Impressed with Shaw tonight ...

Star

A Chelsea fan and Arsenal target ?

Sign him up.

(seriously though, he's incredibly talented and so so quick! He's been likened to as a young Gareth Bale which IMO isn't a bad thing, and to be playing so well in the Premier League at 17 is damn impressive)

Doubt Arsenal would want him when they already have Gibbs coming through, i'd be much less surprised to see him go to United, a club that values young English talent and that clearly needs to replace their aging left back that has decided to give up on defending and become a goal scorer this season.

Even if we do buy him we won't see him play for a few years, I doubt we'll play a teenager as our first choice left back and I don't think Bertrand will take over from Ash as first choice either, so i'm guessing we're going to buy a left back in his mid-late 20s which would push him further down the order.

the way cole has played over the last 2 years im not too fussed if he leaves tbh.

he only turns up for the big games these days, last night puncheon got the better of him most of the game.

I think shaw is actually better than bertrand now, would love to him here.

If Cole does leave at the end of this season (which it would appear is inevitable) and if Shaw continues to impress as he has done then it might be a good idea to go in for him. Him and Betrand can share the games at LB and it would also help with our English/Homegrown contingent which will need to be address with Lampard, Cole and possibly Turnbull leaving at the end of the season. 

I'd love to see him sign for Chelsea but I'd also hate to see us stifle him as we are prone to do with young English players. If I was him, Chelsea fan or not, I'd be quite reluctant to sign for this club for the good of my career.

I'm unsure of Bertrand right now though, he can be solid in some games but has looked dodgy is a couple this season too, so Shaw might be a good signing as the long term replacement for Cole. At 17 he already looks comfortable enough in the top flight, and for a defender to stand out at a club like Southampton it's quite impressive.

the way cole has played over the last 2 years im not too fussed if he leaves tbh.

he only turns up for the big games these days, last night puncheon got the better of him most of the game.

I think shaw is actually better than bertrand now, would love to him here.

i shouldn't really comment but i will. I've never been a fan of coles,never bought in to the best left back in the world tag,it goes back to when he was a cheating gooner( i know i should let it go).of all the chelsea 'superstars' he has got away with some ordinary performances in my opinion especially as you said in the last couple of seasons,and gets praise heaped on him,but when he gets players 'not in his class' like nathan dyer and wayne routledge giving him a hard time the old chestnut about his dodgy ankle rears its head from fanboys.yesterday's game highlighted all the flaws in his game cant cross cant shoot physically weak cant use his right foot,cant head a ball very well.for some reason he neglects to jump with the man he's marking quite often to try and put them off at least (example cl final and thomas mullers goal go look at it again. if we had lost i wonder if he would have been pulled up on it). No player is bigger than the club so if he goes i wont lose any sleep.oh for a left back who can use both feet adequately.

Guest RFC_CFC

If we are serious about losing Cole then we need a LB, Ryan is not enough and I'm not 100% he will be good enough long term if I'mm being honest.

Guest RFC_CFC

Don't want a bidding war, Arsenal seem to always get these young prospects while they have a relationship with that club.

Chelsea fan should swing it in our favour though.

Wise investment at 17/18.

Archived