Spanish La Liga Thread

enigma

He doesn't seem to have that magic about him like Falcao, Aguero or Suarez does he?  Not sure he'd solve our problems but I honestly haven't seen a lot of him.  No telling who we have on our radar but I trust Jose knows what we need.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Mandzukic.

Truth be told I'd rather a Dzeko... not that I think he's the answer either but think he's better then Costa and cheaper

He doesn't seem to have that magic about him like Falcao, Aguero or Suarez does he?  Not sure he'd solve our problems but I honestly haven't seen a lot of him.  No telling who we have on our radar but I trust Jose knows what we need.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Mandzukic.

He does have the workrate, but will mourinho want a striker who is going to stay in forward, or a striker that will work for the ball? Maybe he'd prefer an out n out striker who will stay in position to score and not track back as much as our current strikers do this season. Lets face it, we've pretty much needed our strikers to track back this season due to their current form, but all the top strikers at the moment; Cavani, Falcao, Ibra etc, do not track back much, if at all, yet they are banging in goals like no one's business. 

Edited by enigma

I've never understood why english clubs when they play teams like madrid and barca don't try and wind them up. Look how wound up they get at slight little kicks and fouls.

I'd say we have certainly winded up Barca pretty much every time we play them.

We took messi's soul in the champion's league. He is no longer the same player. 

This. Watched him against sociedad. He still has the flicks but rarely runs at anyone anymore and looks a shadow of himself like he has no confidence. Glad it wasnt just me that thought he'd lost it massively

Real are already looking to replace Carlo. Hardly a surprise. He was never going to do a good job there. Would have been better off staying at PSG where it was easy to win the league.

I thought Carlo was wanted by Perez for years.... Surely he's not giving up on him within his first season in charge? 

I thought Carlo was wanted by Perez for years.... Surely he's not giving up on him within his first season in charge? 

This is Madrid we're talking about.  Wonder if United sack Moyes and go for Carlo.  There's got to be a point where the Glazers get concerned and step in, when he starts costing them money I imagine.

This is Madrid we're talking about.  Wonder if United sack Moyes and go for Carlo.  There's got to be a point where the Glazers get concerned and step in, when he starts costing them money I imagine.

With SAF's presence still very much felt at United I don't think they'll be sacking him just yet.

To sack him within his first season it's essentially saying to SAF "You were wrong" and I'm not sure anyone is going to be so quick to do that at United.

They've just let him spend £40m on a luxury player and then 2 weeks later you find out their best defender and captain is leaving at the end of the season... there is a lot of work to do with that squad so they have to let Moyes try to attempt to finish the job he has started with overhauling that squad seeing as they have already let him spend around £70m on just two players. 

With SAF's presence still very much felt at United I don't think they'll be sacking him just yet.

To sack him within his first season it's essentially saying to SAF "You were wrong" and I'm not sure anyone is going to be so quick to do that at United.

They've just let him spend £40m on a luxury player and then 2 weeks later you find out their best defender and captain is leaving at the end of the season... there is a lot of work to do with that squad so they have to let Moyes try to attempt to finish the job he has started with overhauling that squad seeing as they have already let him spend around £70m on just two players. 

I'd normally agree but the Glazers seem to have been happy to leave all the football to Ferguson and Charlton, and up until now that has meant sustained success.  Their squad needs work but it's certainly good enough to get into the top 4.  Put it this way, if Mourinho was there we wouldn't be having this discussion.  You don't go from champions (comfortably) to the Europa league without a serious disaster, and if they miss out on Europe the Glazers are going to feel that in their pockets for the first time since they took over.  

If anything it'll be really interesting to see if they start sticking their noses into the footballing aspect and threaten to undermine two men who are viewed by the fans as nothing short of demi-gods.  The real hilarity is that most of the United fan base seem to want Moyes out already, and I'm sure more will join if they fail to qualify or worse.  So they'll be in the delicious predicament of siding with the evil Glazers over Ferguson and Charlton who would be too stubborn to admit Moyes was a disaster so soon.

Oh 2014 is going to be glorious.

I'd normally agree but the Glazers seem to have been happy to leave all the football to Ferguson and Charlton, and up until now that has meant sustained success.  Their squad needs work but it's certainly good enough to get into the top 4.  Put it this way, if Mourinho was there we wouldn't be having this discussion.  You don't go from champions (comfortably) to the Europa league without a serious disaster, and if they miss out on Europe the Glazers are going to feel that in their pockets for the first time since they took over.  

If anything it'll be really interesting to see if they start sticking their noses into the footballing aspect and threaten to undermine two men who are viewed by the fans as nothing short of demi-gods.  The real hilarity is that most of the United fan base seem to want Moyes out already, and I'm sure more will join if they fail to qualify or worse.  So they'll be in the delicious predicament of siding with the evil Glazers over Ferguson and Charlton who would be too stubborn to admit Moyes was a disaster so soon.

Oh 2014 is going to be glorious.

The thing is, unlike Roman or even John W Henry at Liverpool the Glazers don't appear to have a huge interest in football and you can't help but feel that United is an investment to them.

So they are relying on the likes of Ferguson, who has always been very vocal in his support of the Glazers, to advise them in all things football.

Again, will they go over Ferguson's head and risk alienating him from them/the club for all future decisions?

Either way, it's fun viewing at the minute. 

This. Watched him against sociedad. He still has the flicks but rarely runs at anyone anymore and looks a shadow of himself like he has no confidence. Glad it wasnt just me that thought he'd lost it massively

He did pick up an injury this season so it's to be expected that he isn't playing at the same level as before. Also it's far too early to say he has lost it. 19 goals in 24 games doesn't look too bad to me.

Edited by Scott Harris