Typical Daily Heil

Backbiter

Ecstatic headline about Manure and their points total:

Marching towards history: Fergie's United have more points now than Shankly's Liverpool, Wenger's Invincibles and Clough's Forest... and they are on course to become the greatest EVER team

Now you might conclude from that headline that Manure are so good this season, they are on course to become the best team ever, surpassing points totals attained only by Shankly's Liverpool, Wenger's Arsenal and Clough's Forest. Impressive eh? 55 points after 22 games is their best ever record. If you read the article, it's three points more than the Invincibles under Wenger, but only the same as Blackburn managed under Dalglish.

It is, however, necessary to scroll down through NINE paragraphs to discover that the best record ever at this stage of any season isn't held by Manure, or Blackburn, or Arsenal, or Liverpool at all. None of them are even close to............José's Chelsea in 2004-5, who had SIX points more at this stage, and are of course the best team in history, statistically. But they don't warrant a mention in the headline, or the first nine paragraphs, but those other teams do.

I dunno, maybe that paper just doesn't like us, or something.

EDIT: I've just read through the comments below, and someone had to highlight an error (now corrected)  as it originally stated (quoted by a reader):

"But should United continue to gather up the points at the same rate as they have done so far this season they will be on course to beat that record for the most points gained during a Premier League campaign, with a projected 95".....

So the tossers couldn't actually check the record books before writing a pile of bollox. Embarrassing.

Did anyone say Record Breakers?

Most wins in a season (38 games): 29, Chelsea (2004–05, 2005–06)
Most home wins in a season (19 games) Chelsea 18,  joint record: (2005–06)
Most away wins in a season (19 games): 15, Chelsea (2004–05)
Most consecutive away wins: 11, Chelsea (between 5 April 2008 and 6 December 2008)
Fewest home losses in a season (19 games): 0, joint record: Chelsea (2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08)
Most consecutive home games undefeated: 86, Chelsea (21 February 2004 - 26 October 2008)

Most goals scored in a season: 103, Chelsea (2009–10)
Fewest goals conceded in a season: 15, Chelsea (2004–05)
Most goals scored at home in a season: 68, Chelsea (2009–10)
Fewest goals conceded away in a season: 9, Chelsea (2004–05)

Most points in a season: 95, Chelsea (2004–05)

Apologies if I've missed any.

Most consecutive away wins: 11, Chelsea (between 5 April 2008 and 6 December 2008)

Fewest home losses in a season (19 games): 0, joint record: Chelsea (2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08)

Most consecutive home games undefeated: 86, Chelsea (21 February 2004 - 26 October 2008)

You'd have thought the Heil might have noticed.....I think they just blanked us from their own version of football history.

That article couldn't contradict itself anymore if it tried. 

The headline states they're on course to be the greatest ever and then shows instances of other teams having a higher points total at this point of the season. Following that the projected points total would only equal our haul of 05/06. Finally, the so called greatest teams of all time table that Manure sit on top of is very selective. Why aren't Jose's 04/05 or 05/06 team included when we have the highest points total? Carlo's double winning record breakers don't even get a mention.

Terrible article which is simply geared to impress manure fans and is really just a continuation of this 'We're bigger and better than you' argument that Sturridge's comments started.

Ok people, there is one simple solution for your hatred of the Daily Mail.....STOP f**kING READING IT!! Stop going to their website and stop linking to their articles and giving them traffic.

When you do that, you're no longer troubled by the rubbish they publish.

I don't know how you guys deal with such shoddy journalism... I mean they're worse than Fox news here in the States. Where do you all go to read actual news that contains any inkling of truthful material? Everything I read in British papers is tremendously subpar and fabricated...

And let me point out, we're not much better at times but England takes the cake...

The problem - as has been stated before, with simply avoiding "news" items such as this, is that you have to go out of your way to avoid links to this kind of article. Whether they're on the BBC or the official site's rumour mill, results of an Internet search or any other number of sources.

It's also worth bearing in mind that even the Mail does have the occasional sensible journalist, Martin Samuel for instance. Read Martin Samuel's column and on the same page you'll inevitably find links to other, less creditable articles. And so it goes on.

That makes such good reading...  I'm sure there are some clean sheets (Petr) and PL Appearances (Frank) records to be added there somewhere  :wink:

That makes such good reading...  I'm sure there are some clean sheets (Petr) and PL Appearances (Frank) records to be added there somewhere  :wink:

And I'm sure you're right. Maybe someone else (nudge nudge, wink wink) would like to put together another list?

So many impressive records. 86 home games undefeated and 15 goals conceded in one season is the one's that impresses me the most.

• 4 weeks later...

For

once not a bad piece by the Daily heilsnail, in fact a must read

article , for this hits the nail very hard and square indeed.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2273213/Chelsea-poisoned-lack-respect.html#axzz2Ke5GpvMp

I expected it to be another fine piece from Martin Samuel, but it seems that Rik Sharma is equally capable of talking a lot of sense.

I must come to Rafa's defence on one score, though, the tie was in fact orange.

Actually... fashion police!

• 4 weeks later...

Well that is a blatant dive if you ask me. The kick is a bit comical too. Probably the pitch made him miss it.

If you knew how tough Drogba is you know you need a bulldozer or two to tip him over if he wants to stay on his feet. I don't really care what he does in Turkey. He is a club legend and a beast. He is cooling down at Galatasaray.

Archived