IF Lamps goes...

It_Dont_Mata

So we all know the situation as it stands (or as it's reported, at least) - Frank isn't being offered a new deal, he wants to stay, but Chelsea don't want to pay his wages and he (or his agent) doesn't want to take a pay cut. He still has a good year or two left in him and is free to leave at the end of the season to any club.

No doubt there will be a host of Europe's top clubs taking an interest, as well as the usual moneybags in China, Qatar, Russia and the US. And it's reported that Manure are especially keen on taking him.

Now I can understand why a player would want to go there - good chance of winning trophies, continue to play at the top level and the wage demand will be met. But Frank?! I just wouldn't be able to forgive him if he went to Manure. The though of seeing OUR SuperFrank playing for Sir Bacon-Face and even scoring AGAINST US (you know it will happen) just turns my stomach.

In my eyes Frank's a good, honest and clever bloke. He knows what he means to Chelsea and he knows what a kick in the teeth it would be to play for Manure when everyone but the board seem to want him to stay. He's a living legend for this club, but I don't think I could continue to admire him if he made that move. That's just the ultimate insult to the club, IMO.

I hope he stays, but as it looks increasingly unlikely that he will leave I'm just hoping and praying that when the time comes, he goes anywhere but Manure! I couldn't sing his praises any longer if he did and I wouldn't cheer him...

Am I being harsh on him, or does anyone feel the same as this?

I would admire Frank whatever he did. After what he has been to Chelsea he has no need to ask for my approval before moving elsewhere, be that China, LA or ManU.

He has the same right to seek employment in a rival club as any ordinary individual has to seek employment in a rival firm.  Nothing he does should have any effect upon the admiration and respect we should have for him.

Unless he kisses their badge!   :Connie_threaten:

Seeing as he's done nothing during his career at Chelsea to warrant any hate I think I could take him going to ManU, even if I really, really, really do not like the idea.

If he leaves (or when he leaves), I'd prefer him to go to another country. Either he joins Juventus or go to USA. I'm fine with both.

Yeah, I would accept literally any other team. I would prefer abroad though. I just hate Manure, Bacon-Face, their supporters, their players, their favourable referee bias with every fibre of my body.

I couldn't accept any team in the Prem apart from West Ham (makes me sick typing this) due to the West Ham connection from all those years ago. I would hate him to go to Tottenham or United

If he went to United then I would wish him the very best. Why? Because he deserves it. Man United reporting they aren't interested anyway.

No point guessing where he's gonna go. He literally has the pick of the world. 

I can't stand it when Sky sports and the papers keep guessing where he's going. There is still, what, 5 months left? I think we should wait and see what happens. Roman is still abroad in the Caribbean at the moment, so until he returns, I doubt much will happen. 

Letting Lamps leave in this fashion angers me more than anything else going on around the club at the moment. More than FSW and more than the comical way our club is run. He's still quality, and even if he's declining the board should still be treating him better than what they are. Complete disrespect. For me, he's still a regular starter as it isn't a coincidence that every time he plays we seem to win.

IF Lamps goes id wish him the very best....I believe he is still loyal enough to the fans NOT to join United..If he goes anywhere i would hope it be abroad.....He can get big dough abroad at teams that will give him guaranteed first team footy...I dont believe hed be a regular at UTD.....IF the king is dead........long live the king.I also believe that this is a kick from Roman ..Fans (to date) have dictated the GROUND scenario...This is him showing hes in charge

lamps can move anywhere including manure and i won't hate him! that is reserved for the souless 'suckers' at the bridge!

I don't think for a second he will join them but if he did it will be my worst moment as a Chelsea fan, i really couldn't take it. He has been my favourite player ever and i just couldn't take him joining one of my most hated clubs. It's a horrible thought.

Much as I've admired Frank over the years, I think it's time for him to play a lesser role if he remains - I've actually thought that for the last couple of years. Ideally I'd like him to be given a position as player/coach at Chelsea, but just playing occasionally. Like others, if and when he leaves I wish him well, so long as he doesn't stay in the Premiership.

There is no doubt Lamps is a legend and his achievements deserve the utmost respect.

He has slowed up considerably and I don't believe he should start every game.

If he does leave I doubt he'll join a Premier club.

I won't be surprised if he seeks sunnier skies and heads for California to sign for the LA Galaxy.

He's actually been linked to various Serie A clubs, including Fiorentina.

The fact that he's leaving is a joke - he still seems to have a role to play. I also wonder if he would move to Italy if he wants to be close to his children (something I don't blame him for). However, from the club's perspective, I would feel slightly less bad if he moved abroad. 

I never thought he or Terry would ever leave if i'm honest, I guess that's wishful thinking but it's like the board aren't even trying to keep him on. I know Roman is ruthless but surely he can see Lampard wants to stay and the fans obviously do too.

Am I the only person who thinks this summer IS the right time for Frank to go? 

He's 35 in the summer, his best days are behind him, he earns £150,000 PER WEEK, he was the ring leader against AVB (inclu leaking to the media), which cost the club £20m to hire and fire. We have new young players who need to gel and play as a team. I think Frank and his agent are using the discontent fans feel atm and manipulating us to try to force the club into giving him a new deal. Remember that RA gave Lampard a 5 year £150,000 per week deal at the age of 30 years old, not many clubs would do that. Was Lampard being loyal when he was going to join Inter Milan?

In the age of FFP, Chelsea cannot afford to pay these amounts for a player who will spend the majority of time on the bench. That is not the fault of anyone at the club but that of Michel Platini. We do not have the revenues of Man United, and we are going to find it very difficult to meet FFP. 

There is not a chance Lampard will join Man United. He and his agent are getting the media to print these stories to panic Chelsea fans, can you not see that? Most clubs now are getting rid of high earning older players, just like Chelsea are. 

In the age of FFP, Chelsea cannot afford to pay these amounts for a player who will spend the majority of time on the bench. That is not the fault of anyone at the club but that of Michel Platini. We do not have the revenues of Man United, and we are going to find it very difficult to meet FFP. 

Supposedly Lamps offered to take a massive pay cut to stay, not sure how true that is but was certainly reported a few weeks ago, if it is true then the reason for moving him on has to be more about the team than FFP.

Also, if it is true it makes me even sadder to see him go. What a legend.

Archived