Preston v Middlesbrough

Arsenal v Coventry

Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday

Chelsea v Wolves

Carlisle v Tottenham

Swindon v Burnley

West Ham v Wigan

Leeds v Everton

We have drawn Wolves at the Bridge for our first action in the newly named League Cup. Would be fun to see a lineup like the following:

-------------Hilario/Turnbull-----------------

Azpi-------Luiz---------Cahill----------Bertrand

--------------Romeu-------Meireles-----------

Moses--------------Oscar-----------Marin

--------------------Sturridge------------

The match will be played in the week of the 24th, although the official time and date haven't been announced yet.

http://www.chelseafc...capital-one-cup

Manchester United v Newcastle

Manchester City v Aston Villa

MK Dons v Sunderland

West Brom v Liverpool

Crawley Town v Swansea

QPR v Reading

Norwich v Doncaster

Bradford v Burton

Preston v Middlesbrough

Arsenal v Coventry

Southampton v Sheffield Wednesday

Chelsea v Wolves

Carlisle v Tottenham

Swindon v Burnley

West Ham v Wigan

Leeds v Everton

I went ahead and started a game thread for it in the Match Thread forum. Was hoping for a really low side, but I guess a Championship side coming to the Bridge will have to do.

Some decent all premier league ties there.

As for us... A good opportunity to give some of the younger/fringe players a chance to shine. Although not too many changes. It might well be seen as Mickey Mouse, but personally I'd love another day out at Wembley and to see yet another shiny trophy being hoisted into the air by JT.

wolves' manager, ståle solbakken, is a fellow norwegian who i wish all the best. except for this match, of course.

i think it's too early to guess or hope for any juniors, but i did like the looks of piazon in the pre season and i loved the looks of feruz last youth campaign. i would also like to see bamford play. a more natural goal scorer is rare to see, and he reminds me a lot of a younger version of torres. or something like that...

I said this last night in the match thread but I'm still disappointed with this draw. It's just a a another really dull home cup draw. Something like Sheffield Wednesday away would have been amazing. There'd have been interest, a big crowd, it has always been one of my favourite away grounds and we haven't been there for ages. I miss those wooden seats in the Leppings Lane stand.

We have drawn Wolves at the Bridge for our first action in the newly named League Cup. Would be fun to see a lineup like the following:

-------------Hilario/Turnbull-----------------

Azpi-------Luiz---------Cahill----------Bertrand

--------------Romeu-------Meireles-----------

Moses--------------Oscar-----------Marin

--------------------Sturridge------------

The match will be played in the week of the 24th, although the official time and date haven't been announced yet.

http://www.chelseafc...capital-one-cup

That team actually looks pretty decent. A lot better then last years second team. Will Marin be fit though ?

That team actually looks pretty decent. A lot better then last years second team. Will Marin be fit though ?

The game takes place about 10 days after Marin is supposed to return from injury, so I am hoping that this could be a good way to get him some match fitness.

Piazon getting some minutes would also be a welcome sight.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the start of the new Carling Cup (Capital One as it's called now). I expect to see a very different squad here with Azpili making his debut and Moses surely deserves a start. Romeu, Bertrand, Sturridge, Marin (if fit) are who I'd like to see as well.

Thoughts?

Would love to see full debuts for our 3 newbs - Az, Mo & Ma...rin.

Romeu is a a must for me, I don't know what he's done to fall out of favour with RDM (when he was first choice with AVB) - he always looked good whenever I saw him.

Archived