Celebrity fans CFC

page58

Hi

Shrewsbury fan in peace. I write an article for our award-winning matchday magazine every home game entitled 'Celebrity Interview,' where we interview a celebrity guest from the opposing club. As you might imagine, it's not always easy to find a 'name' from a L2 club but we've done ok with David Lloyd (Accrington), Nick Owen (Luton) and Jake Humphrey (Norwich) for the recent cup tie.

So... onto the Blues and there's quite a list to choose from. Can anyone possibly put me in touch with a celeb they might know, who would be willing to oblige please? If necessary, I could send a pdf so the guest would be able to see an example of the finished article.

We're really looking forward to hosting you - be gentle with us please!

Many thanks,

Martin

Joking apart, and I don't know if one of our ex-players would fit your remit, but I reckon you may have a good chance of Pat Nevin replying if you contact him through pat.nevin@chelseafc.com

Other than that, like others, sadly I don't know the contact details of any of our celeb fans - Steven Redgrave seems like a nice bloke, try him!  You could try contacting him through his facebook page - you never know! (And he is a proper fan who attends matches rather than a lip-service fan).

Weller (apparently).... I wish I knew him!

Weller isn't massively into football. I know he was asked what team he supported and he gave the Chelsea answer but I don't think he's ever been to a game!

Phil Daniels would be good though. Goes to most games (when he's not acting) and does the Chelsea Podcast.

Weller isn't massively into football. I know he was asked what team he supported and he gave the Chelsea answer but I don't think he's ever been to a game!

Phil Daniels would be good though. Goes to most games (when he's not acting) and does the Chelsea Podcast.

Yeah you don't often hear him mention Chelsea/football if at all!

Phil Daniels is a good shout.

I could be wrong but i think i read somewhere that in Strange Town the line '' You've got to walk and talk in four four time'' came from Weller's memories of Stamford Bridge.

Can't speak highly enough for wee pat- never worked that moniker out by way. Did he have a weak bladder? However do ex players really count as celebrity fans?

Dennis Waterman perhaps. By the way does anyone know if his old sparring partner George Cole was a Chelsea fan? Both are South Londoners- waterman from Elms Rd in Clapham and George Cole originates from Tooting. Ps as Arthur Daley he'd had fitted in perfectly at the Bridge- 70s and 80s. There were lots of self made men in the East Middle smoking big cigars and wearing camel coats. Didn't Mears sometimes wear a fur coat?

Archived