but fairplay for what Pards has done, they have Bolton at home next so should win that. We were looking at catching up the London rivals and we've been overtaken, may be just a battle for 5th now........does 6th place even get into Thursday night UEFA, I'm pretty sure FA Cup winners do ?

Can't see JT playing & when hes out it seems to be the team's achilles heel IMO, Fulham on Monday won' t be easy either, ...............so lets all keep calm and support Chelsea then

If we get 6 points out of 6 by Monday night great, as 6th place doesnt really sit well does it

666 the number of the beast, hell and fire was spawned to be released