Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Right, I don't really play fifa, I usually get it and play it for a while but its just not my game. Now, I am going a mates for a fifa comp on the 18th, and as the only Chelsea fan I need to play well for the good of the club. So, hints, tips, cheats etc.

Sorry Zola, didn't see you had posted the same bloody thing. Don't mean to steal your question.

Edited by dkw

I always set up with

------------Courtois------------

Ivan-----Cahill-----Terry-----Luis

-----------Cesc-------Matic-----

Willian--------Oscar---------Hazard

-----------Costa--------

I leave Salah on the bench as he is rapid and if you are chasing a goal late on then 100% bring him on and he will run riot.

The way we are set up we are great on the counter, so no doubt they will go the Madrid’s Barca’s and Bayerns…that plays into your hands straight away Zola…you can soak up pressure and hit them on the counter with the speed of Willain and Hazard. I’d also recommend taking a few long shots as Costa is deadly with them in my game.

Dribbling is key too, try not to sprint everytime you have the ball but use the dribble of Oscar, Hazard ect to turn the defender THEN sprint.

I like putting Hazard as the no.10 myself. You get the ball to him a lot more and he can wreak havoc more often that way!

Really like Diego Costa, almost as much of a beast on the game as in real life!

I'd like to play Hazard centrally but to fit in Oscar (who is a fantastic dribbler in this) I really need to play Hazard on the wing.

Fabregas is really slow in this game so I don't really play him in the AM position, just keep him central midfield.

My Chelsea Eleven is:

Courtois

Azpi (rb)

Ivanovic

Cahill

Luis

Matic

Fabregas

Willian

Oscar

Hazard

Costa

Terry is way to slow for online and head to heads. Opposition wingers just fly past him.

Match day live has seen Fabregas up to 86, Costa up to 88, Hazard to 89, Terry to 85 and Ivanovic to 83.

A few games in to my Chelsea manager career.

Costa has just broke his toe and is out for two months and Dave and Luis were both injured in preseason and are only now gaining match fitness so I've been playing Zouma as a make shift left back.

Struggling to score more than a goal a game at present, keepers seem to stop everything I throw at them.

A few games in to my Chelsea manager career.

Costa has just broke his toe and is out for two months and Dave and Luis were both injured in preseason and are only now gaining match fitness so I've been playing Zouma as a make shift left back.

Struggling to score more than a goal a game at present, keepers seem to stop everything I throw at them.

Which difficulty are you playing on?

Guest RFC_CFC

I'm starting to struggle in my Career...games are scheduled so unrealistcally!

I have a game on Friday in EPL then again on Sunday? That never happens in real life lol.

Need to bring in 2-3 players to help as everyone is exhausted.

I'm just going into January just now and I need a LB and LW.

I brought in Pogba and Rabiot in the summer while selling Mikel.

Guest RFC_CFC

If only.

I'm reluctant to buy as I remember in FIFA 14 at the end of the season about 10 players came back from loan and I was overrun with players lol.

I was quoted 27 million for Barkley and he's not even that great on it. Might try Sterling but doubt I'll have enough

Guest RFC_CFC

I think I only have £26 million left in the kitty...He will be more than that probably I reckon.

If I got him that would mean i could push Hazard to the centre of attacking mid. Oscar has been injured for ages and had to play Cesc there but he's too slow to be effective in that position for me.

Also Oscar knocked back a contract extension so I have a feeling he will want to leave.

Is professional not a bit too easy? I'm playing a Career Mode with Hull City and I'm on World Class, not doing too shabby right now with 12 points out of the first 6 games.. I may add having all 20 PL stadiums adds a whole other dimension to career mode, it's a million times the experience.. nextgen kicking in nicely.

Guest RFC_CFC

Is professional not a bit too easy? I'm playing a Career Mode with Hull City and I'm on World Class, not doing too shabby right now with 12 points out of the first 6 games.. I may add having all 20 PL stadiums adds a whole other dimension to career mode, it's a million times the experience.. nextgen kicking in nicely.

Not really I can win 4-0 against Liverpool then get f**ked 3-1 by Stoke lol

On world class every player acts like Messi dribbling past you and keeping possession like Barca....it's just not enjoyable or realistic

Edited by RFC_CFC

Ah makes sense.. maybe I play too much so I'm used to it, once you get the hang of how to play against it it's not that difficult, even though I do enjoy playing on Professional more, it doesn't present enough of a challenge for me which means I get bored easy if I win every game 2-0, the AI doesn't play that bad but I rarely see a shot on goal from it, on World Class I have to concentrate more on trying to win which makes winning a lot sweeter in the end, the occasional stepback also keeps me motivated to move forward and keep playing.

Guest RFC_CFC

I dunno I just feel as I’m playing as Chelsea I am expected to win and dominate most of the teams I play which is true on professional level…I of course get a few defeats, draws too so it’s more realistic that way to me given who I am playing as.

I suppose it’s what you want from the game, if you want a real challenge then upping the level is good however if you want a true to life experience then the prof level is pretty realistic IMO.

Small gripe with the game, the CPU clears the ball into touch way too much for my liking.

Crossing from wide areas still seems the easiest way to attack for me, playing through the middle I find my striker gets closed down and tackled as soon as they touch the ball.

Huh.. I dont' find crosses effective at all in this game, mostly I either run down the wings and cut in and smack the poor bar stewards with a couple of skill moves or try to pass through the middle, which is a bit more difficult.

Crosses however were my main source of goals in FIFA 13, can't seem to find the net with them ever since nextgen, not concerned though as I think I play much more beautiful this way, although if you have Hazard/Willian on the wings and Costa in the middle, crossing might be a good idea.