Chelsea v Man City (PL) Sun 3rd Jan 2021 16:30 GMT

coco

No excuse for it to not be played other than favoritism. After their match at Villa was postpone Newcastle played their next match with a much depleted squad.

If City have to do that so be it, plenty of time to plan ahead to be able to bring at least 16 players. They have a deep squad and the Arsenal kids did fine against us 

We would get no help nor sympathy. Do not see why they should.

Mendy

Azpi

Zouma

Silva

Chilwell

Kante

Mount

Ziyech (CHO)

Havertz

Pulisic

Werner

Edited by axman2526

Again forgive me but are you saying City, with their huge squad, cannot put forward the minimum needed 14 players for this game to go ahead. Come on.... that takes the piss.

With the time they have to clean up the training ground and get at least that many players for the game either play or forfeit the game.

Edited by axman2526

32 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Let it go ahead with reserves once staff are safe 

Agreed. I could understand their game against Everton being called off. They didn't have time to determine which staff members were infected so that would have veen risky. But City ought to have that determined well before the weekend, and I would be surprised if they cannot put together a match day squad. That being said you know the league will go easy on them.

20 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Agreed. I could understand their game against Everton being called off. They didn't have time to determine which staff members were infected so that would have veen risky. But City ought to have that determined well before the weekend, and I would be surprised if they cannot put together a match day squad. That being said you know the league will go easy on them.

The premier league need a strong City as they are the only other team that could win the league apart from dippers, the premier league brand needs an exciting and competitive title race, before making sure the dippers win it in April/May

24 minutes ago, chi blue said:

The premier league need a strong City as they are the only other team that could win the league apart from dippers, the premier league brand needs an exciting and competitive title race, before making sure the dippers win it in April/May

To be fair they would much rather do that for United.

And to look at it another way, if our entire 11 and management team came down with the virus we would still have to play with:

Kepa

Tomori

Christensen

Rudiger

Azpi

Gilmour

Jorginho

Alonso

Havertz

Abraham

CHO

Leaving a bench of

Willy

Emerson

Giroud

Anjorin

Plus kids.

If we can City can.

Edited by axman2526

6 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I hope it doesn’t get postponed but if it does we get to rest some players and Frank gets time to work with them at the training ground which would hopefully be a good thing. 

We get the rest after. Either our FA cup game goes ahead or not. Either way we can rest so many players there.

4 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

The match has been approved. Feel like we needed this one off, t's going to be horrible for the confidence if we drop points again.

Might be our last match for a while is the break comes in.

In addition to Walker and Gabriel J, wonder who else City cannot use.

Edited by axman2526

This is a must win game. No excuses, in the past we used to show up in the big games and a win against a top team is long overdue.

Mendy

James T.Silva Zouma Chiwell

Kante  Mount

CHO       Havertz    Pulisic

Abraham

30 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

This is a must win game. No excuses, in the past we used to show up in the big games and a win against a top team is long overdue.

Mendy

Kante  Mount

Abraham

Would go with that line-up with the exception of the striker position. Would start with Giroud or possibly even Werner ahead of Abraham whose hold up play just isn't good enough and he never looks like getting on the end of crosses. Think he's more likely to get any joy coming off the bench with 20 minutes to go. 

Edited by Nibs

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Mendy

Kante  Mount

Abraham

Werner rather than Tammy for me and Ziyech if fit for CHO. Otherwise looks good.

Curious to see if City have anyone other than Walker and Gabriel out.

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Werner rather than Tammy for me and Ziyech if fit for CHO. Otherwise looks good.

Curious to see if City have anyone other than Walker and Gabriel out.

From what I know it looks like Ziyech isn't ready yet.

1 hour ago, chi blue said:

This game could get very messy, and sadly Frank may well have his last game in charge, remember this is Chelsea and anything is possible 

Could well be, but riddle me this.

Why is it you can go through how many different managers, Frank, Sarri, Conte, Jose, probably others too, and each of them, different styles, personalities and systems, have had horrible runs in November and December?

Cultural problem at the club with the players imo.