Huntelaar?

It_Dont_Mata

Seen a few reports that suggest he's available for about £8-9m. Scored 29 for Schalke last season in 32 appearances, but before that a pretty average track record, partly down to injuries restricting games. Seems like a worthy punt if he's fit, and at 29 years old he should be at his peak. Maybe a short term solution for January, at least for cover and variety, if not goals?

Not sure why Schalke would sell him with the year they are having (so far). I doubt they are going to be out of the title race by January.

He's not signing a contract extension, can leave on a free in the summer. Id take him if he wasn't cup tied.

Not sure why Schalke would sell him with the year they are having (so far). I doubt they are going to be out of the title race by January.

It'd take a series of miracles for Schalke to win the Bundesliga, even if they keep Huntelaar all year. They're already 8 points behind Bayern and Dortmund should quickly surpass them now that everyone's healthy. That said, I can't see Huntelaar bringing them a sizable fee, so you might be right that they'd prefer to hold onto him, if only to ensure that they'll play in the Champions League again next year. They're not legitimate title contenders, though.

I wanted us to sign Huntelaar a few years back, I think we f*cked up big time by not doing so.

Instead he went to Real and then AC and was bloody useless.

That said, scored a heck of a lot of goals in Germany last year - maybe the above was just a blip.

Instead he went to Real and then AC and was bloody useless.

That said, scored a heck of a lot of goals in Germany last year - maybe the above was just a blip.

He was in and out of the Milan & Real sides, never seemed to get a prolonged run in the team which seems to affect strikers more than any other position.

He was in and out of the Milan & Real sides, never seemed to get a prolonged run in the team which seems to affect strikers more than any other position.

You've got to ask the question why he never got a run in the side though then don't you.

Admittedly given how he plays (or at least the little I've seen of him) I'm not surprised he didn't do well in either league, much more suited to German and probably the English games.

Archived