Questions From Newcastle Fans

YCCMY

Hi again. I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask oppositions fans questions to use in our pre match build up. The questions are:

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
2 – Is there anything in these Messi to Chelsea rumours or do you think he's just flexing his muscles because the Barca board are still yet to fulfill his request of sacking the manager? 
3 – Are you confident of winning the league? How many trophies can you win this year?
4 – How good to you think Eden Hazard can be/is?
5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?
7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
8 – Should Loic Remy get a bigger role in your side considering his impact when he has played?
9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider?
10 – Scoreline prediction?

Thanks in advance!

Chelsea 1st, I still believe we will win it

Newcastle somewhere around mid table

2 – Is there anything in these Messi to Chelsea rumours or do you think he's just flexing his muscles because the Barca board are still yet to fulfill his request of sacking the manager?

Nope just paper talk

3 – Are you confident of winning the league? How many trophies can you win this year?

I think two trophies League and League Cup

Right now he's a good player but he needs to score more

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?

We had this one last time gotta be JT

6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign?

I think it would help us greatly if we sorted out our right wing, no idea who

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?

Oreo

8 – Should Loic Remy get a bigger role in your side considering his impact when he has played?

Yes and I think he will get more games now, could be massively important come the end of the season

Not sure tbh now Pardew has gone you seem like you lack an identity

3-0 Chels

1. Hopefully top of the pile! We have the easier fixtures but City are a great side so will make it tough. Possibly a midtable finish of 11th with a new manager. If you make some good signings etc then next season could be a good one for you.

2. I think it would be interesting were we to activate his release clause but at the end of the day I don't think we will and he'll stay at Barca.

3. Yes due to our fixture list. We only have to go to Arsenal of the bigger sides. I reckon 2. The League and the Capital One Cup. Would love the FA Cup too but not too sure and with the Champions League Real Madrid will take some stopping!

4. One of the best players in the world. I'd rather have him for the rest of his career with us than sign Messi personally. Defenders struggle massively against him. He's got the skills that Zola possessed at the Bridge and the way he eases past opponents is sensational.

5. Alan Shearer. Without sucking up to you Toon fans he was a world class striker and he comes across as a really really nice guy. Some of the goals he scored in the black and white shirt were brilliant. Fernando Torres esque! Well... Gary Neville as well simply because when we had lunch, I reckon I could talk to him for hours on end. A proper nice guy who knows his stuff.

6. Erm possibly a winger. Marco Reus would be class even though he's injured but to bring him in for the future seasons would make us one of the most feared attacking line ups in the world if it isn't already! Maybe a central defender but tbh I think we're fine.

7. Chocolate digestive. Because everyone loves us really haha.

8. I think he's a top top player. I love Didier and he has made an impact in some games but I'd prefer to give Remy more game time. Keep him happy and in form and he can be lethal. His movement is world class and he has a great shot on him.

9. Well... you bar stewards are a problem when we play you at your place! No idea what it is but we just don't turn up! You've had a limited amount of good games this season. What a shock that one of those was against us! I think there is a problem in the way that the problem is Ashley. He's in it for the money imo and that's the main thing though he played a blinder selling the naming rights of your ground, only to then make the fans vaguely happy again by selling the rights again but back to St James' Park! You're a club which hasn't performed too well of late but has potential.

10. Sorry to say but we're quite good against you at home... 3-1 to Chelsea.

1) 1st, hopefully. Think it's gonna be unbearably close. As far as Newcastle is concerned, I can't predict the unpredictable. If you'll had gotten Pulis, I would've probably said 8th or 9th.

2) Most Chelsea fans have had a good laugh about how ridiculous the rumours are, but deep down I'm sure there's a tiny glimmer of hope in all (or most) of us that there's something to it. Realistically, though? Not gonna happen.

3) Not as confident as I was before the season started. Think we could win 2 - League Cup + PL.

4) He's probably in the Top 5 of the Premier League right now. His finishing is his only real weakness but it's been much improved lately. Once he becomes clinical in front of goal, and I think he has the talent to do so, he could be amongst the top 3 in world football. Might take a couple of years though.

5) I don't have a spare room. I guess I'd put Luis Suarez in my kennel.

6) I don't think it would be a disaster if we didn't sign anyone in January, but as mentioned above, our right wing has been an issue with Willian's lack of end product and Schurrle's lack of consistency. Would like Marco Reus, but it seems unlikely.

7) Seabiscuit (I can't think of a biscuit).

8) Yes. He's been excellent considering the meagre playing time he's received. Can't be easy for a striker to come on for a few minutes here and there and make an impact. Drogba has done a job for us when required, but he isn't what he was, and we look much more fluent in attack with either Costa or Remy up top. Unfortunately, I don't think Mourinho trusts him yet. Hopefully that'll change, even if it means him playing on the right wing. We need another clinical goalscorer when teams defend deep against us and Remy can be that guy.

9) I like you'll because most of the Newcastle fans I know are decent lads. Plus, I've been impressed with Ayoze Perez the few times I've seen him and for whatever reason, I want Jack Colback to do well. I do not like you'll because you'll keep beating us regardless of league form.

10) Hoping to give you'll a battering, but I think it'll be a tight game. 2-0 or 2-1 to Chelsea.

Chelsea 1st

Newcastle - Entirely depends on who you bring in as manager but im going to say 11th.

Balderdash.

Yes still think we can win it. I think we could win all 3 domestic cups but depends on the draw RE: FA Cup. I dont think we will win the CL.

In the top 7 players in the world right now. Could be a future Ballon D'or winner with or without chelsea.

Gianfranco Zola... No need to explain.

Perhaps a right winger/attacker and a centre half. Reus and Varane/Hummels.

Ginger Nut - Hated,Adored & Never Ignored.

Deserves to start more but Costa wont be dropped so fully depends on Jose playing 2 strikers.

For a club with a huge fanbase and passion for the game you really have under achieved in the past 60 years. Trouble is your owner isnt interested in raising the profile/trophy return for Newcastle he is only interested in his wallet.

2-0 Chelsea

In the top 2 …… going to go to the last game I reckon

Depends on who is coming in for you lot as manager . Don’t fully understand why Pardew went when he did odd timing ?

Spends Xmas with his mate , who happens to live in London , enter the press 2+2= 198457895412365271.14

No

Depends how many finals we get to ………..

Top Draw he is quality on the ball and he just seems to ghost past players which is a pleasure to watch

Just one ?? I want Greavsie , Gazza , Osgood and Best when they were all on the gravy ……..reckon we would have some excellent parties !!

Someone who can cross the ball from the right

Rich Tea obviously ??

Yes and he will

Ridiculously unrealized potential , with the fan base and desire for the team to do well should never be outside the top 6.Bad Chairman , bad managers and bad players have been your recent downfall. I actually think Andre Villa Boas would be a good fit for you , a young hungry manager who wants to prove himself

3-1

1 – Where do you think you’ll finish this season? What about Newcastle?  Top 2.  Top Half

2 – Is there anythg in these Messi to Chelsea rumours or do you think he's just flexing his muscles because the Barca board are still yet to fulfill his request of sacking the manager?  Nonsense.  He'll do a Rooney and get a larger contract.

3 – Are you confident of winning the league? How many trophies can you win this year?  I think we could, I'm not sure we will.  1 of the Cups (FA of CoC)

4 – How good to you think Eden Hazard can be/is?  Can be top player in Europe and one of teh best in the League.  Think we'll need to win big, and soon, to keep him.

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?  C Ronaldo, he could make sure I looked pretty.

6 – Do you need to do any business in January? If so, who would you like to sign? I don't think we'll sign anyone.  Maybe get rid of Salah on a loan, and possibly Schurrle but I don't see the latter happening.  If we do get shot of Salah, I'd like to see us bring in a couple of younger lads to make up the numbers.

7 – If your club was a biscuit, what biscuit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Peek Frean Trotsky Assortment

8 – Should Loic Remy get a bigger role in your side considering his impact when he has played?  Yes, I'd rather see him used more in the cup games, and as a sub more.  He's a good player with a fantastic record for scoring

9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle United as an outsider? Nutters, in the best way possible.  Your owner can down a pint like a champ

10 – Scoreline prediction? 1-0

Numero uno. We have the best first XI in the league and have had a superb injury record for many years. The key I feel is that we have the easiesr fixtures compared to City.

Newcastle right now would be a big guess but I'd say around 12th.

I would be lying if I said I didn't hope there was something to it, but realistically I don't think anything will come of it.

Absolutely. As I've said: Best first XI, low chance of injuries, best manager, and easier fixtures than our rivals.

I think we can win anything and everything given the quality of the team and manager. I can realistically see us winning 2 trophies.

I think he is great already. Up there with the best in the world. He is without a doubt our most influential player this season. 

I think he can improve quite a bit by becoming more clinical (Jose has mentioned as much) and we've seen signs of it happening already.

Ronaldo (striker). We could play beach soccer together and get fat(ter) as we get older.

No need, but the squad as a whole isn't as strong as it could be. Midfield and defensive cover are possibilities.

I would like to think so, but can't fault Drogba and Costa's contributions. 

Always something of a mess over the last few years. Some real stability needed and it would be good to see everyone pulling in the right direction for the good of the club.

3-1 Chelsea.

Sadly 2nd

You 10tb

He's started following a couple of Chelsea players on Instragram?? Already follows City players. None story. Can't see him playing in England

We'll win at least 1

Best in this league now, could be best in world.

Peter Beardsley - he'd be no threat to our marriage, from what I've seen :)

A right winger

Fruit Club biscuit.... produced from ingredients from all cultures to provide top quality, even if the chocolate is thinner now :)

Yes

Can produce good results (as we found out), but not consistent

2-0

Hi again. I'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask oppositions fans questions to use in our pre match build up. The questions are:

Top Two. You lot, I dunno. Could see a slight implosion with Pardew gone but most likely comfortably mid-table.
Stranger things have happened but I'm firmly in the camp that this is far too fantastical to believe. Financially I can't see it.
Four. How many will we win I dunno. League Cup is definitely on and Jose loves an early cup win. FA Cup is still full of big-hitters. Champions League requires massive luck. The league is the big one though and we're starting again level with City. We let them back into it but if we can get our away form in order then we should have enough.
I've questioned his desire in the past but in the Spurs match he showed a fire that I've not seen before. On his day he's unplayable and as good as anyone bar Ronaldo/Messi. It's the consistency he needs but he can easily be one of the best in the world.
Hmm. Great question. Le Saux probably, just because I'd like a lodger who was clean, quiet and respectful. Boring but I'm being pragmatic. 
A right winger like Reus would do nicely but January is a tough time to buy. After the Matic signing last year I'm just sitting back waiting to be surprised by the club. 
Rich Teas. No-one particularly likes them and they've got rich in the title.
Probably but Costa has been in great form and when he got injured, Remy did too. Then Drogba actually came in and did a job so it's hard to say when he should've played. I think a few fans want him to play alongside Costa as either a second-striker or right-winger simply because we don't get enough there from Schurrle or Remy.
The best-run, badly-run club in England. You have a pretty awful chairman yet keep digging up gems. You're tough to play against then roll over the next week. 
Hopefully a win to us but it'll be tricky. If we get an early goal then I expect us to get quite a few more. If not then it could be a banana skin.
Thanks in advance!
Enjoy the match

1st. Newcastle probably about 7th.
Nothing to it, although I can dream!
Less confident than I was when we had an 8 point lead, but still pretty confident. Hoping for the league and a cup.
He can be the best once Messi declines through age. He really is that good.
Anyone but Messi! /CleaningHumour
No need for any transfers, although if we could get Varane I'd bite your hand off.
One of those fancy French ones!
He'll get more chances as the season wears on, I'd expect him to be more prominent next season though realistically.
I've always had a soft spot for the toon. You guys just need an owner who isn't a joke, and you'll be back where you belong.
3-0 Chelsea

Thanks in advance!

Chelsea top 2 is a given but a lot depends on the visit of City, we could be playing catch up if they come here and we go out believing we are going to win every home game, I wouldn't write us off if we lose it and would expect to go on a huge unbeaten run if we did but watching their results and waiting for a slip up will be nerve wrecking.

Newcastle... somewhere around 8th or 9th

I don't think he'd get many starts here, one trick pony :biggrin:

I'm confident we're good enough but City are good enough as well and they will spend again to strengthen.

I expect at least one trophy though as some of our football has been superb and it would be a travesty not to capitalise on it.

He's a great player, he has adapted to Jose's style and defends/tracks back very well which is a big addition to his overall game, to improve on his end product as well as that over the short course of time Jose has been back would take a special player...I think that's what he is.

Frank Lampard, lying snakey bar steward, the missus would kill me if I chose anyone else...seriously, maybe Dennis Wise.

I think it's so difficult to change our first eleven that we don't even know if our fringe players are good enough and bringing someone else in means that player has to be a top top player and not a bit more decent back up, decent back up can soon look like a waste of money if they don't instantly perform and we've got that already.

Nice :wink:

I think he's getting a fair crack considering Drogba and Costa have both played well and are rightly first and second in the pecking order, Jose will use him right and likely more towards the end of the season if we stay in competitions.

Not sure what you mean about outsider? for what? they are a top 6 team to me on fan base, squad and everything bar consistency, wouldn't bet on them to win anything bar their annual home game against us though :sad: .

2-0 Chels

Enjoy the game.

I'd still like to say first but we're going to need to raise our level after our dodgy December. As for Newcastle, top half, on the provision that Mike Ashley doesn't get his new manager from the Sports Direct bargain bucket.

None at all. It's pure paper talk and I hope Abramovich has learnt his lesson after his last big-money signing. *cough* Torres *cough*

Less confident than the start of season but it can still be done. We should be within a shout of all the domestic cups but the Champions League is a bit out of reach. Mind you, I thought the same in 2012.

Eden's easily the best player we've got and a real joy to watch week after week. He just needs to score a bit more really.

Carlo Ancelotti. He's the king of cool.

We could do with an upgrade on the right wing but I don't see anyone available this month. Alexis Sanchez would be nice!

A hobnob. Strong, dependable and won't cave under pressure (unless it's up against Tottenham).

I though he'd get more minutes than he has done when Loic first signed. If he can do a job on the right wing then all good!

Not much, if I'm honest. Your owner has no ambition so as a result I don't see a lot there. Joe Kinnear was always a good laugh as an outsider.

No manager, no Cisse, no Tiote, no problem! We need a reaction after the Spurs debacle, 4-0.

Thanks for the questions!

I'll say 1st spot to sound optimistic but I have a gut feeling at this stage we will finish 2nd just behind Manchester City however I hope I'm wrong. Newcastle will finish 11th in my view! The loss of Pardew may hurt in the short-term. 

I don't believe it especially with FFP in place now! I think it's just rumours from the media at best!

My confidence has decreased somewhat after an inconsistent December but there's always some form of confidence that we can do it but it'll go down to the wire between us and Manchester City.

We're still in all competitions at the moment so we can win any of them. I'd love to win the League Cup which would give the team a massive lift like it did back in 2005 under Mourinho also. 

Eden's a phenomenal player and I consider him almost elite now! He's a special player with great technical skills and he knows how to lift the team when it's down! Great player all round. 

John Terry! He's the heart and soul of Chelsea Football Club!

There's not any urgent need to do any business as our squad is quite balanced at the moment but I would consider looking at Marco Reus who would be an upgrade to both Willian and Schurrle.

Mark Schwarzer is gone now and don't be surprised to see Salah sold or loaned out this January after a lack of opportunities in the first team.

Not a biscuit man myself!

Yes I think Remy deserves more chances than he's receiving at the moment. Every time he plays he always manages to find the scoresheet or poses a major threat in front of goal. Costa will always be number one and Drogba is a legend but I find that Remy needs more opportunities. He's played well when he's afforded the opportunity to prove his worth. 

Newcastle had a great run in October and November but seemed to burn out in December and with the loss of Alan Pardew who's moved to Crystal Palace I wonder how much that will affect the team. I understand Pardew wasn't a popular figure at Tyneside but I always thought he did a good job for Newcastle despite internal problems within the club. 

At home I'm much more confident than I was when we played Newcastle away from home so I'm predicting:

Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

• 4 weeks later...

Archived