Chelsea v Stoke (PL) 22/09/12 KO 15:00 BST

Zola

We all got a glimpse of what Oscar can do last night and are now desperate to see him again but I'll be surprised if he plays against Stoke. After the whack on the ankle he got last night, you probably couldn't have a more physical team to face than Stoke and we'll probably wrap him up in cotton wool for this one.

Frank can't be playing and he shouldn't be even near the bench....give him a few games off...Cahill in for Luiz (still makes me feel nervous) and Moses or Sturridge in for Ramires with Ceasar in at RB for Ivan..... We're up against Crouch and Own, so you know Crouch is going to be winning most of the headers and Owen will be lurking, we should win comfortably but we need the early goal to get things going....3-1

This is the lineup Robbie D played in his first game as Chelsea boss, also against Stoke.

200912130536.png

I can't imagine this'll be the game for Azpilicueta or Oscar; Di Matteo likes to match physical sides so the likes of Ivanovic and Mikel (maybe even Cahill) will be important. You might be right about Moses though. No Drogba to rough it out with the centre backs though...

It's Stoke not Barcelona FFS, if we try to adjust our game too much to match them we end up getting dragged down to their level.

Blow them away in the first 30 minutes, if we score their counterattacking game plan goes straight out the window.

I'd start Oscar over Mata in any case, he offers everything Mata does with an extra burst of pace and height that will trouble Stoke. I'd also start Moses to provide some orthodox width and another physical presence to defend set pieces with.

I want this team

200912143417.png

If Oscar is ok i see no reason why he shouldn't play , scoring 2 goals and playing so well against a top European side with your first start for a club should guarantee you a start in my opinion. I would pick Cahill because Stoke are a strong side and i feel Cahill is more up for those type of games then Luiz is. Drop Mikel and play Romeu , if Essien and Meireles were around i would have picked one of those two. Give Lampard a day off , he has played to many games of late and it's so clear that he is off the pace he needs a game or 2 off.

I hope RDM gives up on playing Ramires on the wing, Ramires just isn't Ramires on the wing.

I believe sturridge n moses will play against stoke who will be tough to crack...They will throw everything at us...They will attack like there is no tomorrow...If we can stop em scoring in the first half i see a stoke collapse when we score..

Are we talking about stoke city here? They will attack us like no tommorrow? More like they will put 11 men behind the ball and try to hold out for a 0-0

No way , this is JT's kind of game. Give him the Wolves game off.

I would play him in normal circumstances as I agree it is his kind of game but I'm taking into account his recent injury problems and we don't want him missing for the arsenal game. Not fussed either way though if RDM thinks he will be alright then play him.

I'd love to see Oscar-Mikel in the middle but can't see RDM playing him, his pre-match comments yesterday suggest that he's worried about Oscar settling in high tempo/physical games in the PL, and Stoke try to keep the tempo up. Then again, I think that Oscar's good enough to impose himself on the game, with Mikel, Mata and Hazard playing with him I think he can put his foot on the ball and set the tempo.

I dont think we will see Moses,Azpi and the other "fringe" players starting with the Wolves game midweek. Also I dont understand how Oscar is good enough to start vs Juventus and cant start vs Stoke.

I doubt we will se any change in defence and midfield, only the three behind Torres may change.

We should field a strong team to put the two draws behind us.

no matter what team gets selected nothing but a win is going to be ok

I like Andreas line up, imo that is the best available team if Sturridge is injured,or coming back from hammy

they will play for a draw and try and nick a set piece simple as that, attack them and score 2 or 3 before halftime job done

It's Stoke not Barcelona FFS, if we try to adjust our game too much to match them we end up getting dragged down to their level.

Blow them away in the first 30 minutes, if we score their counterattacking game plan goes straight out the window.

I'd start Oscar over Mata in any case, he offers everything Mata does with an extra burst of pace and height that will trouble Stoke. I'd also start Moses to provide some orthodox width and another physical presence to defend set pieces with.

Thought Mata looked a step above Oscar in terms of dictating the play. Personally I'd like to see;

Cech

Ivanovic terry luiz Cole

RamIres mikel

Oscar hazard Mata

SturrIdge

Sturridge looks more of a threat than Torres at the moment.

Ramires needs to play centrally as he looks lost out wide and should be playing ahead of a below par lampard.

Really think a fluid attacking midfield trio of Mata, hazard, and Oscar, can become 1 of the most feared attacks in Europe. Give them freedom to interchange and I think they''ll produce some awesome football.

Very confident I'm gonna go 3-0

Archived