Lukaku Verdict

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Everton fan in peace.

I've seen lots of people saying that Romelu should lead your line next year as he has done well at Everton.

Being perfectly honest, he's not good enough to own the line on a regular basis yet, he needs another one or even two years out on loan to a parent club.

I have been to about seven games this season (I come from Doncaster, so can't afford to go every week, although watch pretty much every game online) - and he just simply vanished in games. He may score goals, but in other aspects he's certainly no where near the likes of Drogba. 

Despite your problems with Torres, Fernando does add a lot of running to the team, assists etc (from what I've seen)... whereas Romelu has struggled with that aspect. He's big, strong and can pop a goal - but he's not the full package.

I don't want Martinez to spend £20,000,000 getting him next season & I certainly don't see him as a starting 11 player for Chelsea.

If we get Costa in, Lukaku can come back as second choice and learn from him.

Wouldn't want the petulant man-child Costa at The Bridge and think Lukaku will come back as a second striker, to a new signing.

If the rumors are true, and they rarely are, having Drogba back in a coaching staff / player might also do the trick in helping him develop!

Edited by ButchersHook

Everton fan in peace.

I've seen lots of people saying that Romelu should lead your line next year as he has done well at Everton.

Being perfectly honest, he's not good enough to own the line on a regular basis yet, he needs another one or even two years out on loan to a parent club.

I have been to about seven games this season (I come from Doncaster, so can't afford to go every week, although watch pretty much every game online) - and he just simply vanished in games. He may score goals, but in other aspects he's certainly no where near the likes of Drogba. 

Despite your problems with Torres, Fernando does add a lot of running to the team, assists etc (from what I've seen)... whereas Romelu has struggled with that aspect. He's big, strong and can pop a goal - but he's not the full package.

I don't want Martinez to spend £20,000,000 getting him next season & I certainly don't see him as a starting 11 player for Chelsea.

You know we can't personally sell him to you right ;)

To be fair your voicing what a lot of us feel on here. He's clearly got great natural attributes, and a lot of talent but he's a long way from the finished article. I personally would like to see him get a realistic idea of where he is and come back as a back up to who ever we get in to the lead the line next season. He will still get his fair share of games but he's still raw and needs to understand that himself.

the good thing is that stats and MOTD will have inflated his price to around 25-30 million

How does MOTD inflate his price jeebus his price will be high due to his age and the potential he has.

I expect him to be 2nd or 3rd choice depending on who we play. People forget Drogba was very raw in his first season in fact he was pretty average falling over crying like a little girl at times whining. If you had took a ballott of most fans they were not impressed it was only 10 and 12 league goals in his first and second season. So Romelu is more than ready to play for us in my view.

Agree that he isn't ready to be our 1st choice striker but he doesn't have to be. Everyone would be shocked if we didn't bring in a new striker this summer (Costa being the most likely). If Lukaku is happy not being a guaranteed starter than we should definitely bring him back.

He needs to realise that not many 21 year old strikers lead the line for top European teams, which is what Chelsea want to be. I don't think he's done enough to walk into our first team, I'm not sure what more he could offer against a packed defence anyway. If he wants to come back and fight for his place ill welcome him but if not I'd swap for Barkley if that's an option

He needs to realise that not many 21 year old strikers lead the line for top European teams, which is what Chelsea want to be. I don't think he's done enough to walk into our first team, I'm not sure what more he could offer against a packed defence anyway. If he wants to come back and fight for his place ill welcome him but if not I'd swap for Barkley if that's an option

I'd take that. He seems overly ambitious and even after the a World Cup I don't know if he'd want to play second fiddle.

To be honest I think Barkley will be a lot higher value than Lukaku (simply because he's English). So I can't see that happening.

Ross has scored three top quality goals, and clearly has talent. I wanted him in the Everton squad two years ago - but Moyes was in charge.

However he isn't a brilliant player on a regular basis, he is also one to go missing and looked very tired in various months of the season. He's much to learn and if he moved to any of the big four clubs, in my opinion, his career would be ruined because he would never be in the team (like Jeffers). If he stays at Everton for two more seasons, then I think he will be one of the best English players currently around.

Edited by Evertonized

To be honest I think Barkley will be a lot higher value than Lukaku (simply because he's English). So I can't see that happening.

Ross has scored three top quality goals, and clearly has talent. I wanted him in the Everton squad two years ago - but Moyes was in charge.

However he isn't a brilliant player on a regular basis, he is also one to go missing and looked very tired in various months of the season. He's much to learn and if he moved to any of the big four clubs, in my opinion, his career would be ruined because he would never be in the team (like Jeffers). If he stays at Everton for two more seasons, then I think he will be one of the best English players currently around.

Can we have him?  :biggrin:

Nice post from the OP, who raises some good points.

I think that we should get Lukaku back regardless or just let Everton have him. One or the other.

If the rumors that Drogba is coming back as a coach then he can mesh Lukaku into the behemoth he can be.

Gutted for you guys (Everton) not making top four this season. Quite fond of the blue half of Merseyside.

Nice post from the OP, who raises some good points.

I think that we should get Lukaku back regardless or just let Everton have him. One or the other.

If the rumors that Drogba is coming back as a coach then he can mesh Lukaku into the behemoth he can be.

Gutted for you guys (Everton) not making top four this season. Quite fond of the blue half of Merseyside.

this. Best of luck for next season though. 

He's not the finished product, no. But he's proven in spells at West Brom and now Everton that if you put him in the team, he will score goals. And goals is what we need from our strikers.

I feel like he thinks he is better than he is.

Nothing wrong with belief in your abilities. Over the past 20 years how many players of his age at 19 and 20 have had his goal return in England no more than a handful. I'm thinking Shearer, Fowler, Owen, Rooney not in bad company.

What Im most optimistic about is when I watch him play this year compared to last, its quite clear that he has improved his game. His link up play has improved tremendously imo. Hes not quite the finished product, but by the looks of it, he can be an excellent player in a couple of years.

I think the problem with Lukaku is that he will whine and complain if he's not first choice in whatever team he's in, regardless of whether he is ready or not. He thinks he's better than he is. There's no way he will be first choice for us next season so I wouldn't be surprised to see him loaned out again or even move on permanently.

I feel like he thinks he is better than he is.

31 goals in two seasons in the PL. I would say that is pretty good. Actually good enough for 4th best in the PL over that time. (Behind Suarez, RVP, and Sturridge) Yes not many 21 year olds lead the attack for top teams, but not many 21 year olds score the amount of goals he has had.

I'm not sure if he should be 1st choice but he sure deserves a shot. And he deserves a lot of game time next year.

And that would idiotic. It would be a clear message to how youth is handled at this club. The kid goes out and produces for two years in the same league and isn't given a shot?

Go to the everton board...

they don't even valuate him that high, its people that look at stats and not games that do..  

Go to the everton board...

they don't even valuate him that high, its people that look at stats and not games that do..

Well then why buy Costa? Why buy Cavani? Why buy Falcao? They produce!!! They have stats. That's how strikers are judged. We have judged Torres for how many years now based on his production, nothing else. We need to buy a new striker because the ones we have haven't produced. If we went by your theory we would stick with Eto'o and Torres. To say he is third choice just shows you know nothing about the game. Go back to the Liverpool board....