Ashley Cole's future

PloKoon13

Ashley Cole  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Ashley Cole?

• Sign him up
    • Let him go

Cole is arguably the best left back the club has ever seen, and one of the most consistent performers at a top level that I have seen in my lifetime. However he is also clearly in decline and Azpilicueta has deservedly ousted him as first-choice left back.

With persistent rumours linking us with young stars like Luke Shaw and Ricardo Rodriguez, youth products such as Bertrand, van Aanholt and Christian Cuevas coming through, as well as reports that there is interest in Cole from the MLS and Liverpool, is it time to let him move on?

Let him go if we sign Shaw (or keep Ryan but that seems unlikely), we need to keep at least a minimal English core in the team.

If he goes I highly doubt he'll stay in the PL. I think he'll go to a club in another huge city with a wild nightlife like Los Angeles, New York, Monaco...

Been a great player for us but its time to let him go.Even if we did offer him an extension im not sure he would sign given that he''s currently a backup player.I think he will go to the states.

There's a salary cap over here in the States so he'd have to take a massive pay cut. Doubt he'll come here. I could imagine him going to PSG or Monaco.

Let him go if we sign Shaw (or keep Ryan but that seems unlikely), we need to keep at least a minimal English core in the team.

Agreed! IF we sign Shaw!

Another point worth considering is the old guard and having that 'spine of experience' Chelsea have had for the past few years now. We need some (thinking of Cech, JT and Lamp) of the legends to remain at the club to guide the youngsters and educate them (on and off the field)on what it REALLY means to play for this club!! Performances like that against City surely is case in point!

Depends on who we sign. Im not so sure about Shaw. I think he could become a very good player but right now i think he is over rated by some.

How ever i am more than happy to have Dave play at left back as long as he is happy to play there.

If Ash wants to stay i would think he would have to take a big pay drop. As Jose said he will get better offers else where.

Agreed! IF we sign Shaw!

Another point worth considering is the old guard and having that 'spine of experience' Chelsea have had for the past few years now. We need some (thinking of Cech, JT and Lamp) of the legends to remain at the club to guide the youngsters and educate them (on and off the field)on what it REALLY means to play for this club!! Performances like that against City surely is case in point!

So long as Shaw comes in, I'm happy for Cole to go. He's been a brilliant servant for us, so consistent for years and unquestionably the best left-back in Europe over the last 6/7 years. But, as this season has revealed, his best days are long gone and it's time we looked to the future at LB.

Fwiw I'm happy for Dave to carry on there for the rest of the season but for next year we really need a left-footer there to give us more impetus attacking the flank.

I don't think anyone saw this coming. When we bought Dave I thought "good back-up for Ivan", but nothing more than a squad player.

But Ivan has been a beast this season, and the few times Cole has played he has been poor. I thought Dave at left-back was a temporary thing but it seems like that's where he will be playing for the foreseeable. Until Shaw arrives in the summer of course.

PVA will be sent on loan again or sold.

Cole doesn't seem to have a future. He should leave quietly and go to the USA and the MLS. Great servant, but his time is up.

Archived