Chelsea Vs Manchester City (PL) Wed 05/04 2017 KO 20:00 GMT

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

37 minutes ago, jamie#8 said:

Agreed but defending well shouldnt mean our forward play has to suffer.

Our forward play is suffering because of one player, that is a problem for us, but i think he is our only option until the end now. Thankfully the remaining fixtures are not games where i see him struggling too much, apart from maybe up at manyoo.

It's hard for big strong players like Costa to influence games like the one yesterday where we hardly have the ball at all as he isn't really quick or skillful enough to instigate counter attacks effectively, quite similar to lukaku at Old Trafford. He's much better when we're in control of the ball and he's able to use his movement to pull defenders around and get into good positions

Really happy with the result last night, I think we needed a win badly after Saturday and given Tottenham's ludicrous comeback at Swansea.

I thought we were very lucky to be ahead at half-time, City were getting through our midfield with ease and looked really dangerous every time they came forward. Unfortunately Zouma didn't look comfortable at all and the Kanté/Fabregas axis in midfield was all over the place. Conte made the right switch at half time and we were much more stable with Kanté and Matic in the second half. Sure, City dominated the ball right to the end but aside from Stones' chance at the end they didn't create too many chances. Our defending hasn't been good enough for a few weeks, we've conceded so many easily avoidable goals, so it was good to see some resilience in the 2nd half.

Finally I thought the atmosphere at the Bridge was great, one of the best I've seen this season. There were nervy times that the team needed a lift and they certainly got it. Good effort everyone.

16 hours ago, Don Conte said:

zouma was a liability aganst citsys press

Thanks - I missed the first half and was only reading the commentary - Sucks that Zouma is not back to his good regular self. I really liked that formation and felt that Caeser seemed capable of playing a defense oriented RWB. 

8 hours ago, brownindian said:

Thanks - I missed the first half and was only reading the commentary - Sucks that Zouma is not back to his good regular self. I really liked that formation and felt that Caeser seemed capable of playing a defense oriented RWB. 

was wondering is ur avatar a cleveland browns helmet. I am a giants fan btw

I think Zouma could do with a year on loan with a team that plays from the back. His touch and passing aren't up to the standard yet,  of course the lack of match fitness hinders his movement. It was a good decision to took him off, before any real accident occurred. Hazard was amazing, only downside was he missed that easy chance to make it 3. Pedro was probably the second best player on the field, not a bad temporary RWB at all.

Just read that their was a tunnel bust up, sounds like City throwing their toys out of the pram. Didn't they react badly to Conte's celebration earlier this season? Pep needs to get control of his staff, they're like naughty school kids. 

proud of my girl Chelsea.. Didn't have a ticket but travelled from Ipswich to a pub in the Chelsea area The Elk ? Met her Chelsea gang of boys n girls and partied while watching the match.... She woulds loved it in the 70s.. My Chelsea girl

Very stressful watching this first thing in the morning on Thursday before work here in Australia, but absolutely relieved we got three points. Hazard was brilliant!

Just need to consolidate our lead and defeat Bournemouth this afternoon, especially with Spurs winning earlier today.