Spanish La Liga Thread

enigma

Why do you want them to beat City? I never understand the anti-patriotism English fans have regarding other English clubs in Europe.

Even from a purely logical point of view, having them expend additional energies in the latter stages of the Champions League is going to help our title bid.

I don't like City. I don't like Barcelona either, but I would much rather we be the ones to take them out.

Kind of amusing to see City bigging themselves up only for them to fall out of Europe at an early hurdle again. If they beat Barcelona, that will give them a massive boosts. I'm a believer, that if you're winning matches game after game, you don't get tired so much. 

I used to be rather patriotic to other English clubs until I saw how many people wanted Chelsea to fail in the CL Final. I think the top UK twitter trend on May 19th 2012 was "C'mon Bayern". Says it all really. Since then I couldn't give much of a f**k.

Edited by JoeyN

He was getting jeered by his own fans recently

Who, Bale ?

If that is true then those Real Madrid fans are getting worse and worse. He's scored 10 goals in 22 games, 8 in 14 in the league, in his first season with a new club. I think that is great start to his Real Madrid career. He's also picked up a few injuries so it's not like they can just expect him to come in half fit and smash in a hat trick.

Real Madrid fans have got to be the most spoilt fans around. They should be happy to have players like Gareth Bale in their team.

I don't like City. I don't like Barcelona either, but I would much rather we be the ones to take them out.

Kind of amusing to see City bigging themselves up only for them to fall out of Europe at an early hurdle again. If they beat Barcelona, that will give them a massive boosts. I'm a believer, that if you're winning matches game after game, you don't get tired so much.

I used to be rather patriotic to other English clubs until I saw how many people wanted Chelsea to fail in the CL Final. I think the top UK twitter trend on May 19th 2012 was "C'mon Bayern". Says it all really. Since then I couldn't give much of a f**k.

such a good point. I used to always back English teams. I even celebrated Liverpool's comeback in 05 because I am above all things a football fan.

But the treatment and respect against bayern really cheesed me off.

I still support British teams in Europe, but not as much as I once did. Mainly now I see it as a chance to improve our coefficient, something which is in Chelsea's best interest. Also it improves the reception of our league, helping us attract the best players.

I still remember some certain mates of mine resentment to us winning the big ears, so to them I will pretend I am backing their opposition in Europe.

Pepe is a prick. He certainly likes to antagonise people. Imagine how much we would frustrate either madrids with our play, especially the way we played against man city. There would be a lot of cards given, that's for sure.

Pepe is a prick. He certainly likes to antagonise people. Imagine how much we would frustrate either madrids with our play, especially the way we played against man city. There would be a lot of cards given, that's for sure.

I've never understood why english clubs when they play teams like madrid and barca don't try and wind them up. Look how wound up they get at slight little kicks and fouls.

He is a prick, but he isn't doing much really. Diego Costa is diving around like a little bitch.

Edited by Scott Harris

I have watched 20 minutes of this Real Madrid V Athletico Madrid match and all i see is a bunch of diving babies. If we do sign Diego Costa then he better not bring this sh*t over here.

Its shocking isn't it, diving and cheating broken up by short spells of football. Garbage to watch the majority of big games.

Courtois has looked dodgy today.

Also i am not sure i want Costa here, he's an absolute asshole by the looks of things.

I just don't think he's that good, Costa that is lets face it, it's not the hardest league in the world to get goals in and the quality of his goals have not been great for me. Defending is pish

He is a prick, but he isn't doing much really. Diego Costa is diving around like a little bitch.

True, but Pepe and other Real players keep taking little digs at him on the sly. Did you see Arbeloa's stamp on the back of costa's heel during the set play? Real definitely have some nasty players; Pepe & Ramos being 2 of them. 

The referee's really need to be shown how much of a mug these players our making of them, di mariea just looked over his soldered to see were the ref was then proceeded to roll about.

I was watching Scotland Ireland 6 nations on the weekend and maitlend landed badly on his ankle, probably damaged the ligaments. He didn't move, just lying still because generally when something is wrong with you, you tend not to be able to roll around.

I just don't think he's that good, Costa that is lets face it, it's not the hardest league in the world to get goals in and the quality of his goals have not been great for me. Defending is pish

He doesn't seem to have that magic about him like Falcao, Aguero or Suarez does he?  Not sure he'd solve our problems but I honestly haven't seen a lot of him.  No telling who we have on our radar but I trust Jose knows what we need.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Mandzukic.