Spanish La Liga Thread

enigma
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I noticed there wasn't a la liga thread, so thought I'd start one. 

This season is looking really exciting for the la liga and looking forward to seeing how it all pans out amongst the top 3. 

After watching Athletico Madrid tonight, they look very impressive. Diego Simeone definitely has a great set up at madrid this season and, in my opinion, they are a lot like Arsenal this season in the EPL. They are somewhat overachieving, but are looking unlikely to drop many points, if any, from this point on. 

If Athletico lose Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois in the summer, that would be a massive blow for club in terms of further achievements in the future. They currently have the most clean sheets in the La liga too. 

But, in my own selfish way, I do hope we recall (or at least keep, but send out on loan again) Courtois and sign Diego Costa.

Anyway, for you La liga fans on the shed end, share your thoughts & opinions on this year's La liga. 

Guest RFC_CFC

The best race in years IMO.

Barca don't look anywhere near the same threat they have done in the past five years while Atletico are looking strong pushing Real and Barca all the way so far.

It's anyone's title as it stands and I'd love for Atletico to at least get second.

Bilbao are giving real a good game here. they are looking much more likely to score than real are. tbh, real madrid have been looking lackadaisical recently. I was thinking they might go far in the CL this year, but i'm really not sure after seeing their recent performances in the league. 

Edited by enigma

I remember Joses real being slated for the way they play, does Carlo get the same treatment there?

I think the only reason Jose got stick was because he dropped casillas, but casillas is still no.2 at the moment, yet no one seems to be complaining any more. I don't know what went on behind the scenes when jose was there, but the fans seem to have taken to ancellotti since taking over. 

I noticed there wasn't a la liga thread, so thought I'd start one. 

This season is looking really exciting for the la liga and looking forward to seeing how it all pans out amongst the top 3. 

After watching Athletico Madrid tonight, they look very impressive. Diego Simeone definitely has a great set up at madrid this season and, in my opinion, they are a lot like Arsenal this season in the EPL. They are somewhat overachieving, but are looking unlikely to drop many points, if any, from this point on. 

If Athletico lose Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois in the summer, that would be a massive blow for club in terms of further achievements in the future. They currently have the most clean sheets in the La liga too. 

But, in my own selfish way, I do hope we recall (or at least keep, but send out on loan again) Courtois and sign Diego Costa.

Anyway, for you La liga fans on the shed end, share your thoughts & opinions on this year's La liga. 

the most interesting la liga season since 2006  and 2007 season to be honest. i hope atheltico do it and they never have better chances with neither real or barca not looking that good this season

Ronaldo's just been red carded. I think the other guy should have been sent off too.

The reason why Ronaldo got sent off is the main reason why i hate Spanish football. Cheating little wimps, the lot of them.

And i agree with what you said, if Ronaldo is going to get sent off then so should the other little knob head.

The reason why Ronaldo got sent off is the main reason why i hate Spanish football. Cheating little wimps, the lot of them.

And i agree with what you said, if Ronaldo is going to get sent off then so should the other little knob head.

silly sending of but costly for madrid though although bale be back soon

Hope Barcelona crash and burn (after they beat City in the Champions League). 

Why do you want them to beat City? I never understand the anti-patriotism English fans have regarding other English clubs in Europe.

Even from a purely logical point of view, having them expend additional energies in the latter stages of the Champions League is going to help our title bid.

To not want Atletico Madrid to win the title this year would just be so wrong! I doubt they will, but I really hope they do.

I hope they do but fear their lack of depth will pay in the end . still think barca or real will win it in end but hope for sake of spanish football that atletico break the two clubs hold of la liga. 

Why do you want them to beat City? I never understand the anti-patriotism English fans have regarding other English clubs in Europe.

Even from a purely logical point of view, having them expend additional energies in the latter stages of the Champions League is going to help our title bid.

I feel City can be a bigger threat than them this season, and Kompany needs taking down a peg or 2 for his big headed comments.

I remember Joses real being slated for the way they play, does Carlo get the same treatment there?

Well, perhaps if you understood why Jose's real was being slated, you wouldn't need to ask the question.

Edited by gunnör

Real are top scorers in the league under Carlo.

For me it's a prestige thing - the further City get in the Champions League, the more they are going to feel like they are a serious European club, especially if they take a few scalps (Barca being the obvious one) along the way. If they keep getting knocked out in the first knockout round it will knock their confidence and also stop the fans and media taking them seriously as a continental force. Would we have won our Champions League if we hadn't been so incredibly close to winning it on several previous occasions?

Real Madrid Vs Athletico Madrid tonight on Sky. Looking forward to this game; would be nice if Athletico could it this year; I certainly think they play much better football than Real do. 

Also, gareth bale is returning tonight after injury, so will be interesting to see how he performs on his return. 

Edited by enigma