Spanish La Liga Thread

enigma

I cant for the life of me understand people rating Pique

Hes made to look decent because Barca arent put under pressure that often, but when hes actually forced to defend, hes hopeless.

His defending tonight was comical

The fact that this clown was selected in FIFPro team of the year in 2012 is proof that there is no god

He's quite complacent against smaller sides but even when he's in top form I've never rated him anything more than a good defender.

Great game. Love watching both teams around the box; strikers making runs behind defenders, and quick, one-touch passing focused on getting the ball to them. A nice tonic to our "play it slowly to Ivanovic and wait for a cross".

Looking at Isco and Koke, not just this game but over the course of this season, i'd be surprised if either Mata or Silva get ahead of them come World Cup time. Isco certainly is just as talented but both players marry attacking flair with hard work.

The Best part of the match for me is when German Burgos starts yelling at the ref for giving Diego Costa a yellow card for diving. IMHO it was the 2nd legit PK shout by AM, but the ref was siding w/ Los Galaticos. If anyone missed it, check it out:

Great game. Love watching both teams around the box; strikers making runs behind defenders, and quick, one-touch passing focused on getting the ball to them. A nice tonic to our "play it slowly to Ivanovic and wait for a cross".

Looking at Isco and Koke, not just this game but over the course of this season, i'd be surprised if either Mata or Silva get ahead of them come World Cup time. Isco certainly is just as talented but both players marry attacking flair with hard work.

Nah, Isco won't be going to this world cup to be honest. Even then, Xavi & Iniesta will always start over Thiago, Koke, Silva etc as long as VdB is in charge even though Xavi is in noticeable decline and Iniesta's season has been so-so

It is definitely Real Madrid's title to lose this season. I am surprised that Barca have slipped up as much as they have to be honest. Real Madrid, although have looked shaky a few times themselves, seem to be the only ones with a bit of consistency at the moment. Athletico Madrid are doing well, but I think they will slip up along the way as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

El Classico tonight. Who thinks there will be more than 2 goals scored in this game? I think both teams are equally strong, maybe Real Madrid have a slight edge this year, but wouldn't rule out a Barca win. 

I'm going for a 3-2 win for Real Madrid with Bale getting on the scoresheet and an assist.