Spanish La Liga Thread

enigma

Bad loss for Atletico last night. Still early, and still much more to play, but being the underdogs that they are in the race, this was a must win game.

Yeah, I watched it until about 50th minute, but it was such a boring game I turned it over. 

lovely football from barcelona tonight. They are playing brilliant and messi is on fire. This is how you play against a lower league side!

A lower league Spanish side maybe. The way they lie down for Madrid and Barcelona week after week is amazing.

the 6 nil result Isn't really a barometer of how good this Barca team is though given the fact that apart from the top 6 or 6 sides in La Liga, the rest are the same standard as the lower league English championship sides. Its unfair that TV money in Spain isn't distributed equally between all sides.  I heard the highest paid Levante player is on 7 grand a week and they are currently 7th in the league which I found a surprise.

I can see City giving Barca a good game

It's such a sh*t league...good to see atletico threatening the duopoly, but the gulf between Madrid and barca financially compared to the rest is ridiculous...yes the premier league has inequality, but you still see smaller teams able to beat the best...in Spain it's one walkover after another

the 6 nil result Isn't really a barometer of how good this Barca team is though given the fact that apart from the top 6 or 6 sides in La Liga, the rest are the same standard as the lower league English championship sides. Its unfair that TV money in Spain isn't distributed equally between all sides.  I heard the highest paid Levante player is on 7 grand a week and they are currently 7th in the league which I found a surprise.

I can see City giving Barca a good game

Yep if UEFA or FIFA or whoever wants to do some good for the game they should force fair distribution.  The cartel in Spain is ridiculous, even Atletico will probably get ravaged in the summer window because they're hiding from the debt collectors.

The lengths that people on this forum go to discredit Barcelona's football are pretty amusing

Because it's boring. We get 5 yard passes for about 10 minutes until we get a shot on goal. They strangle the life out of a game. Let's not forget their cheating, they would go to any lengths to get a player sent off.

A lof of people seem to think this is how football should be played, i just find it boring as hell. Barcelona's style met it's match against Bayern last season, that was 1000x more entertaining to watch than anything Barcelona played.

Because it's boring. We get 5 yard passes for about 10 minutes until we get a shot on goal. They strangle the life out of a game. Let's not forget their cheating, they would go to any lengths to get a player sent off.

A lof of people seem to think this is how football should be played, i just find it boring as hell. Barcelona's style met it's match against Bayern last season, that was 1000x more entertaining to watch than anything Barcelona played.

Exactly, take the first 1 minutes of last nights game. They had the ball for almost the whole of the first 15 minutes yet didst create a single chance, not one attempt on goal worthy of the name. Keeping the ball for the sake of it is not "magical football" as its oft described, its boring and negative.

I could appreciate Barcelona at their height under Pep when you put aside all the diving and card waving.  It was almost hypnotic to watch.  As we all know that precision one touch passing isn't as easy as they made it look, and they could zip it around pretty quickly while they probed for a breach.  It wasn't my favourite style but I did admire the technical excellence and how well they recovered the ball.  How they had enough faith in their ability to play short one touch passes from the goalkeeper all the way out, even when pressed.  Certainly one of the most talented sides ever.  These days though, they look like Barca lite.  It's all a bit slower, less threatening, and frankly boring.  Playing against them is like playing a boa constrictor. 

Real Madrid won 3-0. Bale was on the score sheet with a tremendous strike. I believe that takes him into double figures in the league now. He seems to have been gun shy since he joined Madrid; not really taking players on and striking from outside the box as much, so hopefully this gives him a bit of confidence to take those chances when the opportunity arises. 

I cant for the life of me understand people rating Pique

Hes made to look decent because Barca arent put under pressure that often, but when hes actually forced to defend, hes hopeless.

His defending tonight was comical

The fact that this clown was selected in FIFPro team of the year in 2012 is proof that there is no god

Edited by Lane