Chelsea really are on the brink of a crisis

Chippy

Crisis looms.

Results up to date this season have been unacceptable for a team of defending Champions, Performances have done little to suggest improvement with players struggling for form and weak links all over the park.

Crisis? not for me but something that needs sorting sooner rather than later, the international break means for the second time this season we have to hope the answers come with the extra time on the training ground.

The real crisis that looms over our club is after the statement issued, so often a warning sign to managers this one should be a warning to our fans, a warning that the owner in his wisdom may have learned little from the last eleven years and be about to repeat a mistake that makes the repeated starting of Ivanovic look like a brilliant tactical masterstroke.

There might not be much time left, I urge anyone on the fence about Jose leaving to think about the options, think about what he's done for us and every club he's managed, think about the feeling you'd have if he was in the dugout of another premiership team and get fully behind him in the knowledge that he really wants to stay long term and the belief he will turn this round and given time, take us to the next level.

We may have to be patient and it may be a two steps forward, one step back progression but bringing in another manager would likely mean two steps back for one step forward.

I don't aim this post at the opposition fans who have signed up as Chelsea fans to spread unrest or the newbies who have signed up to slag him off because they genuinely don't like him for his smug personna or because they believe he is over rated, this is purely for people who are confused by his sudden slip from confident winner to a vulnerable human being who makes mistakes and loses the confidence of others like a real human being, I urge you remember that form is temporary and class is permanent...never has a saying been more apt.

I know there isn't much we can do to help Roman and the board avoid repeating the mistake and I'm not asking for petitions to be signed or banners to be made, just if only in thanks for the good times Jose has brought us (his first stint here is what really put us on the map) get behind him when he needs it.

If you're at the Villa game sing his name loud and clear, when the team is announced whoever starts applaud it and keep it loud until the end, don't be swayed by the nay sayers and keep your support for our manager through thick and thin, it can only be good for the club to stick with him through his temporary form dip.

This one is purely aimed at people on the fence, asking them to think again and come down on the managers side, I thought it deserved its own thread,

If you've got a problem with it, don't read it.

So basically you created a topic for only specific people to post in? Good luck with that. Why you couldn't post in an existing 'crisis' thread I don't know.

So basically you created a topic for only specific people to post in? Good luck with that. Why you couldn't post in an existing 'crisis' thread I don't know.

It was aimed at specific people, not for specific people to post in as people who detest him are welcome to post...for me it's just to try to get anyone a bit undecided to think again.

I dont need to explain to you why I started another thread, try to live with it.

I'd much rather read a good thought out post like this than some of the trash written in the other threads. Good post, Jose comes with negatives but I feel like all his positives outweigh anything negative he will say or do.

This is a thread aimed at the fans and their level of support during our current situation. 

This isn't a thread specifically about whether Jose should or shouldn't stay. 

It's independent of that topic. 

Bitching about topics being started doesn't achieve anything. Don't like the topic? Don't post in it. Take issue with the topic, report it to the admin team and let them determine whether it should be locked/merged or if it is in fact warranting of its own thread. 

If forum users feel there are too many threads about the same thing the extra threads die a natural death and one thread becomes the hub for the point of debate. 

Good post Chippy. Agree with every word.

Mourinho gets sacked and another Premiership team will snap him up. That Premiership team might be Tottenham, it might be Arsenal, it might be Utd, it might be West Ham, we don't know but he will go somewhere, and when he does, he will make them immeasurably better.

Careful what you wish for folks.

By the way, if any gooner newbie asking for Jose to be sacked responds to this post by telling us Arsenal would never have him, remember, they're just a simple gooner newbie, and we should take what they say with a pinch of salt.

:josefan:

At the risk of stating the obvious, I always thought we would hit a really bad patch as the old nucleus of the team faded away. Lampard, Drogba, Cech etc. Players like Ashley Cole who was imo World class, and now JT is only going to be peripheral. We have to accept that the old boys who could get us over the line more or less with any manager in charge, are gone.

This is a cyclical thing and although there is no rational explanation for the loss of form of players like Hazard and Ivanovich, to get rid of our best ever manager would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. Just because rival fans and certain journo's are gloating there is no need to hit the panic button.

Its no good  those of us who remember the pain of relegation and deep, deep joy of promotion, railing against fans who've never experienced it, they're frightened, bless 'em. And if you strip away all the media hyperbole, and remember how far we've come over the past 20 years this is a blip and I personally believe the only manager to get us out of it is Mourinho.

The stark truth is that as good as Klopp and Guardiola are, they have never experienced the unique challenge of managing in the Premier League, say we got one of them (not that I'd want to) and they didn't hit the ground running. What then sack the manager again ? Van Gaal didn't exactly set the Premiership alight last year.

I sometimes forget how great Mourinho  was/is, I take it for granted that with him in charge we win things. But I don't have a sense of entitlement about it.

Anyway I'm rambling like a Scouser on Giro day, and should the unthinkable happen, imagine how great we'd be in the Championship ::ChELSeAFaN::

^^^ word salad.

Nah, in all seriousness, paragraph one is almost word for word what I said in the summer. De Bruyne was the ideal replacement for Lampard and when City started showing an interest I could have cried.

Ivanovic was showing signs of wear and tear last season and I was shot down by many for saying he should be nowhere near the first team pre season.

Cahill is suspect without Terry but he's still decent. What defender wouldn't be though? Terry is an absolute dynasty and the best defender of my lifetime besides Maldini, Nesta and Cannavaro. Terry should have been Italian.

If Jose is given the money and time, as you mentioned, there is no one better. He's in new territory now; a struggling team with players who look half-arsed. He will turn it around if given the chance and it would be absolutely criminal to sack him.

If we sack Jose and Liverpool sign Klopp........

Yeah, don't even.

Don't merge - Chippy has got this spot on. The time has come to draw a line in the sand and, if this is going to be the ‘another Jose’ topic that does it, that’s fine by me. Fact (as someone once said more than once) - no matter the type of supporter you are, young, old, new, gnarled, season ticket holder or armchair viewer, we all have the best interests of the club at heart. But when fans say they have had enough of Jose they should be prepared to put up [reasons why] or shut up - stand up and be counted. Especially those that go to games - are they really on the point of booing another poor performance, if one comes along, or call for Jose’s head (thereby confirming Media belief that he’s lost the plot and will inevitably lose his job) Or will it just be a case of returning home after game-long quiet frustration, and once more on to the forum breaches to fight… but who, exactly? 

Moreover, scoffing that you can’t have too many Jose threads [Jose or Jose, tee-hee] warrants the reply that the true supporter certainly can, and in times like these they should all be choc full of comments full tilt in praise of a man that has done more for this club than any other manager in our history. Cue those who will be quick to call this blind faith displayed deep into the third [season syndrome] world - yet it isn’t and we’re not. But rest assured, we could be, and we pretty soon will be, if we fall for all this blatant Media misrepresentation and voice any form of dissent in numbers. 

Indeed, it probably wouldn’t take vast numbers, a few frustrated newbies in close proximity to Sky microphones would suffice - just ask Didier if you want some increased-volume clarification on that one. It is part and parcel of what we’ve been up against for years, it goes with the Chelsea territory in so many ways, and we as fans should be supportive, comment after comment, chant after chant, shoulder to shoulder with the guy on the front line who is copping all the flak.  

The sort of support you guys give to Jose when he isn't doing the right thing is the reason why Jose wont ever drop Ivanovic and Fabregas till we are relegated. He knows even if he gets us relegated many people will still clap for him based on past achievements. I don't blame anyone though. We all just want the best for this team!

The sort of support you guys give to Jose when he isn't doing the right thing is the reason why Jose wont ever drop Ivanovic and Fabregas till we are relegated. He knows even if he gets us relegated many people will still clap for him based on past achievements. I don't blame anyone though. We all just want the best for this team!

Maybe it's also why he came back and already won us another league double....

Archived