Leicester v Chelsea (PL) Sat 1st Feb 12:30 GMT

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's good to have people on the forum who will weed out the idiots and constantly negative folk, I would say Yorkley is one of those. 

The forum wasn't the same when he was banned, I bet even RIPMourinho missed him. 

Sure. 

For me he's the defenition of a internet-troll. 

The forum would be much better of without him.

9 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Sure. 

For me he's the defenition of a internet-troll. 

The forum would be much better of without him.

I know he can fan the flames and start arguments a lot, but a lot of it is tongue and cheek. Now I think you're a good poster, I agree with you a lot on here, but I can see where Yorkley is coming from, like myself you can be dramatic and hyperbolic. 

51 minutes ago, Slojo said:

It's good to have people on the forum who will weed out the idiots and constantly negative folk, I would say Yorkley is one of those. 

The forum wasn't the same when he was banned, I bet even RIPMourinho missed him. 

Between @yorkleyblue and @coco :wink:, they make me worry about the pies at the Bridge, though. I've never had them, and now I wonder whether I ever should try them. God, I hate football and all it brings.

Thought team did alright vs Leicester who as stated above look like a better run / coached version of our team. 
Yes we do have an inexperienced coaching team and a few younger players the same. But SFL has not had a single signing and take a look around the division there’s lots of teams w more experience on the bench & in the squad doing just as inconsistently. 
Since the extra dosh got pumped into the league it’s leveled the playing field (except dippers who have brilliantly executed their klopp plan). CFC, arse , spuds & United all trying to earn a top 4 spot the hard way. So far to be fair to Frank only CFC have managed to get there. 

2 minutes ago, General said:

Thought team did alright vs Leicester who as stated above look like a better run / coached version of our team. 
Yes we do have an inexperienced coaching team and a few younger players the same. But SFL has not had a single signing and take a look around the division there’s lots of teams w more experience on the bench & in the squad doing just as inconsistently. 
Since the extra dosh got pumped into the league it’s leveled the playing field (except dippers who have brilliantly executed their klopp plan). CFC, arse , spuds & United all trying to earn a top 4 spot the hard way. So far to be fair to Frank only CFC have managed to get there. 

TBH think Leicester are now a better run outfit than us at recruiting and planning.

Though only the one trophy in the cabinet in the last decade.

I really want to be critical of the coaching staff and the team but I can't.  Lampard has got the team having more possession and creating more chances than the opposition but still we are on this bad run that has just been camouflaged by us still hanging on to the 4th position. 

I think our main problem is defensive especially with lampard always rotating his defenders and also seeing Christensen as a rock even though everyone and our opposition sees him as the flower 🌹 that he is.

I think we should just stick to our 3421 /541 formation because we will still create opportunities regardless of the formation but be more solid with the extra defenders..

Just my 2 cents

P.S    f**k TOTTENHAM

21 hours ago, dkw said:

We get Pulisic and rlc back and fit and suddenly our options are greater, thery bring exactly what we are lacking  at this time. Also, we really need someone out there to drive the team, especially when the game starts getting away from us like the 2nd half yesterday, and currently no one does that. Only Jorginho seems to be vocal out there, evern Rudiger seems more subdued since his return. Dave certainly doesn't do it. 

Pulisic should give us more balance and penetration down the left, which is something we have been desperately lacking recently. I see RLC more as a CM and although it will be encouraging to see him back, I'm not expecting much from him at all this season, and our CM is already pretty strong as it is.

The lack of leadership on the pitch has been a long-standing problem for us. Maybe if Rüdiger was actually given the captain's armband then it would encourage him to become more vocal again. I'd feel bad for Dave though, I suspect it would be hard to 'strip' a player of the captaincy and not make it seem like a slap in the face...

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

Pulisic should give us more balance and penetration down the left, which is something we have been desperately lacking recently. I see RLC more as a CM and although it will be encouraging to see him back, I'm not expecting much from him at all this season, and our CM is already pretty strong as it is.

The lack of leadership on the pitch has been a long-standing problem for us. Maybe if Rüdiger was actually given the captain's armband then it would encourage him to become more vocal again. I'd feel bad for Dave though, I suspect it would be hard to 'strip' a player of the captaincy and not make it seem like a slap in the face...

I've written RLC off for this season, I think that's too much of an injury to come back from and play well. 

29 minutes ago, Slojo said:

I've written RLC off for this season, I think that's too much of an injury to come back from and play well. 

Yeah, if he gets anywhere close to the quality he was showing as the time of the injury then that would be great, but we definitely shouldn't count on it. At the very least, his return would give the players and fans a morale boost for the end of season run in.

6 hours ago, bluedave said:

I would like to see Rudiger given the captaincy, or maybe Jorginho as they are the only 2 players that are vocal during a game. As much as I like Dave he just isnt that kind of player, and doesnt seem to get players fired up or bollock them when needed.

Think we may want to adopted the low block ourselves in this one. United have struggled with it but manage to offer good results against sides that allow them to counter attack, like us on the opening day.

Being more realistic with my team selection idea and including a low block:

Willy Cab

James

Zouma

Tomori

Rudiger

Azpi

Kante

Kovacic

Mount

Willian

Giroud

Free role for Willian to chase United players as they come near the halfway line and support Giroud, who stays on their center backs for long balls, Kovacic and Mount to chase anyone down that hits halfway and in to our half, Kante to mop up any who get pass. Then a large back wall with pace to break down if United get passed the rest.

As United get worn down introduce Pulisic, CHO and Abraham to chase them down and go for a winner, replacing Mount, Willian and Giroud, moving Kovacic deeper to help Kante.