Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueblur

Pokémon Go!

Blimey. I saw the news item about two US guys walking off a cliff catching Pokemon but murder? Jeez.

I don't get it, what's the link between the murder of that boy and playing Pokemon?

I don't get it, what's the link between the murder of that boy and playing Pokemon?

I think it's the suggestion that he put himself in a dangerous situation (unknown private property) due to game. There are reports of people being mugged after chasing Pokemon into "bad" areas.

I think it's the suggestion that he put himself in a dangerous situation (unknown private property) due to game. There are reports of people being mugged after chasing Pokemon into "bad" areas.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/30/three-pokemon-go-players-robbed-of-phones-at-gunpoint-in-london

Not even bad areas!

I do think the link is a bit tenuous though. Phones get stolen all the time - it just happens they were playing that game.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jul/30/three-pokemon-go-players-robbed-of-phones-at-gunpoint-in-london

Not even bad areas!

I do think the link is a bit tenuous though. Phones get stolen all the time - it just happens they were playing that game.

Perhaps it is the case that some players get so caught up in the game their instincts are reduced and they end up in situations they might otherwise avoid? Good point re. it likely being just another mugging.

Caught a Dragonite back when i was a level 8 and looking back it annoys me how low CP it is, if only i'd caught it a bit later into the game.

It might have a decent IV (Individual Values) despite its low CP. You probably caught that Dragonite when its level is low.

IVs matter as they could lead to a high CP Pokemon when it is maxed out with Stardust power-ups.

Here's one way to check

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator

It might have a decent IV (Individual Values) despite its low CP. You probably caught that Dragonite when its level is low.

IVs matter as they could lead to a high CP Pokemon when it is maxed out with Stardust power-ups.

Here's one way to check

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/tools/iv-calculator

The issue with that is that it requires dratini candy to power up and i've never seen any where i live.

Not as fun now they've banned all the pokemon finding maps.

I don't have time to wander around the town for hours searching for something, especially when the built in tracker doesn't work anyway. Being able to see where something cool was and run off to try and catch it was fun.

Think it's run its course now and will start to die away in the coming weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36961201

A lawsuit has been filed against the makers of Pokemon Go over players trespassing on private property.

A man in the US said strangers started lingering outside of his home with at least five people knocking on his door.

The first suit against game makers Niantic, Nintendo, and The Pokemon Company seeks class action status for others who have had Pokemon stops and gyms placed on their property.

Released on 6 July, the smartphone game has become a global phenomenon.

The lawsuit accuses the defendants of having "shown a flagrant disregard for the foreseeable consequences of populating the real world with virtual Pokemon without seeking the permission of property owners."

There was a bloody Lapras and a Tentacruel floating around outside work today, but i didn't have time to go and find them, why does the real world have to get in the way of becoming a Pokemon Master?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36961201

A lawsuit has been filed against the makers of Pokemon Go over players trespassing on private property.

A man in the US said strangers started lingering outside of his home with at least five people knocking on his door.

The first suit against game makers Niantic, Nintendo, and The Pokemon Company seeks class action status for others who have had Pokemon stops and gyms placed on their property.

Released on 6 July, the smartphone game has become a global phenomenon.

The lawsuit accuses the defendants of having "shown a flagrant disregard for the foreseeable consequences of populating the real world with virtual Pokemon without seeking the permission of property owners."

Wait, so a guy is initiating a law suit because of people playing Pokemon outside of his home and a few people knocking on his door? Jesus f**king Christ, that is ridiculous.

Not as fun now they've banned all the pokemon finding maps.

I don't have time to wander around the town for hours searching for something, especially when the built in tracker doesn't work anyway. Being able to see where something cool was and run off to try and catch it was fun.

Think it's run its course now and will start to die away in the coming weeks.

Try living in the middle of nowhere!

Try living in the middle of nowhere!

I live in a dead-end road between villages. There is literally nothing within miles. Not a single pokemon in the nearby, no stops for miles around.

The joys of inner city living means that there's a gym and three pokestops accessible from my kitchen, so basically every day when I get in from work I win back the gym and leave a magikarp to defend it, which from what i've seen is the Pokemon go equivalent of teabagging an opponent in an FPS. Karping FTW :laugh2:

The joys of inner city living means that there's a gym and three pokestops accessible from my kitchen, so basically every day when I get in from work I win back the gym and leave a magikarp to defend it, which from what i've seen is the Pokemon go equivalent of teabagging an opponent in an FPS. Karping FTW :laugh2:

I saw that happen to a gym near me. I wasn't sure if there was any reason for doing it (maybe it makes it easier for people from the same team to train at the gym?), but I thought it looked quite funny seeing a carp flopping around on top of the pedestal.

I live in a dead-end road between villages. There is literally nothing within miles. Not a single pokemon in the nearby, no stops for miles around.

Ahahahahaha no wonder you sprint out of the office during work to catch all the wonderful pokemon who pop up in the urban areas

I saw that happen to a gym near me. I wasn't sure if there was any reason for doing it (maybe it makes it easier for people from the same team to train at the gym?), but I thought it looked quite funny seeing a carp flopping around on top of the pedestal.

Apparently it's becoming quite the trend, nothing like online games to bring out the inner sh*thead in people (my sh*theadery is already on the outside so I had to do it) It does look hilarious though, I must say, worth doing it

Better than the gyms being taken over by cheaters and their lvl 3000+ pokemon

Yup, the gym beside my office has a level 2400 snorlax defending it. good luck with that 

Few egg hatches and a few new catches whilst walking the dog last night.

Finally evolved my Eevee into a Jolteon, CP 837

Hatched a Tentacool. CP 225

Hatched a Sandshrew. CP 203

Caught a Poliwag. (didn't have one before) CP 205

Caught a Voltorb. (didn't have one before) CP 150

Evolved my Krabby into a Kingler. CP 543

Not the most impressive but not bad for an hours walk with the pup. Also stopped off in the local on the way home for a cold on, so the night just got better and better.

Few egg hatches and a few new catches whilst walking the dog last night.

Finally evolved my Eevee into a Jolteon, CP 837

Hatched a Tentacool. CP 225

Hatched a Sandshrew. CP 203

Caught a Poliwag. (didn't have one before) CP 205

Caught a Voltorb. (didn't have one before) CP 150

Evolved my Krabby into a Kingler. CP 543

Not the most impressive but not bad for an hours walk with the pup. Also stopped off in the local on the way home for a cold on, so the night just got better and better.

What level are you on?