Kheidra Linked by ESPN

ozboy

Woodhogan :)

I agree it does depend on whether Khedira stays fit, but I think he is the sort of steely competitor arsenal have been missing for years. Could be the difference between a serious title challenge, and a 4th place finish.

This is a player that starts regularly for Real Madrid and Germany when fit and you don't rate him that much! No doubt some folks have high standards.

Regularly when fit? He has never started over 20 league games for them, not sure how regular that is. Khedira has been the weak link for Real Madrid for the last couple of years, whenever I watched him he has been poor. No ability to take the ball out of the defense, no athleticism, below average passer, not a danger in the final third, lacks discipline and positional awareness. Hes decent at a lot of things, good at very little. Thats my opinion on him and I would be very pleased if this was who Arsenal decided to spend money on to reinforce that dreadful DM spot of theirs. 

The agent of Sami Khedira has insisted his client is not in talks over a move to Arsenal or Chelsea.

“We are not in talks with Arsenal,” said Neubauer. “I don’t think a fee can have been agreed, otherwise I would have been told.

“When a club have an interest I am sure they will call me and we will speak about things. The same goes for Chelsea.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10971831/Sami-Khedira-is-not-in-talks-with-Arsenal-and-Chelsea-according-to-agent-Jorg-Neubauer.html

That's interesting, tbh were I him. I'd just stay for my last year and then go where I wanted on a free

He's free to go now anyway. Madrid isn't holding anything up. Why would he stay and play behind Kroos, Isco, Alonso and Modric?

He's not free, they'll still need to pay a transfer fee. Now he can wait for a year and go where he wants for free, more options that way.

So he sits on the Madrid bench for a year, basically decreasing his value and the amount of wage he would be offered? Makes sense.

Khedira would be a starter alongside Matic, I'm not sure why you are bringing up Chalobah and Baker, both are far away from beeing good enough and need to prove themself elsewhere first. Mikel, Ramires and MVG are also infront of them in the pecking order, however in my opinion we won't achive a dominant midfield with those players next season.

A poor argument because it forever moves the goalposts. Chalobah has excelled in youth football, in reserve football and now first team football in the Championship. We've seen with Sturridge and Lukaku now that proving yourself at another Premiership clubs merely moves the yardstick to "hasn't proved himself at Chelsea".

If the only acceptable yardstick is 'proving themselves at Chelsea' then logically the best thing to do is skip the bullsh*t steps and play them straight in the first team.

So he sits on the Madrid bench for a year, basically decreasing his value and the amount of wage he would be offered? Makes sense.

Doubtful he'd be in the bench all year, he'd probably be more likely to get the wages he wants as there'd be no transfer fee involved. We've seen lots of players pull this move.

Papers saying the man has an agreement with Arsenal and that we could make a late swoop for Khedira. We are probably willing to match his salary wishes...another day another rumour.

Yeah this is the thing the players agent debunks yesterdays rumour but today there's yet another tumour of him joining Arsenal but we could make a late swoop, sounds like papers making stuff up to me,

I'm just a bit "meh" about this rumour. I wouldn't be particularly bothered one way or the other if we got him. Part of me thinks he's excellent, another part of me thinks he's pretty erratic and a bit of a headless chicken. Can't make my mind up about the bloke.

"Chelsea are prepared to sell Nigeria midfielder John Mikel Obi, 27, as they plan a move for Real Madrid and Germany midfielder Sami Khedira, 27, who is also a target for Arsenal." -Daily Express.

I'd be open to this. It's the Express so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. I can sense a Willian situation again, he has his medical at Arsenal and we swoop in :laugh2:

Not that I believe anything written in the Fun but it has an article on Arsenal's bid for Khedira and it says they've pulled out of a move for Remy due to wage demands, wonder if we should go for him as backup to Costa, if he'd be willing to be second choice and of course depending on what happens with Lukaku,

"Chelsea are prepared to sell Nigeria midfielder John Mikel Obi, 27, as they plan a move for Real Madrid and Germany midfielder Sami Khedira, 27, who is also a target for Arsenal." -Daily Express.

I'd be open to this. It's the Express so I'll take it with a pinch of salt. I can sense a Willian situation again, he has his medical at Arsenal and we swoop in :laugh2:

This rumour is pinpointed to Chelsea fans. We'd get rid of Mikel, get a fresh World Cup winning star and show the finger to Arsenal fans all at the same time. Too good to be true.

I'd take Khedira. He is no headless chicken. Actually that description of him is the worst I've heard of him as he is very disciplined. I'd actually worry he is too disciplined if anything...

This rumour is pinpointed to Chelsea fans. We'd get rid of Mikel, get a fresh World Cup winning star and show the finger to Arsenal fans all at the same time. Too good to be true.

I'd take Khedira. He is no headless chicken. Actually that description of him is the worst I've heard of him as he is very disciplined. I'd actually worry he is too disciplined if anything...

I strongly disagree. I mean hes fine for a box to box midfielder, but its a problem when hes asked to play DM. He constantly leaves space behind him to be exploited. If we are expecting him to play more as a box to box midfielder together with Matic, or ina midfield 3 I think we have a lot better options already on the roster. Hell, Id even prefer Ramires over him in that role.

Archived