Chelsea v Wolves (PL) Wed 27th Jan 2021 18:00 GMT

5 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

I always wondered about this. Does any new gaffa get a complete wardrobe with the job? A few sets of trackies with their initials on, a couple of suits with the logo, a couple of hats, one of them neck warmer things, a coat or two. Or do they pick out of smart wear or casual wear. How quickly do they order the stuff after new appointments or do they use what they find and just rip of previous initials  and slap the initials new on. He seemed to have his TT kit pretty quickly. Mr A must spend a fortune on buying new clothes for managers. Unless they make the new manager pay for it all?

I imagine a quick run with the kit man past some racks of clothes for the right size, then a trainee kit youngster gets to work with one of those ironing machines to glue the initials on the coat and pants. The trainee gets a good grade for picking the right initials. The kits of the former coaching staff get laundered and re-distributed. There's a cash crisis going on in the world of football, you know! 

I always wonder how things like housing and a school for the kids are arranged. There must be someone at the club who helps out with cars and bank accounts and practical stuff like that. 

Edited by Valerie

First of all ...

3 minutes ago, Valerie said:

. The trainee gets a good grade for picking the right initials

?????????

4 minutes ago, Valerie said:

always wonder how things like housing and a school for the kids are arranged. There must be someone at the club who helps out with cars and bank accounts and practical stuff like that. 

I remember when Kai and Werner came to us one of them said something about rudiger helping out and the same with Zouma helping out Silva. I think it's one of those come over and find your feet yourself after talking to people.

He can leave his family behind for a couple of weeks until he has figured it out and let's face it he can afford a hotel for a couple of nights until he has found his own place....just realised he probably gets a free suite in Chelsea's hotel. Not sure if he would get offered a free hotel suite for any other team though

2 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

First of all ...

?????????

I remember when Kai and Werner came to us one of them said something about rudiger helping out and the same with Zouma helping out Silva. I think it's one of those come over and find your feet yourself after talking to people.

He can leave his family behind for a couple of weeks until he has figured it out and let's face it he can afford a hotel for a couple of nights until he has found his own place....just realised he probably gets a free suite in Chelsea's hotel. Not sure if he would get offered a free hotel suite for any other team though

It would make sense for him to stay near Cobham rather than the Bridge. I’m sure he’s not living in a travel lodge and the club have sorted him out given the short notice. 

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

It would make sense for him to stay near Cobham rather than the Bridge. I’m sure he’s not living in a travel lodge and the club have sorted him out given the short notice. 

Why would they when they have their own hotel. I get what your saying about cobham but it's only a short helicopter ride and he can parachute to save the pilot going through all that effort trying to find somewhere to park

14 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

It's being reported that we'll be playing a back 3, CHO to play as a right wing-back, all 3 Germans start and Mount left out of the XI

Cannot see a new coach dropping Reece as a RB or RWB for CHO,

Wingback is arguably the most demanding role in football today and the biggest criticism of CHO is him switching off every now and again during a game, it would be madness to drop Reece for CHO in a wingback role.

Edited by Imran_CFC

I'm  almost certain that it'll be rudi and silva as CBs, werner, kai and puli will be playing(unless puli is injured again).

If mount is playing I'm not expecting his best game. Frank being sacked has probably hit him the hardest of all. Be nice to see gilmour start but I think touch will probably pick Jorgi over him(touchel is apparently a fan of jorgi). I will be happy with any selection that doesn't involve Alonso and kepa though

12 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

It's being reported that we'll be playing a back 3, CHO to play as a right wing-back, all 3 Germans start and Mount left out of the XI

Nothing says "new regime" more than leaving out the poster child for the previous manager .... remember when Jose did this with Mata. Don't agree with that approach personally ... so hopefully this is not the case. CHO as a wing-back also sounds highly suspect ... 45 minutes until we find out I guess !

3 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

.... remember when Jose did this with Mata.

....and then went even further and sold him to a rival, being one of our best players.

I bet that'll be next. That is, if Frank isn't already at another club, cause I think Mason will follow.

5 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Nothing says "new regime" more than leaving out the poster child for the previous manager .... remember when Jose did this with Mata. Don't agree with that approach personally ... so hopefully this is not the case. CHO as a wing-back also sounds highly suspect ... 45 minutes until we find out I guess !

Just talking to the missus about that. I feel bad for him, captained us out on the weekend and now because a new guy wants to stamp his authority he'll probably get dropped from the squad for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully this won't happen Touchel did promote youth and academy products when he was with Mainz

2 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Do you imagine that the initials available in the kit bag has a bearing on new manager selection ?

Haha there is a thought, Mr A wanted sarri back but could find any m's and mount in the background having a good giggle because he took them all. The kit guy then says but we do seem to have alots of t's. Thus a deal was done and history was made

1 hour ago, forbzy said:

I would be happy to see something along those lines. I think James and Gilmour can offer a lot more as wing backs. If Havertz struggles then potentially Ziyech would be a good option in that position too.

Think you meant to say James and Chilwell?

1 minute ago, Paddy said:

Do you imagine that the initials available in the kit bag has a bearing on new manager selection ?

Very good point ? We should make an inventory of all the letters from all our players since Ranieri and compare the least used letters with our managers. Who has time for this, you @Munkworth? Or @loz, any moment now that he's chucking in this cycling thing.

1 minute ago, Valerie said:

Very good point ? We should make an inventory of all the letters from all our players since Ranieri and compare the least used letters with our managers. Who has time for this, you @Munkworth? Or @loz, any moment now that he's chucking in this cycling thing.

Haha @Munkworth  was probably on wiki and google looking this up yesterday morning. Always one step ahead

10 minutes ago, Mod Stark said:

....and then went even further and sold him to a rival, being one of our best players.

I bet that'll be next. That is, if Frank isn't already at another club, cause I think Mason will follow.

Imagine Frank's last managers job will be with west ham only for the sake of symmetry 

3 minutes ago, coco said:

Over an hour to go and the match chat is bustling with excited shed enders. Where were you when we were sh*t  i ask you ?

Arguing with trolls on FB because I never knew you guys existed.

Just had a thought, how long has this forum been going? And how old is FB. I guess it's possible the forum is older then FB?

Edited by Malta Blue

3 hours ago, Valerie said:

I'm so torn over my prediction for tonight's match, and you're not helping @yorkleyblue :biggrin:  I'm thinking that Werner is bound to score at least one goal, but it won't be the first time my first scorer isn't even int the squad... 

I did it: Werner first goal scorer, 17th minute. My forte is really predicting the colour socks of the referee, but what the hell.

:hiding: